Confirmed with Link: Giroux, Bunnaman, Rubtsov, 2024 5th traded to Florida for 2024 1st, 2023 3rd, Owen Tippett

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Best case to me is Tippett is the type of guy who squeaks out a few middle 6-productive box score seasons on a mediocre team. Because he does have physical tools. But probably with little consistency about his production long-term, and probably with less than rosy underlying numbers. If you give a somewhat talented player a consistent top 6-9 role and PP time with good players, logic simply dictates they will produce something. The question if that something is actually a net positive. I'm skeptical -- simply watched too much of him to be wowed by him hitting some posts for the first time. I know Chuck Fletcher gets off to guys ripping pucks.

My crystal ball tells me his future scoring role usage likely could just be replaced by someone more impactful (Brink, Allison, an unknown).......but won't be replaced by someone more impactful. The Flyers will double down and write his usage in stone to self-justify, as they always do. They didn't take him as a buy low gamble; they took a flawed player, who hasn't settled in the NHL, to be part of their young core. Spin it how you want, but the usage he will be gifted is pricey.

Last edited:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
How many people are confident Frost will be a top 6 guy? He has that potential, but that is a high bar for any young player to clear. To me, nothing Tippett does looks easy. His hands aren't very soft. He has no touch on his passes. They are often a tick late and/or in a tough spot for his teammate to handle. Nothing about his passing is natural. That's kind of a non-negotiable for a top 6 player. Yeah he ripped a puck off the post last night, but it was from a relatively poor angle/distance and he didn't even sell the pass for a split second. There was no doubt he was shooting that puck.

I don't think you can say the same about Frost. There have been times this year where he doesn't look sure of himself, no doubt, and he's been inconsistent, but I think given how he has looked at other levels in the past, this is a case of adjusting to the highest level of hockey (on a bad team).

Tippet didn't miss all of last season and has ~40 more NHL games under his belt.

I saw Tippett make two sweet passes his first game as a Flyer, no, he's not going to be Jake, but he can actually shoot the puck, has two posts in three games, if TK did that, you'd call it 'bad luck.' He's got a quick release on his wrist shot, his accuracy is on and off, but you can say the exact same thing about TK.

Right now he's driving the Frost line with his speed and hustle, especially on the forecheck. If Frost can't produce with Lindblom and Tippett as his wings, we have a problem.

I withhold judgment on both Tippett and Frost right now, both have potential, both have struggled, both are unproven.
But teams that need to find talent have to be patient with players like these two.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Best case to me is Tippett is the type of guy who squeaks out a few middle 6-productive box score seasons on a mediocre team. Because he does have physical tools. But probably with little consistency about his production long-term, and probably with less than rosy underlying numbers. If you give a somewhat talented player a consistent top 6-9 role and PP time with good players, logic simply dictates they will produce something. The question if that something is actually a net positive. I'm skeptical -- simply watched too much of him to be wowed by him hitting some posts for the first time. I know Chuck Fletcher gets off to guys ripping pucks.

My crystal ball tells me his future scoring role usage likely could just be replaced by someone more impactful (Brink, Allison, an unknown).......but won't be replaced by someone more impactful. The Flyers will double down and write his usage in stone to self-justify, as they always do. They didn't take him as a buy low gamble; they took a flawed player, who hasn't settled in the NHL, to be part of their young core. Spin it how you want, but the usage he will be gifted is pricey.
It’s nice that Laughton arguments can just be copy pasted.

Saves time.

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
It’s nice that Laughton arguments can just be copy pasted.

Saves time.
laughton wasnt aquired in a trade! More like Ristolainen getting PP Time since it was clear they will re-sign him! Cause now they must show how good the player RLY is and why they pay him 5.x ......!!!

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Zito wins a Cup and Chuck's 1st rounder two years down the road is 32nd overall. You just have to laugh. :laugh:

The funniest part of this to me is all the talk about how you have to pay through the nose for vet Defensemen justifying four major trades here and the guy they could have hired built an entire Cup winning corps out of Ekblad's corpse and odds and ends you could find in a bird's nest.

sauce88

Jul 6, 2011
The funniest part of this to me is all the talk about how you have to pay through the nose for vet Defensemen justifying four major trades here and the guy they could have hired built an entire Cup winning corps out of Ekblad's corpse and odds and ends you could find in a bird's nest.
I feel like this is the one major league still able to be picked apart by a progressive GM just dumpster diving for net positive players because they don't fall within some dino archetype some of these GMs still abide by.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Samoskevich on his ELC, after tearing up the AHL, will be vital for Florida keeping the window open.

Deadhead had that thing earmarked for a lottery pick a few years ago.

Few years ago? This was from right before this season:

“80-85 points, pick 10th and 16th as Florida just misses the playoffs."

Prescient.

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
I can’t wait to hear what Chuckles thinks……this Friday on Sportsnet.
Sneak peak

f43b2ae6-eb89-44ab-a4f3-6bc757ca533f.gif

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Chuck Fletcher, Joe Sakic, and Bill Zito.

They’re all the same.
Harry Dalton of the Brewers tried to talk Zito into being a baseball scout for them years ago after he failed as a baseball player. Zito had been a bat boy for Milwaukee at one time. Zito liked hockey more than baseball. Good career choice.

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
Tippett, Barkey AND the last pick in the 1st rd this year.

Can't wait to hear Chuck talk this up in a few days.
Oh please, let's not have ChucklesTheSadClown on the the Sportsnet broadcast of the draft again.

Reactions: Tripod

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Roenick getting in the HoF is good news for Giroux's eventual chances. They should have similar point totals if G plays another 2-3 seasons at a high level.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Roenick getting in the HoF is good news for Giroux's eventual chances. They should have similar point totals if G plays another 2-3 seasons at a high level.
Giroux should already be a lock... only reason he is not is the crazy low scoring era across his prime. Vs 5 guys from the era before who all got in.

Hart voting:
Giroux: 3, 4, 4
Sundin: 8
Modano: 7, 7, 10
Roenick: 5, 10
Turgeon: 5
Nieuwendyk: N/A

Point finishes:
Giroux: 2, 3, 3, 10
Sundin: 4, 7
Modano: 8, 9, 10
Roenick: 5, 7