Post-Game Talk: GM 7 | Habs def. Canucks - 5-2 (Pettersson, Hoglander)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

J Corso

Sep 22, 2020
Fanny Bay
The most pathetic thing about this game is that the coaching staff just proved they don't know the offside rule.

It wasn't a close call, could have gone either way, we took a gamble thing. No, someone on that staff watched the replay and didn't know the rule. Half the posters here knew it was 100% onside and the coaches didn't. Inexcusable.

For those saying it's no big deal it's just a few games you have to remember that every single game this year someone gains 2 points on you. About 25% of the time, even the loser will get one point. In a normal year, Calgary loses to the Leafs and it's great because nobody gained on you. That will never happen this year. There's something like 300 guaranteed points to be split by the other teams in their games against each other. Every single night the out of town scoreboard kills you.

Math from previous years doesn't apply. It's going to be way harder to make up ground than usual.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I have a feeling if we lose on Monday to Ottawa then Aquaman drops the hammer I feel. This can’t continue for him..#FireBenning is trending on Twitter and all the quotes are being pointed to him.
Bye bye Benning. Who is good though, that will work for Aqua? We don’t want Chia Pet, or craperolla like that. Too bad we didn’t keep Bracket.

Reactions: B-rock and David71

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
Or you know, the natural progression of a young goalie based on his career to date, on top of that.

So you really think it was silly to think Demko might continue to grow as a young player. What he was as of April 2020 is all he'll ever be.

No, it was silly to assume that going from Markstrom/Demko to Holtby/Demko would be anything close to a lateral move. It has very little to do with Demko. Markstrom is a Vezina-calibre goalie, and Holtby, well, he's nowhere close.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
I just think that you're unwilling to acknowledge that there are problems with this team and you aren't doing a very good job of articulating why this team is good.

They looked 'good' in 2020 and Demko should be showing signs of improvement based on a 3 game sample size is about all you've managed to argue, unless I missed something, then I apologize for missing it.
I'm sorry I'm not typing out large paragraphs for you. I have an injury that reduces me to typing with one hand. This post alone took longer than I care to admit.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Or you know, the natural progression of a young goalie based on his career to date, on top of that.

So you really think it was silly to think Demko might continue to grow as a young player. What he was as of April 2020 is all he'll ever be.
Isn’t Demko coming 26? Smart GM trades Demko as sweetener last off season to dump Sutter. Uses money saved to sign Marky, and Tanev. Our GM decided a “shocking reboot” was smarter.

Reactions: B-rock

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
I know it sucks to be shit again after a year where the team reached the second round of the playoffs and was one game away from reaching the conference finals and you’re probably just as choked as everyone else in here, but come on, man...
Thanks for clearing it up....

Dab

Apr 17, 2017
No, it was silly to assume that going from Markstrom/Demko to Holtby/Demko would be anything close to a lateral move. It has very little to do with Demko. Markstrom is a Vezina-calibre goalie, and Holtby, well, he's nowhere close.
most teams don’t get vezina caliber goaltending and don’t let in 5 goals a game. The Canucks have no structure and give the puck up a staggering amount.

Last edited:

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Bye bye Benning. Who is good though, that will work for Aqua? We don’t want Chia Pet, or craperolla like that. Too bad we didn’t keep Bracket.

There's an argument to be made we go back in time and bring back at least one of the duo that turned us into one of the most dominate teams last decade: namely, Gilman, or hell, even Gillis. Hard to say if either would be interested, or if Aquaman could swallow his pride. But at least we know what we'd be getting with them. Frankly, I'd kill to have Gilman back. He'd probably convince Hughes and Pettersson to sign for 7M, team friendly deals.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
You'd be surprised how many people would rather be right than happy. It's a mental illness really.

Do I really need to go into deep detail on why this team can be good? Like it's not obvious at this point? When our good players are good, we're good. Our good players haven't been good consistently yet. I believe they'll get there before long.

Do I need to dwell on the issues we have right now?? I'm not blind. Sitting here posting "Bad turnover by Myers" for the 15th time is kinda unnecessary, no?
I think you should go into detail if you’re basically going to spam the thread complaining about the content of the thread.

The Canucks were a bottom ten team 5 on 5 by a lot of metrics last season . The underlying numbers this year are all similar.

It’s more than there best players aren’t up to speed or whatever you’re trying to pass off this play as.

Low slot is easily accessed. Odd man rushes.

check out the heat maps. It looks like normal old Canucks at 5 on 5 just not getting Vezina level goaltending and top 6 production.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
As much as I did euphorically enjoy the playoffs last year, I am not exactly heartbroken about losing games that we more or less deserve to lose when last year we were pulling them out of a magic hat to create a mirage that saved multiple incompetent people their jobs. Rip the bandaid off.
I can't honestly hope for a loss even if it means Jethro Bodine is looking for employment elsewhere.

Reactions: I am toxic

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Green is coaching a team of players he doesn’t have rather than coaching what he does. What makes it worse is that he is heavily involved in roster decisions and acquisitions so these are guys he thinks can play the way he is coaching.
They were acquired with this “game plan” in mind

Dab

Apr 17, 2017
beer-3178447_5a79d_hd.jpeg
Bravo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad