GM Game #7 by 79AM, RR, and IR4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BillyShoe1721

Terriers
Mar 29, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
Update:

Chris Mason-he has signed, announcement coming.
Nabokov-has interest from 3 teams, but isn't a huge fan of any of the offers. The top offer is 6.3M/year, but would take something around 5 or under if a contender would offer it to him.

NowitzkisBrownNugget

Nov 11, 2007
What do you guys think about what I've done with the :sharks so far?

Patrick Marleau -- Joe Thornton -- Dany Heatley

Ryan Clowe -- Joe Pavelski -- Devin Setoguchi

Manny Malhotra -- Paul Gaustad -- Jamie`Mcginn

XXXXXXX -- Petteri Nokelainen-- Steven Zalewski

Dan Boyle -- Zbynek Michalek

M.E. Vlasic -- Jason Demers

Douglas Murray -- Steve Montador

Dan Ellis
Thomas Greiss

I was thinking about blowing up the core of the team and re-building, but i thought I would tinker instead by adding size and faceoff abillty in Paul Gaustad, an outstanding top-pairing 2-way defenseman in Zbynek Michalek, signing a solid 1a goaltender in Dan Ellis and by keeping my very talented top-6 intact.

The Sharks will still listen to offers for Clowe, Setoguchi, Pavelski, Doug Murray and ME Vlasic but are most likely done for the off-season

BillyShoe1721

Terriers
Mar 29, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
It's a solid team, upgraded from last year on defense, but I don't know if Ellis can hang an take you guys to the cup. He's a 1a goalie, not a starting goalie in my mind.

NowitzkisBrownNugget

Nov 11, 2007
It's a solid team, upgraded from last year on defense, but I don't know if Ellis can hang an take you guys to the cup. He's a 1a goalie, not a starting goalie in my mind.

I'll admit that goaltending may be a problem, but with being hard up against the cap we had to look at affordable options for us without giving up a key piece of our organization. We feel Ellis can take the reigns for a good chunk of the season, but we will keep our eyes open for a 1b goalie.

With that said the :sharks are looking for a 1b goalie, some future assets could be dangled or some of the players mentioned in my previous post.

hi

Sell sell sell
May 23, 2008
:thrashers sign Volchenkov

volchenkov.jpg

Deal is for 8 years - $8M per with a full NMC :)handclap: only in online fantasy games can money be spent so recklessly. Oh and in Madison Square Garden's office building.)

Atlanta's Defense:

Volchenkov - Bogosian
Seidenberg - Enstrom
Oduya - Vishnevskiy

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
Toronto almost done in fa. Looking for 1 or 2 d men, a3/4 and a 5/6. A bottom 6er that wants to stay in the NHL and might have been overlooked, and a #3G

also looking to move grabo or grabo+ for a dman

Last edited:

habsman56

Habs&Hoops
Nov 15, 2008
Dan Hamhuis is having a hard time deciding, currently have several good offers in the range of 4-5 years, 4.5-5M/Year.

Right now there is no real lead offer, just two tops ones, both at 5M/Year for 5 years.

Jarmac

Aug 24, 2006
Olesz, Dvorak and Allen are available cheap from Florida.

Also is anyone willing to be Langkow's agent?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
:canes

Carolina is thrilled to announce the signing Mats Zuccarello Aasen to a three year deal.

We feel MZA is the perfect fit on our first line with Eric Cole and Eric Staal. His performance in the Olympics has convinced us that MZA will thrive in the NHL.

Carolina is looking for an enforcer and one last defenceman to complete our roster. We are open to listening to any trade offers.

As his agent I confirm this signing

IMG_4880.jpg

In other news... the Los Angeles kings have some of the worst looking ice girls in the league

Agreed ,,, In LA they cant find any better selections?

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
:thrashers sign Volchenkov

volchenkov.jpg

Deal is for 8 years - $8M per with a full NMC :)handclap: only in online fantasy games can money be spent so recklessly. Oh and in Madison Square Garden's office building.)

Atlanta's Defense:

Volchenkov - Bogosian
Seidenberg - Enstrom
Oduya - Vishnevskiy
Wow.

$12.5M between Volchenkov and Seidenberg?

Backstrom #19

Trotz for president
May 12, 2007
Savannah Georgia
:cbj

Columbus BlueJackets sign Pavel Kubina

6b29a4bf4cda96c883989d1df6df.jpeg

7 years, 52.5 million(7.5 million per) deal.

"We thought Pavel was the best defenceman available in this years free agency. He'll come in and QB in the powerplay, and he'll also be able to play on a shut-down pairing."

habsman56

Habs&Hoops
Nov 15, 2008
:cbj

Columbus BlueJackets sign Pavel Kubina

6b29a4bf4cda96c883989d1df6df.jpeg

7 years, 52.5 million(7.5 million per) deal.

"We thought Pavel was the best defenceman available in this years free agency. He'll come in and QB in the powerplay, and he'll also be able to play on a shut-down pairing."

:amazed::amazed::amazed:

7.5M PER YEAR?

TLinden

Benning gonnaBenning
Nov 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
:flames

Calgary Flames sign Saku Koivu to a 2 year 6M dollar contract, that will pay him 3M per season. We feel Saku is one of those heart and soul type players who is needed on a team, and for him to have the chance to play on a contending team with his brother Mikko, we hope he finds himself inspired and he has a great season.

Semin-M. Koivu-Iginla
Bourque-S.Koivu-Ponikarovsky

habsman56

Habs&Hoops
Nov 15, 2008
Dan Hamhuis will sign tonight at 11PM EST at the latest, current highest offer is 5M/year for 5 years with a full NTC.

RandallRitchey

Formerly the Bergy Gif guy on Twitter
Jan 26, 2008
St. Louis
www.stlouisgametime.com
Blues Get Goalie From Caps ; Fills Need In Net
Varlamovoldmask.jpg

St. Louis gets Semyon Varlamov and Anton Gustavsson from Caps.

The St. Louis Blues have agreed on a deal that will bring in goaltender Semyon Varlamov and forward Anton Gustavsson from the Washington Capitals in exchange for recent draftee, Mark Pysyk and former first rounder Lars Eller.

"This deal fills a dire need for us." The Blues GM Randall Ritchey told reporters.

"Varly is a great talent and will fill a dire need for a top notch goaltender in net for us. He's a great goaltender and he's shown that thus far in his young career. Getting Gustavsson was a plus in the deal as well. He's a big boy and reminds me a lot of our young Patrik Berglund. He's a good two way player and plays very physical. He's got the ability to put the points on the board as well. He's got a lot of skill and will be a great addition to our organization.

Moving Eller was a tough move, but a must to bring in young Varlamov. We feel he has a lot of skill and will be a good player one day, but had to be moved. Pysyk has potential and will fit nicely with the Caps organization. We wish both Mark and Lars the best of luck in their careers and are pleased to welcome Varly and Anton to the organization.
"

Expect the Blues to move defensemen Eric Brewer and try to bring in a left wing forward and a bottom pairing defensemen soon.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver

Seriously dude that isn't that bad of a trade,Kipper is are number 1 goalie and we feel Neuvrith was just as good as Varlamov,we got a top 10 in Pysk and a great player in Eller you can say whatever you want but I like this trade for my team,and at the end of the day thats all that matters.

:caps

Ovechkin-Backstrom-Knuble
XXX-Laich-Fehr
Eller-Hodgson-Byfugglien
Gordon-Steckal-Bradley

Burns-Alzner
Carlsson-Bieksa
Schultz-XXX

Kipper
Neuvirth

Ad

Upcoming events