OT: General UFC/MMA/Boxing - Round XII

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
McGregor should retire now, lost last 3 out of 4...His shtick is getting old.
If he can recover properly he's still more than enough of a draw for another big money loss or two against high level opponents. He could absolutely do another boxing match for massive money too if he really wanted.

As long as he's a draw and as long as he's healthy Dana will keep throwing him top competition. They probably give him an easy match up for his comeback fight and then if he wins that they'll start talking about him fighting for the belt again because it's not based on results it's based on draw

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
image0.png

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
The moment he became champion, he became an annoying twat. And then it got worse and worse with the Mayweather fight, him throwing the dolly at the bus, punching an old man, the rape allegations, etc. Just an all around piece of shit. Then Khabib broke him. He absolutely broke him.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
If he can recover properly he's still more than enough of a draw for another big money loss or two against high level opponents. He could absolutely do another boxing match for massive money too if he really wanted.

As long as he's a draw and as long as he's healthy Dana will keep throwing him top competition. They probably give him an easy match up for his comeback fight and then if he wins that they'll start talking about him fighting for the belt again because it's not based on results it's based on draw
Not sure about this..He lost the last 3/4 fights...nobody cares about a big trash talker if he loses. Maybe he has one more fight to redeem himself...

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Conor may actually beat the 2021 version of Tony Ferguson fairly easy. The dude has taken more shots to the chin over the years than freaking Jenna Jameson and Gaethje completely broke him physically. He's 37 but he might as well be 47.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Not sure about this..He lost the last 3/4 fights...nobody cares about a big trash talker if he loses. Maybe he has one more fight to redeem himself...

Broken leg aside, he'd beat 95% of the division. He didn't lose to nobodies.

At this point though, he was ranked top 5 before the fight and he won't move up after this. He needs to set his sights lower. He seems to have build a rivalry with Dos Anjos who is ranked 7th. Ferguson is 6th. Makhachev is like 9th and easily link to Khabib camp. Chandler, Gaethje and others would fight him too. There's options but if he keeps trying to go up against the best he may fall short.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Broken leg aside, he'd beat 95% of the division. He didn't lose to nobodies.

At this point though, he was ranked top 5 before the fight and he won't move up after this. He needs to set his sights lower. He seems to have build a rivalry with Dos Anjos who is ranked 7th. Ferguson is 6th. Makhachev is like 9th and easily link to Khabib camp. Chandler, Gaethje and others would fight him too. There's options but if he keeps trying to go up against the best he may fall short.

Hopefully next time he gets his brains scrambled and jaw smashed so we don't have to hear from this piece of excrement again.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Hopefully next time he gets his brains scrambled and jaw smashed so we don't have to hear from this piece of excrement again.

Unlikely although the level of sensitivity is weird.

Conor is obviously a dick and when it comes to his mean words who cares? These guys literally punch each other and try to knock the other person out for a living. Words seem so miniscule in big scheme of things.

Poirier beat him twice, once by KO and another by a fluke injury that can certainly be considered karma. Who cares about words?

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Unlikely although the level of sensitivity is weird.

Conor is obviously a dick and when it comes to his mean words who cares? These guys literally punch each other and try to knock the other person out for a living. Words seem so miniscule in big scheme of things.

Poirier beat him twice, once by KO and another by a fluke injury that can certainly be considered karma. Who cares about words?

His words are outside the arena of "sports"

Connor is a bad human and isn't deserving of the gift of life itself. I hope he realizes that he is a deplorable piece of trash and attempts to make amends, if not.......I truly hope he gets badly beaten in his next fight and is forced to retire.

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013
His words are outside the arena of "sports"

Connor is a bad human and isn't deserving of the gift of life itself. I hope he realizes that he is a deplorable piece of trash and attempts to make amends, if not.......I truly hope he gets badly beaten in his next fight and is forced to retire.

conor is really lucky to me that he broke his foot last fight, Poirier looked like he was going to KO him bad.

We all know Conor though, when he knows he's going to lose, he'll go for the submission lol

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Connor is a piece of shit, but he’s still a draw for now even if he can’t win anymore. Even the cowboy fight seemed suspicious like Donald was asked to take a dive lol. Cowboy is all about the money, nothing would surprise me with Dana.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Now that we've got a decent sample to look at, I think it's fair to say that a good amateur boxer will beat a good pro MMA fighter at a boxing match more often than not ( and the other way around obviously). They are just two completely different sports.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Now that we've got a decent sample to look at, I think it's fair to say that a good amateur boxer will beat a good pro MMA fighter at a boxing match more often than not ( and the other way around obviously). They are just two completely different sports.
Maybe..although it would be good to see this expirement when MMA fighters are pretty much done.
Askren..Woodley...they were done.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Maybe..although it would be good to see this expirement when MMA fighters are pretty much done.
Askren..Woodley...they were done.
You could argue neither are particularly good strikers so I guess it might not be the definitive exemple. I mean, Woodley has one punch knockout power but that doesn't really translate in a boxing ring . The MMA guys would rarely look all that good fighting K-1 guys under kickboxing rules back in the day either (and vice-versa). I remember Jerome Le Banner knocking the crap out of Don Fry one time.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
You could argue neither are particularly good strikers so I guess it might not be the definitive exemple. I mean, Woodley has one punch knockout power but that doesn't really translate in a boxing ring . The MMA guys would rarely look all that good fighting K-1 guys under kickboxing rules back in the day either (and vice-versa). I remember Jerome Le Banner knocking the crap out of Don Fry one time.
Definitely. A real test would be seeing how someone matches versus a Ngannou type, in his prime, with top KO power.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad