GM Game #2 by donut, CTG, and JW

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Joel Ward

Sep 24, 2012
Toronto
:nhl
Second Round Match-ups

Eastern Conference
:habs (5) vs :bolts (6) (Coin flip: Heads, Tails, Tails)
:pens (4) vs :rangers (7) (Coin flip: Heads, Heads, Heads)

Western Conference
:hawks (3) vs :nashville (8) (Coin flip: Tails, Heads, Tails)
:sharks (5) vs :stars (6) (Coin flip: Heads, Heads, Heads)

Send votes to me. 3 coins will be flipped per series to add a random element. Voting will end after 8 votes.

Third Round Match-ups

Eastern Conference
:bolts (2) vs :rangers (2)

Western Conference
:stars (3) vs :nashville (3)

Send votes to me. 3 coins will be flipped per series to add a random element. Voting will end after 8 votes. Lets get this done ASAP!

Joel Ward

Sep 24, 2012
Toronto
:bolts

Vladislav Namestnikov - Steven Stamkos - Nikita Kucherov
Ondrej Palat - Jonathan Drouin - Patrick Sharp
Alex Killorn - Valteri Filppula - Ryan Callahan
Cederic Paquette - Brian Boyle - Brayden Point

Victor Hedman - Anton Stralman
Jason Garrison - Ryan Ellis
Braydon Coburn - Andrej Sustr

Andrei Vasilevskiy
Jonathan Bernier

Scratched: Mike Ribeiro, Slater Koekkoek, J.T. Brown​

Our offense if better, our defense is significantly better and deeper, we have much more playoff experience, and our goaltender just got us by the best goaltender in the world. Should not be a tough decision.

VOTE :bolts OVER :rangers!

Joel Ward

Sep 24, 2012
Toronto
:nhl

Reminder that expansion protection lists are due at 4:00 PM EST today. Team that do not submit lists will have their picks auto'd in the entry draft.

Also, if someone is able to help run the non-live rounds of the draft, please PM me. I will not have time to do it, and donut is busy, so if no one steps up, we may end up doing just one or two rounds.

Last edited:

Dabest

Nov 22, 2015
When you lose to a coin....

Its okay, the fans knew :habs were a better team

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
VOTE :stars!

Jamie Benn - Tyler Seguin - Patrick Eaves
Mattias Janmark - Jason Spezza - Jiri Hudler
Leo Komarov - Tyler Bozak - Jannik Hansen
Brett Ritchie - Radek Faksa- Antoine Roussel
X - Lauri Korpikoski, Devin Shore

Jake Muzzin - John Klingberg
Marco Scandella - Michael Stone
Johnny Oduya - Stephen Johns
X - Jamie Oleksiak

Ben Bishop
Ryan Miller

Vote :stars over :nashville!

Despite them adding a good C in Johnson our forward group is still much better. Their defense has top skill that we cant match but our depth on D is a big strength over them, and finally we have Bishop and they have Rinne to try and carry them to the finals. Vote Stars!

holden57

Feb 3, 2011
VOTE :stars!

Jamie Benn - Tyler Seguin - Patrick Eaves
Mattias Janmark - Jason Spezza - Jiri Hudler
Leo Komarov - Tyler Bozak - Jannik Hansen
Brett Ritchie - Radek Faksa- Antoine Roussel
X - Lauri Korpikoski, Devin Shore

Jake Muzzin - John Klingberg
Marco Scandella - Michael Stone
Johnny Oduya - Stephen Johns
X - Jamie Oleksiak

Ben Bishop
Ryan Miller

VOTE :nashville

Arvidsson - Johansen - Neal
Forsberg - Johnson - Smith
Wilson - Fisher - Aberg
Jarnkrok - Sissons - Salomaki
ex. Watson

Josi - Subban
Ekholm - Russell
Irwin - Weber
ex. Bitetto

Rinne
Mason

While we may not have made as many additions as Dallas, I still feel we are the better team. We are riding career years from players like Rinne, Arvidsson and even Matt Irwin. There are so many different looks our top 9 forward group can have with various players being able to play multiple positions and because of that we feel like we can match up with anyone. Josi, Subban, Ekholm and Russel will all be playing 25+ minutes a night to shut down Dallas' offence too.

Dallas on the other has fresh off missing 6 months with serious knee surgery Mattias Janmark playing on their 2nd line. Their big 3rd line additions are Leo Komarov, who has 7 goals in his last 54 NHL games, and Tyler "soft as baby sh**" Bozak who will get destroyed in the Western Conference especially when he isn't playing with offensive players like JVR, Marner or Kessel as he is accustomed to in Toronto.
On defence Dallas made some underrated additions in Muzzin and Scandella, but I'm sure as hell not scared facing off against Klingberg for 25 minutes a night as he has looked absolutely lost this season. Another good add in Ben Bishop, but Pekka Rinne is actually out playing Bishop statistically in real life this year and that is with Bishop playing for, in my opinion, a team in Tampa that is better than this Stars team.

VOTE :nashville

Last edited:

Joel Ward

Sep 24, 2012
Toronto
Third Round Match-ups

Eastern Conference
:bolts (8) vs :rangers (3) (Coin flip: Tails, Heads, Tails)

Western Conference
:stars (5) vs :nashville (6) (Coin flip: Heads, Heads, Tails)

Stanley Cup Finals Matchup

:bolts (2) vs :nashville (3)

Send votes to me. 3 coins will be flipped per series to add a random element. Voting will end after 8 votes. Lets get this done ASAP!

Joel Ward

Sep 24, 2012
Toronto
:bolts

Vladislav Namestnikov - Steven Stamkos - Nikita Kucherov
Ondrej Palat - Jonathan Drouin - Patrick Sharp
Alex Killorn - Valteri Filppula - Ryan Callahan
Cederic Paquette - Brian Boyle - Brayden Point

Victor Hedman - Anton Stralman
Jason Garrison - Ryan Ellis
Braydon Coburn - Andrej Sustr

Andrei Vasilevskiy
Jonathan Bernier

Scratched: Mike Ribeiro, Slater Koekkoek, J.T. Brown​

We have the two best forwards and the best defensman in the series. Our depth is better and we have MUCH more playoff experience. Vasilevskiy was good enough to get us past Price and Lundqvist - he is good enough to get us past Rinne.

VOTE :bolts FOR THE :stanley:!

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
:nucks

Erik Gudbranson remains available for any teams looking for a younger, RH'ed d-man with size, grit and defensive ability. Would like to move him after expansion draft for a similarly aged/valued forward or for a package of picks/prospects.

Habsfannick

Jul 8, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
When you lose to a coin....

Its okay, the fans knew :habs were a better team

Wut a joke

Can't spell Just Do It without salt

jspop.gif

VanIslander

20 years of All-Time Drafts on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Not much time for teams to get their expansionm draft protection list in.

Joel Ward must be standing by, chomping at the bit. (I know I'm certainly waiting for him to do his job.)

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Not much time for teams to get their expansionm draft protection list in.

Joel Ward must be standing by, chomping at the bit. (I know I'm certainly waiting for him to do his job.)

You could be a bit more appreciative of the fact that JW is running the game / putting these lists together. Instead you're basically demanding it happen exactly when you want it to.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
You could be a bit more appreciative of the fact that JW is running the game / putting these lists together. Instead you're basically demanding it happen exactly when you want it to.
I am WORRIED because I have a time limit of 24 hours to put my team together with no indicated accommodation time for slackers other than JW's commitment to make replacement lists for inactive GMs.

I will be fully appreciative of his efforts! I sit here waiting with 15 minutes until the list deadline and several teams unaccounted for.

How the heck can I meet all the constraints and requirements of the expansion draft without a full set of team lists? I'm just concerned about everything running smoothly.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
:canes

Still looking for a high end centre. Elias Lindholm, Hadyn Fleury, Jake Bean, and other future pieces are all on the block. I can also discuss Justin Faulk.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
The deadline has passed. EIGHT (8) teams have not submitted lists?

:headache: Does the Vegas expansion team GM wait around for four hours for two or three more to come in? Do I come back in a few hours to see JW put in the work to replace lists of those not submitted? Whewwn does my 24 hours start? I can't make any decisions until I see all my options! (given restrictions by position and salary, it's a viper's nest of possibilities!)

EDIT: JW will submit the missing lists ASAP and I'll have 24 hours from then. Great job!

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
:vegas Vegas has submitted ten (10) UFA offers in an aggressive bid to meet the owner's demand: be competitive from Day 1! :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad