GM Game #5 by RR and IR4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
Next Lidstrom? Let's slow down here...

I don't think there are any high end prospects this year. I'd trade down to get the player I like (RNH).

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
:devils UPDATE

We are listening to offers for the 7th overall. We are considering moving up or moving down. To move down, we would need to get an upgrade in our NHL team. Take a look at my roster in the Roster thread before sending an offer.

PM!

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
You also don't pass on the next Sakic. (RNH)

RNH will likely not be in the NHL next year. He isn't as ready as Larsson, Landeskog and Couturier.

Anyway, everyone has their opinion but as far as I'm concerned, Larsson would be my first choice by far. Then, I would go with Landeskog, Couturier and RNH.

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
Matt Stajan is the next Crosby.

Who wants him?

Is that supposed to be a selling point? :sarcasm:

But about the draft, its a toughie. There are 7 guys i like at the top, but i'm still undecided on the gap between them. I feel Larsson/Couturier is the top, then Landeskog, then the 2nd tier. Not an RNH fan... (he'll be good, but i wouldnt put him above the first 3, and maybe not even #4)

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
:devils DEVILS ACQUIRE POMINVILLE

The New Jersey Devils have traded defensemen Bryce Salvador and Matt Taormina, along with Atlanta 2011 first round pick to the Buffalo Sabres for forward Jason Pominville and Chicago 2011 second round pick.

We feel that Jason will be a great fit in our organization. We believe that he will be a solid complement to our first line. Despite the recent injuries, he is a talented two-way player and we like the fact that we got another player who brings leadership. He prove in the past that he was able to score more than 60 points year after year. We strongly believe that he could get another 80 points season next year along with Ilya Kovalchuk and Mikko Koivu. We would also like to wish Bryce and Matt the best of luck in Buffalo.

AlexMaz

May 28, 2009
Toronto
:leafs have plenty to offer! We have two 2nd 2011 and two 2nd 2012. Also all prospects are available and all roster players are available but Kessel.

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
Honestly, I'm having more trouble picking my favorites at 9th Overall then 1st.

I know, it gets very tricky after the first 5-7 picks....

And i have seen RNH play. Not as much as the other top prospects, but a few times. I know the WHL hype machine is pushing their own like usual, but nothing stood out in his game that would make him a better prospect than Couturier, Larsson, and Landeskog (and the way Huberdeau's been progressing, he might pass him too...). He looks like he'll be a nice NHLer (potential Top 6,maybe 1st line. Kinda like Burmistrov) but not an impact NHLer

The Instigator

Tom Wilson - NHL All Star
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2010
I know, it gets very tricky after the first 5-7 picks....

And i have seen RNH play. Not as much as the other top prospects, but a few times. I know the WHL hype machine is pushing their own like usual, but nothing stood out in his game that would make him a better prospect than Couturier, Larsson, and Landeskog (and the way Huberdeau's been progressing, he might pass him too...). He looks like he'll be a nice NHLer (potential Top 6,maybe 1st line. Kinda like Burmistrov) but not an impact NHLer

I live half an hour away from Red Deer and I've seen him play 10+ times. Last game I saw he had 5 points. He's the real deal.

Regina Pat

Keep Kadri
May 16, 2010
The ODR
I live half an hour away from Red Deer and I've seen him play 10+ times. Last game I saw he had 5 points. He's the real deal.

I live in Regina, and have seen Jordan Weal play many, many times, and he had some 102 points last year, and he went in the third round.

Barbadian91

Evgeny Kuznetsov
Aug 4, 2009
Ontario

The New Jersey Devils have traded defensemen Bryce Salvador and Matt Taormina, along with Atlanta 2011 first round pick to the Buffalo Sabres for forward Jason Pominville and Chicago 2011 second round pick.

We feel that Jason will be a great fit in our organization. We believe that he will be a solid complement to our first line. Despite the recent injuries, he is a talented two-way player and we like the fact that we got another player who brings leadership. He prove in the past that he was able to score more than 60 points year after year. We strongly believe that he could get another 80 points season next year along with Ilya Kovalchuk and Mikko Koivu. We would also like to wish Bryce and Matt the best of luck in Buffalo.

:sabres confirm. Two more big deals could be completed by the end of the night. Vanek has been dealt pending NTC.

Tavares2TheRescue

#JreeFroadwayBay
Feb 6, 2010
Champaign, IL/LI, NY

Great trade for New Jersey.

Also:
:bolts Sign the following RFAs:
Steven Stamkos: 8 years $8.69M per
Vladimir Mihalik: 3 years $800K per (two-way)
Kevin Quick: 2 years $750K per (two-way)
Cedrick Desjardins: 3 years $1M per (two-way)
Mike Lundin: 1 year $650K
Matt Smaby: 1 year $700K

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad