Management GM Pierre Dorion/Front Office Thread - Part IX [Mod Warning in post 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I think the message we should be grabbing on to is the greater than 9/10 chance Dorion is gone.
:partytime:

The Dubas stuff is just noise.
do you think saravalli interviewed all prospective owners and all of their prospective POHOs to find this info out.

The owner are businessmen and likely at this point don’t know who the f*** Dorion is

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
do you think saravalli interviewed all prospective owners and all of their prospective POHOs to find this info out.

The owner are businessmen and likely at this point don’t know who the f*** Dorion is
They all just came to town and met him.

SquidNasty

Dec 8, 2021
If we land Dubas it probably means we get Keefe too. I’m super high on both of them and would be thrilled if they came to town.

Lots of Sens fans hate them because they don’t want anything to do with the Leafs but they’re both fantastic.

Everyone is gonna point to the playoff failures but it’s not their fault Matthews and Marner are the least clutch players in the league. Lookup their elimination game stats it’s actually wild.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
If we land Dubas it probably means we get Keefe too. I’m super high on both of them and would be thrilled if they came to town.

Lots of Sens fans hate them because they don’t want anything to do with the Leafs but they’re both fantastic.

Everyone is gonna point to the playoff failures but it’s not their fault Matthews and Marner are the least clutch players in the league. Lookup their elimination game stats it’s actually wild.
Wait a minute. So in Toronto it's the GM and coaches fault if the players can't win important games, but in Ottawa it's the players fault and not the GM and Coach? That seems kind of messed up.

Reactions: Bileur

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Oh so now you want to know what I think... well.. since you made it out that you'd have to be a complete idiot to think that.. with which I am confident 9/10 people would concur without interviewing them; Yes I think he talked to not just all the prospective owners, and everyone they know but any one within 6 degrees of separation and only then did he announce his findings based on completely emperical data derived from a professionally crafted survey. Millions of participants. I am sure your concern about what they know about Dorion was carefully covered.
You want answers.
1681686691494.png

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Wait a minute. So in Toronto it's the GM and coaches fault if the players can't win important games, but in Ottawa it's the players fault and not the GM and Coach? That seems kind of messed up.

They have two options:

1. Take another shot with their intact core and hope for the best

2. Move out a big piece and shake things up

In a big market like Toronto, moving out one of the big names is a massive risk that maybe everyone in management is a little too scared to go ahead with. I can't blame them, but the contract situation is going to force their hand pretty soon.

Reactions: Loach

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
They have two options:

1. Take another shot with their intact core and hope for the best

2. Move out a big piece and shake things up

In a big market like Toronto, moving out one of the big names is a massive risk that maybe everyone in management is a little too scared to go ahead with. I can't blame them, but the contract situation is going to force their hand pretty soon.
And that will be when management ships one out.

I wish we had taken JJ Peterka instead of Jarventie. Peterka would look good playing with Pinto.
I wish we took K'Andre Miller instead of trading for the picks we used to draft Bernard-Docker and Tychonic.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Toronto will go on a run. Tampa looks like they are on fumes. I bet there won't be any big changes in Toronto.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
That was something that had crossed my mind recently when thinking about next season.

Screw all this "Path to 96" and slipping into the playoffs stuff. 100 points - that's what I want - a nice, round, successful number.

Unrealistic? Probably, but I want a statement season next year that the Sens are back in Playoff Town.
I want to see 12 points earned for every 10 games played, consistently!

Reactions: bicboi64

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Toronto will go on a run. Tampa looks like they are on fumes. I bet there won't be any big changes in Toronto.

Well if they do go on a run they will run right into Boston and that will end things pretty quick.

Reactions: Cosmix

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Oh so now you want to know what I think... well.. since you made it out that you'd have to be a complete idiot to think that.. with which I am confident 9/10 people would concur without interviewing them; Yes I think he talked to not just all the prospective owners, and everyone they know but any one within 6 degrees of separation and only then did he announce his findings based on completely emperical data derived from a professionally crafted survey. Millions of participants. I am sure your concern about what they know about Dorion was carefully covered.
You want answers.
View attachment 689593
Your scenario is literally what he would need to be so certain on this. That or complete speculation

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Chariot would only waive his NTC to come to Ottawa if we signed Galchenyuk.
I willed galchenyuk to the Sens once. I’ll do it again.

That’s who we should have signed when norris went down. And actually play him at center.

Actually you know what? Fire Dorion thats inexcusablei

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
Dorion mentioning only 1 guy needs to be signed long term.
He was saying they're going to sign DeBrincat long term if he wants to stay

Ian asked Pierre if playoffs are expectations and Pierre said he is not going to make bold statements...

Sorry Pierre there are no other expectations if its not playoffs you can step aside.
Knowing Pierre, he was probably stopping himself from saying we're winning the cup next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad