OT: General UFC/MMA/Boxing - Round XII

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Nah, Ferguson took the beating of his life, at that age you can't comeback from it and since then he looks afraid. Ferguson was always wild and half of the fights ended winning, he was losing them, I know. Trust me, he's not the same since Justin.

I agree.

The Gaethje fight ruined Ferguson. Still a good fighter but he’s not top-5 in the division anymore, I don’t see that changing.

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
Neither do I. Just saying Olivieira is a special grappler. Would've loved to see him and Khabib grapple.

Khabib would have killed him, Oliveira was not able to control Chandler when he had his back... Dustin will take care of him.

Maybe Oliveira will meet Islam one day, that's the closest to "Khabib-Oliveira" we will ever get.

McGuires Corndog

Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Khabib would have killed him, Oliveira was not able to control Chandler when he had his back... Dustin will take care of him.

Maybe Oliveira will meet Islam one day, that's the closest to "Khabib-Oliveira" we will ever get.

I think so too. I think Khabib would’ve been too strong on the ground for Charles to get away from him.

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
GSP has cardio for years while Conor McFades has enough for a 10s sprint.

GSP was a huge WW, Conor is not even able to win two fights in a row against two good fighters at 155...
1611754789-cajuned.png

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
Guy is a sham.

He will come back in 6 months, probably have to fight Chandler and he’s gonna get KO’d into oblivion.

I think so too. If he's smart (he is in a certain way for making so much money), he should heal, recover and come back for last trilogy fight with Nate Diaz. Cause he knows he can knock Diaz down. Win it. Then leave. Because guys like Chandler, Dustin, Gaethje and Oliveria are all gonna be there in that division waiting to knock him out. He can keep up with these guys anymore.

Reactions: McGuires Corndog

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 60M/yr scam artist, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
Because he lost to Porier?

I mean, everyone lost to Khabib, they didn't retire.

McGregor is still a huge draw. He just lost to the better fighter. If he wants to keep competing in UFC there's a market for it, he's still under contract.

If it's a question of fighting for the belt or fighting his way up...that's up to him. McGregor would probably starch most UFC lightweights.

It's a serious injury though, he probably won't be back in fighting shape for at least a year and he's 33. A lot can happen until then. Maybe he'll want another shot at Poirier but I don't see why he'd want anything to do with McGregor at this point, he has nothing left to prove against him.

Like you've said, he could come back in the UFC. It really depends on what he wants at this point in his life/career. What would he look like though, especially after this kind of injury and considering he's already on the decline... We'll see. On the other hand, if he wants one more shot at big time money, like a stupid amount of money, a gimmick boxing match vs one of the Paul brothers would be the way to go for him imo. I have a feeling he'll go that way but of course I could be wrong.

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013
I agree.

The Gaethje fight ruined Ferguson. Still a good fighter but he’s not top-5 in the division anymore, I don’t see that changing.

Meh I thought Ferguson looked pretty avg against Cowboy to the point I thought maybe Cowboy is better than I thought he was.
Then he got ruined by Conor.

I love tony but donnt forget, he was taking damage against Kevin Lee at one point

McGuires Corndog

Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
All this talk about a 4th fight is just ridiculous at this point.

Conor needs to rehab and come back and fight some actual ranked fighters (and win) before he deserves another shot at Poirier.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
All this talk about a 4th fight is just ridiculous at this point.

Conor needs to rehab and come back and fight some actual ranked fighters (and win) before he deserves another shot at Poirier.
I'm sure DP has little to no interest in doing it again as of now . He has spent enough time on this and he's going to want to focus on the belt now going forward. Conor will always be in the mix thanks to his name-value and fanbase but even he would probably admit off the record that he needs to win a fight or two to rebuild his form. Let him take on Gaethje, Chandler or Ferguson , show he can beat top guys again. If he can't, then he can go spend his whisky money somewhere and live the Ric Flair lifestyle, for good this time.

McGuires Corndog

Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
I'm sure DP has little to no interest in doing it again as of now . He has spent enough time on this and he's going to want to focus on the belt now going forward. Conor will always be in the mix thanks to his name-value and fanbase but even he would probably admit off the record that he needs to win a fight or two to rebuild his form. Let him take on Gaethje, Chandler or Ferguson , show he can beat top guys again. If he can't, then he can go spend his whisky money somewhere and live the Ric Flair lifestyle, for good this time.

A fight with Ferguson would be good, both have some losing streaks to avenge.

I think Gaethje vs Chandler is the other obvious fight to make right now.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON

Plus Ferguson never got his match, even though that was a lifetime ago. There's an easy angle there for the promos and buildup. ''You've been ducking me for years sucka'' type of thing, Rocky III style.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal

Poirier said it’s not over and he’d fight him again. I think because Conor will need rehab he will go straight to title fight though.

McGregor should fight someone else in the mean time. Rebuild his brand a bit.

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014
Connor needs to start at the bottom again to try and regain some confidence. Putting him in there with top 5 guys just gets him slaughtered imo.

Reactions: canucklover123

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal

Agreed, been much too long since a Gaethje fight, that guy can rumble man
in fact, Poirier vs Gaethje 1 was AMAZING, if Poirier ends up taking the title from Oliveira and Gaethje either beats chandler or gets poirier right away, Gaethje - Poirier 2 could be electric too

hell, all the fights at lightweight right now are MUST see lol, its the gem division right now

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Poirier said it’s not over and he’d fight him again. I think because Conor will need rehab he will go straight to title fight though.

McGregor should fight someone else in the mean time. Rebuild his brand a bit.

Everyones shouting for McGregor vs Diaz 3 right now lol
I feel like Connor feels that sort of fight is beneath him now, but you just never know lol, he could do it because maybe Diaz could be an easy win.. until you get to 1 minute left in round 5 lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad