Post-Game Talk: [GM20] Canucks lose to Avalanche | 2-5 (Hoglander & Miller) | Ref Show

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
I think the Canucks are going to this game on a good vibe..They took control of the SJS game in the 3rd, whereas they gave the game away to the Kraken in the 3rd.

I don't think anyone in the lineup had a particularly poor game against SJS..

Game will be a good measuring stick, to see how they stand up against top competition..If the energy is there, they have a good chance to take it.

As long as they bring their best effort forward, win or lose, we'll be alright.

Of course, outside of Hughes and Hronek our D corps basically feels like wet tissue paper. Avs probably gonna have a field day here.

LemonSauceD

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
There was a game in 2005 where I vividly remember Jim and John stressing the importance of containing Hejduk in the pre-game.

Puck drops. Some 10-11 seconds into the game...Milan Hejduk scores.

I was laughing my ass off at that point.
Yup assisted by another glorious Canuck Killer Alex Tanguay with that fluky ass flip pass. Man I hated Alex Tanguay. That Sakic/Hejduk/Tanguay line was f***ED.

I remember he had this ridiculous 5 point night in 2001 in his rookie season or something. i was like 9 or 10 years old, I thought he was sick until he kept lighting it up against us for another 10 years. Even in Calgary.

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

helloconga

Oct 12, 2023
Florida
already called the playoffs a wild back, but a win here on the road would solidify their name as a contender. go canucks

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
I know my mood shouldn't be affected by the team, I'm too old for that, but I've been pretty psyched the last two days for this game. I hope they both get 5 points and we win 7-6

Toews-Makar
Byram-Manson

Man, when can this team have depth like that??

We need another NHL dman so badly. :(
We need 2 at least.

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
I know my mood shouldn't be affected by the team, I'm too old for that, but I've been pretty psyched the last two days for this game. I hope they both get 5 points and we win 7-6

Toews-Makar
Byram-Manson

Man, when can this team have depth like that??

We need 2 at least.
Imagine thinking Byram or Manson can beat Tyler Myers...

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
We are 3-3 in our last 6 games so we have come back down to earth. A loss tonight makes us 3-4 and …. That’s stinky.

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
COL 2nd line looks really bad on paper. I guess the same can be said about our 2nd and 3rd pairs lol.

We match up very well against them, we just need to upgrade our defence and I really feel it’s a toss up and which team top players show up who would win.

We also have edge in goaltending

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
COL 2nd line looks really bad on paper. I guess the same can be said about our 2nd and 3rd pairs lol.

We match up very well against them, we just need to upgrade our defence and I really feel it’s a toss up and which team top players show up who would win.

We also have edge in goaltending
Based on Bednar's comments, it doesn't sound like they're underestimating us either. Should be a tough game.

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
Yeah, hope we see "prime" Petey tonight, and stellar play from the the rest of the guys.

These two teams always seem to get up for each other. They have a history of high spirited games.

IceColdBear

Apr 5, 2016
Is Demko confirmed starting?

I have two other goalies in fantasy playing at 7 pm EST - if Demko isn't playing I need to start one of them before 7 tonight.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
It’s 1240am in Spain (the s isn’t silent for once), and I’m flying to the Canary Islands in 6 hours.

I booked this trip thinking I didn’t have hockey to look forward to in November BUT I WAS WRONG. So I’ll be tuning it at 4 f***ing am because you gotta support the team
I'm not jealous.

I'm not ...

gsharpe

Jan 12, 2010
What ever happened with Nichuskin? Last I remember he had an overly intoxicated girl in his room that wasn't his wife. After that I haven't paid attention

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
It’s 1240am in Spain (the s isn’t silent for once), and I’m flying to the Canary Islands in 6 hours.

I booked this trip thinking I didn’t have hockey to look forward to in November BUT I WAS WRONG. So I’ll be tuning it at 4 f***ing am because you gotta support the team
It's 4:56PM in the Downtown Eastside of Vancouver here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad