Speculation: GMs Saving Trades for Tonight

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
PURELY SPECULATION - but there wasnt the typical flood of trades last night before the draft. Me thinks all the GMs have stashed trades up their sleeve to put a show on today/tonite at the SPHERE for all us fans because we deserve it

we've been hockey starved since the cup was lifted on Monday nite - but we will get a show tonite for sure:thumbu:

I believe there is a lot of conversations going on. Gorton met the the Habs media yesterday and said there is a lot of GM talk going on and there might be a fair amount of trades.

It's probably lots of proposed deals and only approved/agreed if certain things happen or don't happen.

Imagine the amount of planning teams do. Got to be prepared for any domino effect to avoid any scrambling last moment.

Reactions: lanceuppercut75

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Normally I’d dismiss it as wishful thinking but the league was mocked relentlessly for having a first round with zero trades last year…so I could see that being something they don’t wish to see repeated.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
More like the cup final finished closer to the draft than ever before and they haven't had as much time to pull the trigger.
most of them were showing respect to the 2 teams still competing for the cup and to the unwritten hockey rule (no trades during playoffs) - now their saving up their moves for tonite to put a show on for the fans- we deserve it

June is Hockey Month

• Haha
Reactions: Burt Macklin

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
PURELY SPECULATION - but there wasnt the typical flood of trades last night before the draft. Me thinks all the GMs have stashed trades up their sleeve to put a show on today/tonite at the SPHERE for all us fans because we deserve it

we've been hockey starved since the cup was lifted on Monday nite - but we will get a show tonite for sure:thumbu:
Probably be couple on the floor. Few more early free agency

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
There will likely be a trade or 2 leading up to and during the draft. I wouldn’t expect the floodgates to open though. The insidurz always say there will be a flurry of activity, but in reality, it’s normally pretty boring.

Don’t get me wrong, I’ll be watching the draft, cause what else am I gonna do.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Lots of teams are hesitant to move around because of the volatility of the draft this year.

I expect a few moves during the top15.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Normally I’d dismiss it as wishful thinking but the league was mocked relentlessly for having a first round with zero trades last year…so I could see that being something they don’t wish to see repeated.
What??? Do you really think the NHL or the GMs gives two hoots about the fact that some "fans" on X or Reddit or HFBoards mocked them for having no trades n the first round last year? Really???

Reactions: Reality Czech

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
Especially with the Draft selection show being a complete dud as well. LOL
This league... I tell you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad