OT: General Video Game Discussion VII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy Mays Here*

QuickyBaby (biggest World of Tanks live streamer) doing a 12 hour livestream tomorrow to help raise money for a few charities such as cancer research and Special Effect. Last year the stream raised over $22,000.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Had one of my best games of Halo SWAT ever last night.

The clip kind of speaks for itself, but to explain a bit it is headshots only, first team to 60 kills. Scores are in the bottom right. At one point my team was down by ~15 or so. We came back. And I sealed the deal.

Link to probably my finest Halo moment.

We are down 59-54, I get one kill to make it 59/55. I keep going, another player gets it to 59/56. Then I get a double kill to make it 59/58, another player gets it to 59/59 and I get the final kill to finish my killing spree (five kills in a row without dying) + finishing the triple kill/game by a one kill margin. Just fantastic.

Wild11MN

First round losers
Sponsor
May 28, 2013
MN
Nice! Was that the Halo 5 beta? I thought it wasn't out for a few days?

Edit: Looks like there's some sort of preview program? And you need an invite to get in? Lucky, how'd you get one?

Last edited:

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Nice! Was that the Halo 5 beta? I thought it wasn't out for a few days?

Edit: Looks like there's some sort of preview program? And you need an invite to get in? Lucky, how'd you get one?

Nah that is in Halo 2: Anniversary in the SWAT playlist.

But the Halo 5 beta ran for a limited time from friday to tonight (sunday) for dashboard preview people only. The preview itself is designed to allow people to beta test dashboard updates ~one month before they come out, giving Microsoft feedback on what works and what doesn't before the updates go public for everybody else.

The preview is a program you have to be invited to by somebody already in the program. It's free but it takes a few days for you to get accepted. I am not part of the program - there are some issues with the update occasionally not allowing people to play with those outside of the program. Or having limited features with some apps/kinect functionality.

The Halo 5 beta goes public on December 29th and runs for three weeks. You get access to it through the Master Chief Collection. Should be pretty fun.

Wild11MN

First round losers
Sponsor
May 28, 2013
MN
Nah that is in Halo 2: Anniversary in the SWAT playlist.

But the Halo 5 beta ran for a limited time from friday to tonight (sunday) for dashboard preview people only. The preview itself is designed to allow people to beta test dashboard updates ~one month before they come out, giving Microsoft feedback on what works and what doesn't before the updates go public for everybody else.

The preview is a program you have to be invited to by somebody already in the program. It's free but it takes a few days for you to get accepted. I am not part of the program - there are some issues with the update occasionally not allowing people to play with those outside of the program. Or having limited features with some apps/kinect functionality.

The Halo 5 beta goes public on December 29th and runs for three weeks. You get access to it through the Master Chief Collection. Should be pretty fun.

Ah, alright. I'm a big Halo fan and have MCC, but I've hardly had any time to play multiplayer, and I hadn't seen the HUD before in the remastered Halo 2 maps, so I thought that must have been 5. (also, Halo 2 is the only Halo I've hardly played believe it or not, so I didn't recognize the map)

Thanks for the info on the preview program, though. Didn't know how that worked.

Billy Mays Here*

At last my clan wars reward tank has arrived, and it's pretty darn fun to play. Hilariously troll armor.

QnoAh4f.jpg

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
I wanted to get on today to unlock the stocking mask for GTA Online, that you can only get if you log in on Christmas Day...

...So I could then proceed to not play GTA Online again because I still have better games to play on PC.
photo.jpg

But then yeah, Xbox Live is down. I'm starting to get really annoyed by these so called "hackers". Even though all they seem to do is just horribly DDOS **** and not really hack into... well anything.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
My XBL was down at about 4:00 today when I tried to get on, but it came back at 4:30 and has been fine ever since.

edit: and now it's off :/

Last edited:

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I wanted to get on today to unlock the stocking mask for GTA Online, that you can only get if you log in on Christmas Day...

...So I could then proceed to not play GTA Online again because I still have better games to play on PC.
photo.jpg

But then yeah, Xbox Live is down. I'm starting to get really annoyed by these so called "hackers". Even though all they seem to do is just horribly DDOS **** and not really hack into... well anything.

The media really needs to use the correct term for those brats.

The correct term, by the way, is "script kiddies".

A hacker actually tears apart something to exploit something or see how it works.

All a script kiddie does is run a program written by someone else to piss someone off, which is exactly what all but a handful of members in those kinds of "hacker" groups do.

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
The media really needs to use the correct term for those brats.

The correct term, by the way, is "script kiddies".

A hacker actually tears apart something to exploit something or see how it works.

All a script kiddie does is run a program written by someone else to piss someone off, which is exactly what all but a handful of members in those kinds of "hacker" groups do.

They do it for attention since they lack that attention from their parents. People talk about it and it even trends on twitter. It gives them that rush that someone is noticing them on a grand scale. They are narcissistic sociopaths who will seek to do harm to anyone who "crosses them".

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
So yeah, the Adept class is a lot of fun.

So is going with Renegade alignment.

[spoil]Playing to max XP out takes a while. Decided "screw it, lets get to 60 and see what they can do for me in Mass Effect 2", so I ended up killing EVERYTHING on foot in most Mako missions...including the first part of Virmire.

Was just driving around and parking the mako to get out and shoot stuff before hopping back in it...then I crashed a few moments after I quick saved after killing people. Reloaded and I'm standing there and....no mako at all.

Said screw it and did the rest of that section on foot. Was rolling with Wrex and Ashley at that point...should have went Ashley and Garrus for better long range attacks. The Spectre X assault rifle is amazingly accurate at long range. So glad I took Assault Rifles as my bonus skill for my adept.

Love that part near the end where that negotiator wants a stimulant to help him with negotiations. I got him a depressant instead and taunted him. He called me "alien loving scum", which is rather funny and literal cause my character is once again romancing Liara.

Time for Mass Effect 2, and because I'm a level 60, have already beaten Mass Effect 2 once, and I had the "rich" achievement in ME1, I start out at level 5 with an ass ton of money and resources. Also my character's hair looks like its lost a lot of color, giving my adept an aged look to her. Kind of looks badass on her. I'm interested to see what my face ends up looking like if I go hardcore renegade and don't use that medbay upgrade to fix my face. My paragon shep had a pristine face only a few missions in from being so paragon. If it's awesome I'm gonna let my scars keep going. If not, it's off to the medbay because I want to look badass, not gruesome.

Dis gun b gud.

Planning on taking Sniper Rifles as my advanced weapon training once I get to the collector ship, which I'm going to do as early as possible, since a couple of the SMG's are equivalent in damage to full assault rifles.

Also gonna get the Kasumi DLC cause I want to meet this thief lady and see what she can do.[/spoil]

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I like this Kasumi girl.

[spoil]Very disappointed in how nerfed the adept is in ME2. Everything auto-aims, so I can't aim a singularity off to the side of something to forcibly drag people out of cover at long range. Throw just doesn't have the same kick to it, altho pull+throw is almost as decent as lift+throw was.

At least warp is still useful.

Also Zaeed is a lot more fun as a squad mate when you're playing cut-throat like he is. Paragon Shep had to charm the hell out of him to calm down after we missed our chance to kill Vido during his loyalty mission cause we were saving the refinery workers. Damn was he pissed off. Renegade Shep just said **** it, let's kill that ******* and let the refinery burn. He seemed rather grateful and agreeable. I also enjoyed the way he killed Vido. Yipikayee, Mother****er.

Also my eyes are starting to glow a little red. What the ****? Gonna see how far this goes before I get to Illium. I don't wanna freak Liara the **** out.

Or maybe I do. I don't know.

Annoyed that virtually all of the "**** Cerberus" options in conversations come with paragon points attached to them. My character is pissed off at everyone, especially Cerberus for that sick **** I caught them doing in ME1 sidequests. My Renegade : Paragon ratio is only 2:1 at this point.

Kasumi's loyalty mission was fun. But Femshep just looks weird in a dress.

At least now I have a good SMG to use until I get to the collector ship and train sniper rifles. And I'm going to make sure I recruit Thane before I get there because I get the sniper rifle I want during that mission. The one that's accurate enough and has enough ammo to be used as a general purpose rifle, not just for sniping. I forget what it's called.

Tempted to do the Overlord DLC right now (hooray wasting xmas money on DLC) because it's available, but I'm gonna wait on that until I'm higher in level and it's one of the last missions left before I get the Reaper IFF. Wish I could tell them to delay installing that thing so I could get the reaper IFF and then take Legion around and do more stuff with him, but noooooo, crew gotta get kidnapped right after I get him meaning I gotta go do the suicide mission right away or everyone but the Doc gets turned into liquid.

Man, the designers really put some serious downer **** in these games in places.[/spoil]

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Steam sale has been decent to me thus far. Bought South Park: Stick of Truth, Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit, and Max Payne 3. I was really only looking forward to buying South Park but the other two as impulse buys are pretty good as well.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Weeeee got my Sniper Rifle.

[spoil]Trying to make up my mind if I want to trade in Samara for Morinth when I do Samara's loyalty mission. The thing is both of them have the same basic skills, and those basic skills kinda suck. The thing intriguing about Morinth is the Dominate skill I'd get from her being loyal. Hacking for Organics? That sounds cool.

And I have the full Terminator Eyes thing going on at this point. Surprised Kelly is still hitting on me.

So I'm past the Collector Ship, got my Sniper Rifle all trained up...I had not realized just how much easier time dilation on an infiltrator makes sniping. But at the same time, this viper is good for tearing the **** through something rapid fire in a hurry. 12 rounds in a clip? It's like I'm firing a Sniper Machine Gun.

Not as good as the Widow Anti-Material rifle tho. But then again it doesn't have to be.

Mining sucks. That is all I have to say about that.[/spoil]

Wild11MN

First round losers
Sponsor
May 28, 2013
MN
Gotta say, Sunset Overdrive is just a blast. Played for about 4 hours straight yesterday, and I can't remember the last time I did that for any video game.

Half the fun for me is just moving around by grinding, bouncing, mid-air boosting, wall-running, gliding on water, etc., and sometimes I find myself just looking for some method of traversal that would be fun, and I end up going in the opposite direction of my objective. Very happy with the game.

Also played the Halo 5 beta. It's different, but still feels like Halo. Think it will definitely be more loved than 4, though that shouldn't be too difficult.

Otherwise, I'm about to start AC Unity and soon after Forza H2. Hope those are good as well.

Billy Mays Here*

God I feel like such a nerd. I have a sudden urge to want to play Pokemon again. I remember, I think it was my junior year of high school suddenly Pokemon made a comeback and nearly every guy was playing it. Funny how some stuff you enjoyed as a child comes back and seems fun again many years later.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Weeeee got my Sniper Rifle.

[spoil]Trying to make up my mind if I want to trade in Samara for Morinth when I do Samara's loyalty mission. The thing is both of them have the same basic skills, and those basic skills kinda suck. The thing intriguing about Morinth is the Dominate skill I'd get from her being loyal. Hacking for Organics? That sounds cool.

And I have the full Terminator Eyes thing going on at this point. Surprised Kelly is still hitting on me.

So I'm past the Collector Ship, got my Sniper Rifle all trained up...I had not realized just how much easier time dilation on an infiltrator makes sniping. But at the same time, this viper is good for tearing the **** through something rapid fire in a hurry. 12 rounds in a clip? It's like I'm firing a Sniper Machine Gun.

Not as good as the Widow Anti-Material rifle tho. But then again it doesn't have to be.

Mining sucks. That is all I have to say about that.[/spoil]

[spoil]Do not trade Samara for Morinth. The payoff/benefit isn't worth it. Samara is great for the Collector Base and is way more involved in Mass Effect 3. If you want to see how much presence Morinth has, look it up on YouTube. JMO.[/spoil]

Vashanesh

Nope.
Jan 29, 2010
Minnesota
God I feel like such a nerd. I have a sudden urge to want to play Pokemon again. I remember, I think it was my junior year of high school suddenly Pokemon made a comeback and nearly every guy was playing it. Funny how some stuff you enjoyed as a child comes back and seems fun again many years later.

Good news! Or bad news, depending on your perspective. Pokemon games haven't changed, basically at all, since Red/Blue.

It's kind of sad, for me. I want to enjoy them, because I love JRPGs, but they are essentially exactly the same.

Wild11MN

First round losers
Sponsor
May 28, 2013
MN
Good news! Or bad news, depending on your perspective. Pokemon games haven't changed, basically at all, since Red/Blue.

It's kind of sad, for me. I want to enjoy them, because I love JRPGs, but they are essentially exactly the same.

I still enjoy them. I've actually played them all (or at least one of them each gen). They're still enjoyable, but you're right. They're pretty much the same thing. I think the 3DS games are pretty cool with the updated graphics and all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad