Post-Game Talk: [GM20] Canucks lose to Avalanche | 2-5 (Hoglander & Miller) | Ref Show

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Petey O

I can teach you how to play gicky gackers
Feb 26, 2021
Brock Boeser
Juulsen on the ice is an automatic loss against a team like the Avs. Demko will have to pull a miracle to make it work.

Reactions: Indiana

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Canucks need a Georgiev special if they wanna pull this one out. Canucks top players all logged heavy minutes last game and they were already running on fumes

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
This one will be a killer.

At 12 games when we were 9-2-1 heading out on the Eastern Canada road trip I said I wanted to go 7-5 in the next 12 or 6-6 would be fine given the nasty travel. They're 4-3 through the first 7 games but I had this one as basically a guaranteed loss.

Colorado were absolutely on fire outscoring their opponents 19-6 before an embarrassing last-minute loss to Nashville last game. So now they're playing great AND will be pissed off.

I suspect we'll need a huge goaltending performance to get a result here.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Turnovers and lack of defense will kill us in this one. Mackinnon Rantanen Makar are going to be ruthless against our Juulsens/Myers/Friedmans.

Reactions: LordBacon

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Unless they make a change that’s what we’ll be seeing for the next 6-8 weeks. Just brutal.

Not sure what the hold up is.
It's terrible timing for Wolanin, who (one would think) would finally be getting his shot now, if he, too, weren't injured.

Reactions: Indiana

sandwichbird2023

Aug 4, 2004
time flies when games are meaningful
So refreshing after years of "meaningful games in March" during the Benning era.

We are about 8 points ahead of where I expected them to be at the quarter mark when I was looking at the schedule before the season started. The team has far exceeded my expectation.

The Avs has a lot of elite top end players, but their depth isn't too great. Johansen and Druoin shouldn't be 2nd line players on contending teams. If we can somehow limit the damage by their top guys, we can win.

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016

86ug3z.jpg

I feel like this is game where Hughes and Hronek should be split up.

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
The Hughes/Makar show tomorrow. The battle for the Norris trophy as the leagues best defenseman. This game will be entertaining.

Hopefully Juulsen plays like he did against San Jose, rather than every other game he's played this year.

Demko needs to stand on his head. While the defense needs to slow down the Avs firepower.

Pettersson will need to wake up for this one, and get the offense going again.

Looking forward to it. Go Canucks.

Reactions: Indiana and Flik

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Anyone else feel it's time to shake up the lines a little bit? Tocchet seems to very rarely move his pieces around. Thought JTM's line looked better vs SJS when PDG was replaced with Beau, but of course that had more to do with Hoglander being ejected and Coach Tocc shortening the bench.

I feel when a team is tired, shuffling lines can improve focus. Also throws off the pre-scouting a little bit.

I'm holding off on declaring my undying love for Tocchet until I've seen him handle some adversity. With the schedule and dinged up depth, we are seeing a bit of that now. Liking his even keel so far, especially considering his reputation coming in. But I do wonder if he's getting everything he can out of this tired group, of if manipulating ice time and line mates a bit more could squeeze a bit more juice from this rind.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
Anyone else feel it's time to shake up the lines a little bit? Tocchet seems to very rarely move his pieces around. Thought JTM's line looked better vs SJS when PDG was replaced with Beau, but of course that had more to do with Hoglander being ejected and Coach Tocc shortening the bench.

I feel when a team is tired, shuffling lines can improve focus. Also throws off the pre-scouting a little bit.

I'm holding off on declaring my undying love for Tocchet until I've seen him handle some adversity. With the schedule and dinged up depth, we are seeing a bit of that now. Liking his even keel so far, especially considering his reputation coming in. But I do wonder if he's getting everything he can out of this tired group, of if manipulating ice time and line mates a bit more could squeeze a bit more juice from this rind.
i wouldn't mind a couple minor shakeups, and i will probably get a couple eyebrow raises but i wouldn't mind giving a try

PDG / Pettersson / Kuzmenko
Hoglander / Miller / Boeser
Mikheyev / Lafferty / Beauvillier

then the joshua/blueger/garland

Reactions: Flik and alternate

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad