Pre-Game Talk: GM04 | Vancouver Canucks @ Florida Panthers | Thurs. Oct 17th | 4pm PST | SNP | I Am Not Entertained

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
This is what I prefer as well. Forbort has been better since game 01 but it’s not like his play is making a meaningful difference.
He has been very good on the pk. One of the areas the Canucks have been good to start the reason. I would say that is meaningful.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Not suprised.

His skating is so far from where it needs to be...

He got a notch faster this season and showed well during camp but he's still too slow and seems to struggle to process the game at this level. It remains to be seen whether or not he can take another step or if this is his ceiling.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003

Surprised, I agree with you I thought they were a bit committed to him based on some of those metrics, but his play has fallen off. I'm not really a Bains guy either, would almost rather have PDG up at this point, but we have a lot of underperforming wingers kicking around, so having him isn't the worst.

Wonder if Suter will swap back to centre, or Aman will plug-in. Seems like previous line rushes they've subbed in Aman.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

Surprised it's Raty and not Bains.

I don't think they did Raty any favours by using him as the 3C instead of just putting Blueger there in his normal role and giving Raty softer looks as the 4C to get acclimatized.

Tocchet's got a blind spot with Juulsen and I wish management would take his toy away from him. He's at best, the 8th defenseman on the depth chart in Vancouver, and could be as low as 10.

I maintain that if Tocchet had dressed Friedman instead of Juulsen when Soucy was suspended vs Edmonton, the Canucks would have won that series.

100%

Juulsen is theoretically a low-event #7 defender who you expect to keep things simple and not hurt you when he's in the lineup.

Except he isn't that. He simply cannot help himself from taking himself out of position trying for stupid big hits and makes major positional errors that cost the team in nearly every game he plays.

He did have one decent run of 15-20 games in the middle of last season but before that and since that he's been a total liability. And it's completely at 'take the toy away' stage.

If you're going to have a guy making dumb mistakes to cost goals, it might as well be a guy who creates goals too.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Let's be real....everything went off the rails in the playoffs when @Ginger Papa vanished.

Now we are winless this season without him here.

The key to winning is for him to come back!

Reactions: Kryten

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Raty has been far from the problem with this team, I actually think he's been good in the 3rd line center role and that Hoglander-Raty-Garland line has been controlling play very heavily.

Garland & Hoglander have been excellent. Blueger would further improve that line. Raty has been decent and would be a better fit as the 4C.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
This was always the concern/risk. They were going to have to hit home runs in the FA and trade market basically every year to make it work, and lose guys like Cole, Zadorov and Lindholm in the process due to the cap situation. If they fail, the team would take a major step back season-on-season. They obviously did it last year. Too early to say how this year's turnover will eventually work out.

Agreed. I would say that Zadorov, Lindholm (and to a lesser extent Hronek) are the type of trades we should consider making. The issue is that the Canucks failed to re-sign Zadorov and Lindholm at the dollars management anticipated. Lindholm probably left because he didn't want to play 3C but Zadorov was a bit of a miscalculation. Had we negotiated an extension with Zadorov right away we probably could have got him on a 5 year $4M-$4.5M AAV contract.

There are benefits to waiting but if you trade assets for a player for non-rental purposes I sure hope the ability to sign the player is a big consideration. While things can change, I think 100% the Canucks had knowledge of where contract negotiations were at with both Lindholm and Zadorov before they left Calgary.

Reactions: TruGr1t

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
He got a notch faster this season and showed well during camp but he's still too slow and seems to struggle to process the game at this level. It remains to be seen whether or not he can take another step or if this is his ceiling.
NHL Edge shows him to be really slow still.

His stride looks slighlty more efficient now.

Didn't get the proper training

;)
Yes. He did not.

Whats with the wink?

Is it really so bizarre to think someone working in the field might have access to this information..? In a small town like Oulu.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
I imagine Forbort stays in but curious to see who the 6th guy is.

If they throw in Brannstrom as soon as he arrives and scratch Desharnais for a 3rd straight game that would be quite interesting lol

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
Management offered 7M to Lindholm - they made the correct decision walking from him.

Zadorov OTOH, they should have signed. They were stubborn over 500k and now we have the likes of VD, Forbort and Juulsen. Plus we have to add further assets to get an upgrade. Was a no brainer

Anyways, hope the lines get changed and Juulsen gets stapled to the press box and/or waived.

Also, Silovs needs a break

Reactions: theguardianII

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad