OT: General OT MEGATHREAD (No Politics) Pt. 3 - Read OP before posting

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
80% of my company is on PTO today and every meeting I had has been canceled. And my youngest kid’s daycare is open so he’s been pawned off. Today is great.

Not to brag, but, my company shuts down the entire week of the 4th of July.

Then does it again the entire week between Xmas and NYE. They simply shut everything down two weeks of the year, plus the regular PTO we all get. I think they understand that those weeks are garbage for productivity anyway :huh:

So yeah, kinda bragging, sorry not sorry :D

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

LesDiablesRouges

Feb 9, 2019
What’s everyone’s drink of choice tonight? Thinking about going tequila and lime. A cold beer sounds sensational too. Maybe a few of both? Will regret it tomorrow, haha!

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
What’s everyone’s drink of choice tonight? Thinking about going tequila and lime. A cold beer sounds sensational too. Maybe a few of both? Will regret it tomorrow, haha!

I primed and bottled a buckwheat and Florida wildflower braggot (kind of a beer/mead hybrid) about a month ago and I’m going to crack one open tonight. Lightly hopped with centennial hops. Should be good!

Reactions: LesDiablesRouges

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Just got back in from some errands. Did have a fun 15 minute conversation with a guy with a ferrari getting gas next to me. He was into the GT500. Something vodka related coming up soon.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Trader Joe’s sells this Jalapeño Limeade juice that is amazing and goes perfectly with any of tequila, mezcal, vodka, or bourbon. I’ve been going with mezcal and it’s been awesome, certainly the drink of the summer for me so far.

• Wow
Reactions: Devil Dancer

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
More news regarding the Florida insurance discussion.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
This morning I was driving my 11 year old to camp and me to work. We stop to get gas. We used to do this thing where when the gas was pumping Id pop up right outside her car window and she would look over and get startled. Then Id duck down below her sightline, move to a different window and pop up to scare her again.

Today I pop up outside her car window and she gives me the tween "i hate you" death stare. So I pop back down out of sight and try to crawl around the car to a different window ... and as i attempted to squeeze underneath the gas hose in my gas tank still pumping gas ... I knocked the gas hose out of the tank and get a complete head to toe gas shower. Like drenched down to my boxers and socks.

I get in the car.

"We have to go back home", me

'I know", her.

C'est la vie

Jags

Mildly Disturbed
May 5, 2016
Central Florida
This morning I was driving my 11 year old to camp and me to work. We stop to get gas. We used to do this thing where when the gas was pumping Id pop up right outside her car window and she would look over and get startled. Then Id duck down below her sightline, move to a different window and pop up to scare her again.

Today I pop up outside her car window and she gives me the tween "i hate you" death stare. So I pop back down out of sight and try to crawl around the car to a different window ... and as i attempted to squeeze underneath the gas hose in my gas tank still pumping gas ... I knocked the gas hose out of the tank and get a complete head to toe gas shower. Like drenched down to my boxers and socks.

I get in the car.

"We have to go back home", me

'I know", her.

C'est la vie

Hey, at least you know she loves you. Given that all kids become hateful teenagers for a time, she could have taken that opportunity to set you on fire.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
5.5 hours into my workday and its been solid work :/.
Since covid ... I just havent been motivated at work. Im just not the same.
What sucks is with my job, the harder I grind the more I make and I have so many clients reaching out to me independent from my job/so much money to be had but I slow roll it.
I make decent money, 131k last year which is awesome, I eat steak at night and buy expensive salads for lunch

But I drive a 2016 rav 4 (zero upgrades) paid straight cash homie.
Own a 300k plus townhouse with mice and section 8 neighbors doing section 8 things.
I live well below my means.

I gotta stop smoking weed every night and drinking 3 times a week. (4-6 drinks, I dont get crazy anymore)

but then ... I wouldnt be happy guy. Would I still be a happy content guy?

Im a happy dude. I make my family laugh. Were loud and get weird. Walk slow on nature walks and watch R rated horror movies.

I get home at 6ish and usually make dinner, fam watches jeopardy. My 11 year old wont leave my hip, just wants to hangout and have fun. We just hang until bed time.

If I work harder then I will get home after 7 ... no more dad making dinner, no more jeopardy where I bargain/bet my wife for blow jobs with swallow if I get final jeopardy right.

IDK .. mid life crisis maybe.

I lived YOLO my whole life. I honestly believe its the way to live. But IM leaving so much money on the table. Money my kids will need in the future bc the future looks f***ed for poor people.

Enjoy yourself, its later than you think.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Since covid ... I just havent been motivated at work. Im just not the same.
What sucks is with my job, the harder I grind the more I make and I have so many clients reaching out to me independent from my job/so much money to be had but I slow roll it.
I make decent money, 131k last year which is awesome, I eat steak at night and buy expensive salads for lunch

But I drive a 2016 rav 4 (zero upgrades) paid straight cash homie.
Own a 300k plus townhouse with mice and section 8 neighbors doing section 8 things.
I live well below my means.

I gotta stop smoking weed every night and drinking 3 times a week. (4-6 drinks, I dont get crazy anymore)

but then ... I wouldnt be happy guy. Would I still be a happy content guy?

Im a happy dude. I make my family laugh. Were loud and get weird. Walk slow on nature walks and watch R rated horror movies.

I get home at 6ish and usually make dinner, fam watches jeopardy. My 11 year old wont leave my hip, just wants to hangout and have fun. We just hang until bed time.

If I work harder then I will get home after 7 ... no more dad making dinner, no more jeopardy where I bargain/bet my wife for blow jobs with swallow if I get final jeopardy right.

IDK .. mid life crisis maybe.

I lived YOLO my whole life. I honestly believe its the way to live. But IM leaving so much money on the table. Money my kids will need in the future bc the future looks f***ed for poor people.

Enjoy yourself, its later than you think.
I hear ya re: after covid. One reason I was about going crazy in my long time role and finally stepped into a people manager role for the same team that I was on for 18 years. Sure got a nice bump and no longer role capped so decent merit in the years to come. Days are busy as hell but in a good way I min-maxed the previous role to a high degree when it came to real work versus the 8 hour day.

Got some decent equity in my condo and plan on moving but staying as long as my Dad is still kicking.

Buying a 2022 GT500 was definitely something from Covid about one can never know what will happen so why not. Buying a 100k vehicle while working from home does feel fairly ridiculous but I'm basically a confirmed bachelor and have no dependents, heh. Only have like 1800 miles on the odometer through my 10 months with it.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I hear ya re: after covid. One reason I was about going crazy in my long time role and finally stepped into a people manager role for the same team that I was on for 18 years. Sure got a nice bump and no longer role capped so decent merit in the years to come. Days are busy as hell but in a good way I min-maxed the previous role to a high degree when it came to real work versus the 8 hour day.

Got some decent equity in my condo and plan on moving but staying as long as my Dad is still kicking.

Buying a 2022 GT500 was definitely something from Covid about one can never know what will happen so why not. Buying a 100k vehicle while working from home does feel fairly ridiculous but I'm basically a confirmed bachelor and have no dependents, heh. Only have like 1800 miles on the odometer through my 10 months with it.

Crazy low miles lol…wow! That car is fricking nuts….

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad