Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread VI

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
If he didn’t have his contract sure. But Calgary isn’t going to retain 50% for six more seasons after this one. Even then he’s pricey for that kind of term.
He came out this season saying he would waive his NMC and everyone said, 'no one wants you' or laughed (rightly so) at the idea of him holding value.

He appears to be out to prove he has value as he was playing a completely different game than last year. He was attacking the net, vocal, and has since then put up 6 points in the first three games.

If this is indeed a player they are going to move (if it's either his request or the team also agreeing with his request) the right amount of retention on him could be a great addition.

I don't follow your logic on why Calgary would want to move him, not to mention move him AND retain salary. Especially for the options you listed above. I just don't see it.

They are not competing for years. They can get assets for him and get out from his contract. They remove a player who doesn't want to be there.

If the Bruins were offering Poitras and Frederic, do you not think that would be enticing for Calgary?

Chevalier du Clavier

Écrivain de ferrage
Jul 20, 2005
He came out this season saying he would waive his NMC and everyone said, 'no one wants you' or laughed (rightly so) at the idea of him holding value.

He appears to be out to prove he has value as he was playing a completely different game than last year. He was attacking the net, vocal, and has since then put up 6 points in the first three games.

If this is indeed a player they are going to move (if it's either his request or the team also agreeing with his request) the right amount of retention on him could be a great addition.

They are not competing for years. They can get assets for him and get out from his contract. They remove a player who doesn't want to be there.

If the Bruins were offering Poitras and Frederic, do you not think that would be enticing for Calgary?

I don't think the Bruins would offer Poitras and don't see the Flames wanting Frederic on an expiring contract. By the way, I like Huberdeau. There is plenty of risk, though.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL

Depends on how you value Poitras and Frederic, or more importantly, how Calgary does.

Personally, I don't see a lot of value in Frederic (regardless of his expiring contract). He's a solid meat & potatoes bottom 6 guy on a good team who is very easily replaceable. There's nothing special about that player, other than his ability to fill a roster spot and chip in 15-20 goals. Can he play top 6? Maybe. But if he is, your forward group probably isn't very good.

For me right now, Poitras' ceiling is a 2C. He's still gotta show that he's durable enough to play a full season, and lead a line.

Last edited:
Reactions: 22Brad Park

BradMarchandismydad

Nov 22, 2016
Boston

Player for players, yeah.

Zero chance we make the money work.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad