OT: General UFC/MMA/Boxing - Round XII

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Dustin futur champ, Oliveira is overrated, he won't keep that belt.
1624903146-picsart-06-28-07-57-22.png

Poirier is just soooo well rounded.

Oliveira is a very good fighter, but Poirier isn’t Chandler. Chandler is extremely strong but his chin isn’t, Poirier can go 5 rounds and I don’t think Oliveira will be able to take the beating unless he manages to submit him.

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
McGregor should fight someone else and Poirier should go for the title.

If they meet again so be it but a fourth fight would be forced. I mean, it wasn’t over per say but it looked conclusive enough.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Poirier is just soooo well rounded.

Oliveira is a very good fighter, but Poirier isn’t Chandler. Chandler is extremely strong but his chin isn’t, Poirier can go 5 rounds and I don’t think Oliveira will be able to take the beating unless he manages to submit him.

Which he can(submit him). He’s a ridiculous grappler. He made Ferguson look bad.

Reactions: canucklover123

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
McGregor lost this fight. Just shut up and retire. What a sore loser.

Dustin was amazing and was gonna kill him in round 2. A true champ and a true fighter. Conor literally just got bad karma back into his face. He's the one leaving on a stretcher. He didn't need to "sell" the fight to that personal level.

Conor likely sustained a stress fracture with his kicks and just snapped it once he puts weight and rotation onto it. This is not an accident, it's from defending and from the fight. McGregor is done. Come back in 6-8 months and to be knock out by Chandler or Dustin himself.

Reactions: TRG

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
McGregor lost this fight. Just shut up and retire. What a sore loser.

I don't see why losing to the 1/2 best in the division means he should shut and retire.

I'll never get that. He doesn't need to retire just because he isn't the best.

Poirier is the man, he's no slouch. Shit happens. If McGregor wants to fight again its his choice.

He can't demand much though. It's just talk.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Yeah pretty much lol, or Jake. He's done in the UFC.

Because he lost to Porier?

I mean, everyone lost to Khabib, they didn't retire.

McGregor is still a huge draw. He just lost to the better fighter. If he wants to keep competing in UFC there's a market for it, he's still under contract.

If it's a question of fighting for the belt or fighting his way up...that's up to him. McGregor would probably starch most UFC lightweights.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
That was not the real Ferguson, Justin ate his soul.
1624903146-picsart-06-28-07-57-22.png

It was the real Ferguson. Lets not forget Kevin Lee almost beat Ferguson until he got caught in a triangle.

It happens. In the Justin and Ferguson fight Tony almost KO'd him in round 1. Great uppercut sent Justin down. Credit to Justin who regrouped and had been in absolute wars, he was ready to bring it.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
I don't see why losing to the 1/2 best in the division means he should shut and retire.

I'll never get that. He doesn't need to retire just because he isn't the best.

Poirier is the man, he's no slouch. Shit happens. If McGregor wants to fight again its his choice.

He can't demand much though. It's just talk.

He should up after losing the fight against Poirier. Sitting on his ass there with a broken leg and still think he deserves a 4th fight, insulting Poirier and his family again while he lost and has a broken tibfib. So yeah, he should shut up.

As for retiring, he should pick one last fight with Nate Diaz and leave because he is no longer fighting level for the belt. Especially with Dustin in the division, Conor will never get the belt. That's all. I don't care if he retires or not, but he should shut his mouth after a loss. Sore loser. Insulting Dustin and his wife is beyond for me. It's immoral.

Reactions: TRG

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
He should up after losing the fight against Poirier. Sitting on his ass there with a broken leg and still think he deserves a 4th fight, insulting Poirier and his family again while he lost and has a broken tibfib. So yeah, he should shut up.

As for retiring, he should pick one last fight with Nate Diaz and leave because he is no longer fighting level for the belt. Especially with Dustin in the division, Conor will never get the belt. That's all. I don't care if he retires or not, but he should shut his mouth after a loss. Sore loser. Insulting Dustin and his wife is beyond for me. It's immoral.

Hard to know what was said prior to his interview but Dustin was already telling him off. Dustin even did his strut to him as he was injured.

Maybe it pissed McGregor off but like Dustin said, you talk shit so this is what happens.

My comment was more related to the retirement aspect. He can fight if he wants.

Reactions: Jabba11

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
It was the real Ferguson. Lets not forget Kevin Lee almost beat Ferguson until he got caught in a triangle.

It happens. In the Justin and Ferguson fight Tony almost KO'd him in round 1. Great uppercut sent Justin down. Credit to Justin who regrouped and had been in absolute wars, he was ready to bring it.

Nah, Ferguson took the beating of his life, at that age you can't comeback from it and since then he looks afraid. Ferguson was always wild and half of the fights ended winning, he was losing them, I know. Trust me, he's not the same since Justin.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Conor just isn't the scary hype train anymore. Back in the day the momentum was historic, legendary. He destroyed Aldo, made Alvarez look bad, etc...

When you're running through people and talking shit your words matter. How can Dustin give a crap about what McGregor says? It's just words that don't instill fear.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Neither do I. Just saying Olivieira is a special grappler. Would've loved to see him and Khabib grapple.

I would love to see a Oliveira vs Khabib fight, because he’s probably the only guy that has the technical ability to counter Khabib on the ground and maybe get him in a position to submit him.

I know he’s retired, but I could see another fight vs the winner of Oliveira vs Poirier. Maybe not, Khabib is a pretty modest and true to his word guy.. but I just want to see it. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad