Management GM Pierre Dorion/Front Office Thread - Part IX [Mod Warning in post 1)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Dahlin was already bridged for 3 years, so signing for another 5 years would mean he'd be with the team for 8 years after his ELC, which is the same number of years as Stutzle and Sanderson.

Try again.
ISITZEN — moving the goalposts

Beech

Nov 25, 2020
Yeah, he probably just meant that the dismantling was over, which it was.
no.

he meant, we need you to buy tickets...

So he says, the rebuild is over... you rush to buy tickets..165 M in revenue is needed.. How does that come when you say, well, we still have 3--4 years to go.. fans will say, okay, I'll look you up in 3-4 years.

Montreal's Kent Hughes just a few moths ago said: This year is playoffs... He meant: in Montreal, we need 180-200 M.. Please rush and buy your tickets.

fans need to be smart and understand. Sales and Marketing delivers the message.. not the Hockey ops... And so, Dorion, did not err.. he knew what he was saying and he was probably directed to say it.

In the NHL
rule 1, generate 165 million and more
rule 2. see rule 1

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I think Pierre has done that every year. Keeps finding new corners.
Yes and every time he has done it, he has had to give up assets, make bad trades or sign bad contracts.

He has now officially run out of room and we haven't made the playoffs yet.

I'm still pumped for the season but it really sucks that we find ourselves cap screwed when we finally reach the point where we can expect a real increase in performance.

Ghost of Jody Hull

May 20, 2022

wants to add to the people already there.

At the same time, he said he lets his people do their job but holds them "accountable" and mentioned several times about the cap crunch the team has gotten themselves into which is preventing them from signing Shane Pinto.

Listening to that interview, he came off as a lot more practical than some would probably like. My 3 takeaways:

• There was no vote of confidence for the GM or coach. If there's a slow start, or the team misses the playoffs, these guys will be on thin ice. Everyone is going to be evaluated starting now.
• Salary cap spending is no gimme in coming years. Fans need to buy tickets for the team to spend.
• If there's going to be an arena downtown, taxpayers will be footing a lot of the bill.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
There was no vote of confidence for the GM or coach. If there's a slow start, or the team misses the playoffs, these guys will be on thin ice. Everyone is going to be evaluated starting now.

As they should be.

But Andlauer recognizes the good job Dorion has done so far, which is why he wants to add to the front office, not replace.

• Haha
Reactions: Loach

Ghost of Jody Hull

May 20, 2022
As they should be.

But Andlauer recognizes the good job Dorion has done so far, which is why he wants to add to the front office, not replace.

Maybe. But like I said, there has yet to a public vote of confidence for the GM (or coach), so we don't really know what he's thinking. All he's said is that he's early in his tenure and wants to listen and learn before making any moves. He hasn't said "Pierre has done a great job" in any interview, for example. He's said that he wants to build a team that can win the cup. He hasn't said that we have a team that can win the cup.

I'm not getting the "we're ready to go all in with this core and win, full steam ahead, I'm just here to support" vibe from him. It's much more measured.

The next few months will be interesting.

Reactions: DrEasy

Sens Vader

Jan 23, 2016
As they should be.

Well, they fired Mann who had a significant hand in building this team. In fact, if our drafting and prospect scouting wasn't a knock out this rebuild would have been shite

But this is good news, we have been so thin for so many years - Andleaur gonna bolster our hockey ops team which is gonna ramp this thing up a notch

I'm excited to see a POHO hire and am already happy about the Analytics adds to help both management and coaching

KingAlfie11

Nov 3, 2021
One thing is for sure, even though I think Dorion has done a very job rebuilding this team, this season is a huge season for DJ Smith and Pierre Dorion if the team under perform I have no problem with the owner replacing them. At one point this team needs to take the next step show signs of becoming a serious cup contender.

Reactions: BonHoonLayneCornell

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
of waiting for
Well, they fired Mann who had a significant hand in building this team. In fact, if our drafting and prospect scouting wasn't a knock out this rebuild would have been shite

But this is good news, we have been so thin for so many years - Andleaur gonna bolster our hockey ops team which is gonna ramp this thing up a notch

I'm excited to see a POHO hire and am already happy about the Analytics adds to help both management and coaching

How do you not know that Mann is the reason for some bad picks?

I don’t see either Mann finding a job quickly if they were such all stars waiting in the wings.

Sens Vader

Jan 23, 2016
Cool look at the roster breakdown

Blue - Draft (12 Players)
Orange - Trade (Prospect) (2 Players)
Red - Trade (NHL Ready Player) (4 Players)
Green - Free Agent/Waiver Pick Up (9 Players)

Tkachuk Stutzle Giroux
Batherson Norris Tarasenko
Kubalik Pinto Joseph
Kelly Kastelic Mack
Smejkal
Greig Sokolov

Sanderson
Zub
Chabot Chychrun
Brannstrom Hamonic
Kleven JBD

Korpi
Forsberg

Sogaard

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
As they should be.

Feels like you're reading what you want to hear into it rather than allowing the quotes to speak for themselves. That's not to say the quotes say the opposite or anything, just that they don't really endorse what he's done

It is interesting though, right now, the head scout is one of the few pieces to be canned (albeit technically prior to the ownership officially changed). So does that mean the team is unhappy with drafting when we have some pretty key pieces coming from the draft (Stu, Sanderson, Pinto, Greig, Kleven)? Maybe, Thomson, JBD, and Boucher are all struggling to live up to the billing so far.

Andlauer said he's there to hold Dorion accountable, he also talked about the corner we've backed ourselves into wrt the cap and how we'll have to wait and see how that pans out. Well, who would be held accountable for the outcome of our current cap situation?

Reactions: DrEasy

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I don’t see either Mann finding a job quickly if they were such all stars waiting in the wings
If I'm not mistaken, both are still under contract, there's no rush from their perspective, and we'd have to allow other teams to interview them.

I'd also argue the rumours surrounding why Troy was fired might play into any reluctance for a team to rush into hiring them, as opposed to the job either did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad