GDT: GM06 | Vancouver Canucks @ Chicago Blackhawks | Tue. Oct 22nd | 5:15pm PST | SNP | That's a Weird Start Time

LemonSauceD

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Maybe if they try Pettersson where Miller normally plays it can allow more options such as Petey being able to have more space and time to release his shot since it takes forever in the first place. And Miller can work the right side as a guy who’s able to get a quick shot off and be able to work with Hughes to utilize the right side more.

Garland playing where Kuzmenko played would be beneficial but I don’t expect him to be as good but someone that can create zone entries and keep the puck alive hashmarks and down as well as potentially being available for the backdoor pass.

Reactions: CanuckCity

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Maybe if they try Pettersson where Miller normally plays it can allow more options such as Petey being able to have more space and time to release his shot since it takes forever in the first place. And Miller can work the right side as a guy who’s able to get a quick shot off and be able to work with Hughes to utilize the right side more.

Garland playing where Kuzmenko played would be beneficial but I don’t expect him to be as good but someone that can create zone entries and keep the puck alive hashmarks and down as well as potentially being available for the backdoor pass.
It’s fine when they rotate and do this for a few looks, but Miller on the right side neuters his downhill shot/pass ability like he does on the left. He’s way too good on the left (and no one can play it like him) to move.

They tried this for a stretch last year and we were clamouring for him to move back to the left

Last edited:
Reactions: CanuckCity

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
When you see someone who can't like comments, does anyone else think -- hmm, I never noticed you being a bigger asshole than me
I called out a certain poster for his continuous & disruptive behaviour here and got reported.
Idk if that constitutes as being an asshole. Granted I did infact use pretty strong language hence the soft ban.

I'll frame my sentences better next time. :sarcasm: You cant be too straight forward these days.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
Hope I'm wrong, but looks to me like both Miller and Hughes are nursing some kind of injuries. Tocchet admitted as much when Miller was forced to leave after a seemingly innocuous collision on the opening faceoff.

And Hughes looked to be in serious discomfort on the bench at times in the Flyers game. I guess these are nicks that they can play through......but hope they don't become 'chronic' as the long season unfolds.
Quinn isn't nursing anything, he got hit in the ribs during the latter half of flyers game.

LemonSauceD

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Quinn isn't nursing anything, he got hit in the ribs during the latter half of flyers game.
Towards the end of the Florida game, he got boarded by Bennett and he looked like he was harbouring his mid section. He looked really hurt.

If Hughes stayed on the ice, that would’ve been a 5 minute major. Bennett hit him squarely in the numbers that f***ing puke.

ManVanFan

Mar 28, 2024
Agreed. Good starts are important, but having Miller in good shape is more vital to our chances.

Lankinen has forced his way into the starter's role for now. Good for him.

Hopefully the group keeps building off their last two efforts.
I don't know if "forced his way" is the way I would put it haha. I don't think Silovs made it much of a competition, more just gave it up with some sub par performances.

I think Silovs needs more time. Tolopilo seems to be off to a strong start in the AHL this year.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I don't know if "forced his way" is the way I would put it haha. I don't think Silovs made it much of a competition, more just gave it up with some sub par performances.

I think Silovs needs more time. Tolopilo seems to be off to a strong start in the AHL this year.

I mean, even if Silovs was average to good, I think Lankinen has had some really excellent games. Plan was clearly to rotate until someone grabbed the brass ring, and at least for the moment, Lankinen has done that.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
3 more years and they will be ready to compete.
Look at their roster. Lots of veterans who are short term place holders. 2 kids that you can bet on to be there in 2028 in Bedard and Vlasic. All other kids haven’t shown enough to put down that bet at the moment.

Anyone not on the roster needs time to develop and then adapt to the nhl. So 3 years is the minimum. Talking 27-28 season before they should think they are PO contenders.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad