Value of: Giroux to MIN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Giroux has a NMC. Not sure I see him waiting for the wild but who knows. He may not waive at all.
Probably not many better situations for him. Wild have great wings, with sub par Cs. Whether its between boldy and Fiala or zuccerello and Kaprizov, he would have a chance to make a great offense even better.

Mostly likely linemates would be boldy/Fiala. So he likely would see weak match ups with plenty of offensive support and opportunity.

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
I don't see how a team would part with more than a first for Giroux since he is UFA. Maybe a first and some useless junk just to rid salary. If you have an overpaid player with no upside and is just deadweight, I'm pretty sure Fletcher would take it. Probably Giroux for a first plus the dead weight contracts of Parise and Suter. Or maybe Fletcher only takes a 2nd plus the dead weight contracts. He probably wants to help his former franchise because Fletcher is a nice guy. Then we'll trade you back high draft picks and prospects to take bad contracts from us to get in Cap compliance. I pretty much trust Fletcher to insure the Flyers are a bad franchise for years to come.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Probably not many better situations for him. Wild have great wings, with sub par Cs. Whether its between boldy and Fiala or zuccerello and Kaprizov, he would have a chance to make a great offense even better.

Mostly likely linemates would be boldy/Fiala. So he likely would see weak match ups with plenty of offensive support and opportunity.

Giroux has played LW for the last 3 years

Reactions: TheKingPin

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Giroux has played LW for the last 3 years
I know, and understand that. He would play C with the Wild and surely be better than Freddy Gaudraeu between Fiala and Boldy.

Not expecting him to carry a good scoring line, expecting him to be better than a 4C playing on an already good scoring line.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I don't see how a team would part with more than a first for Giroux since he is UFA. Maybe a first and some useless junk just to rid salary. If you have an overpaid player with no upside and is just deadweight, I'm pretty sure Fletcher would take it. Probably Giroux for a first plus the dead weight contracts of Parise and Suter. Or maybe Fletcher only takes a 2nd plus the dead weight contracts. He probably wants to help his former franchise because Fletcher is a nice guy. Then we'll trade you back high draft picks and prospects to take bad contracts from us to get in Cap compliance. I pretty much trust Fletcher to insure the Flyers are a bad franchise for years to come.

Can’t trade those, but we do have Rask.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA

He can play center and if traded I’m sure he will advertised to play center. But he is more towards a wing that takes face offs on his side. Wherever he plays he will be play driving though.

Nice wings for sure. Maybe go center heavy in this draft and keep the first or even trade up would make more sense.

Reactions: BrindamoursNose

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
id do 1st + marat/orourke/hunt + rask for giroux

should have the cap space to make that work without retention

There’s no way Guerin is giving up a 1st and our 2nd best center prospect for 2 months of Giroux IMO. It’s such an unnecessary gamble to make on a team that needs to rebuild through ELCs over the next 3 seasons.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
There’s no way Guerin is giving up a 1st and our 2nd best center prospect for 2 months of Giroux IMO. It’s such an unnecessary gamble to make on a team that needs to rebuild through ELCs over the next 3 seasons.

marat is pulling a kaprizov in russia, so theres 2 ways to look at that... either way, we wont be seeing him on the big club for at least 2 years.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
marat is pulling a kaprizov in russia, so theres 2 ways to look at that... either way, we wont be seeing him on the big club for at least 2 years.

Regardless of all that, the 1st is valuable and Marat can be valuable in 24-25 when he’s on an ELC in the final year of the dead cap plus the final year of Kaprizov’s contract the following season. Having Rossi and Marat on an ELC could be critical to the competitiveness of that 24-25 team. If this team wants to remain competitive over the next 3 seasons, it’s going to need 1st round picks and prospects to step up on ELCs. Trading away those assets for maybe a 2% higher chance of winning the cup this season just feels shortsighted.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
Regardless of all that, the 1st is valuable and Marat can be valuable in 24-25 when he’s on an ELC in the final year of the dead cap plus the final year of Kaprizov’s contract the following season. Having Rossi and Marat on an ELC could be critical to the competitiveness of that 24-25 team. If this team wants to remain competitive over the next 3 seasons, it’s going to need 1st round picks and prospects to step up on ELCs. Trading away those assets for maybe a 2% higher chance of winning the cup this season just feels shortsighted.

i understand your hesitancy, and it is warranted. However, there is a chance say if we picked up giroux, and traded fiala at the draft, that we could resign giroux. which has value as well.

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019

I'm not convinced you know who Claude Giroux is.....

Reactions: GagneHanson12

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

It is

heisenbergsitti

Aug 23, 2021
Filip Johansson signed an extension to stay in Sweden, Minnesota may lose his rights in June.

If Minnesota doesn't offer him, they will lose him for nothing, not even get a 2nd round pick! Our beat writer reported, Minnesota can still offer home and him say no , or yes. But if Minnesota doesn't offer, they don't get a 2nd round pick

Reactions: Maurice of Orange

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad