I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Back to school for Maryland kids today. Middle school starts at 8:40 which is great. I get to sleep in until 7:30 ish this year. (I got a 4 month old ... im not sleep sleeping)

Bought a big pack of chicken breakfast sausages from Costco, like 100 of em, for my kids breakfast.

Made 4 this morning, she ate 1 and hated it.

Offered one to her friend, she said "No, I already smelled them".

Sooo .. I made the rounds in the office to find a new home for my unwanted 96 sausages. They are in 4 separate packages so its easy to give away.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Brooks-Laich-Girlfriend-Katrin-Tanja-Davidsdottir-5-Things-to-Know[1].jpg

Former Cap and all around lady killer Brooks Laich is getting re-married. Icelandic cross fit athlete.

Im sure shes a great person, good for him but I couldnt do it ... that one tooth looks like a baby tooth. Like a row of dolphin teeth.

• Haha
Reactions: g00n

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
View attachment 739496

Who are the other Florida HFCaps people? @Corby78 and @Jags ? Anyone else? Stay safe!

I’d love to continue posting about NHLe but if I’m absent for the next few days it’s probably because the power is out or because I’ll be too busy ensuring the safety of the ones I love most: my cases of mead.

If your meteorological spreadsheets say it's safe to go outside but the eye test says "f*** that, cars are flying around," go with the eye test just this once.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
idalia-meme-time-v0-dfsnl23hpukb1[1].png

Hope it all goes as well as it can down there.

Always inspiring to see the hundreds of utility trucks lined up from all over the Country going down to help during national disasters.

Need more 'we are one" moments.

bacchist

lumpy, lumpy head
Feb 7, 2013
Anyone want to join a fantasy football league? No buy-in. I started the league because that's the only way I could play with my dad and brother, but we've got a lot of slots to fill and haven't gotten any randoms.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
The mead is safe. In fact I drank a whole bottle of cinnamon fig mead last night while on my porch.

However a lot of Florida is going to be messed up. This was a bad one.

Reactions: Neil Racki

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Anyone want to join a fantasy football league? No buy-in. I started the league because that's the only way I could play with my dad and brother, but we've got a lot of slots to fill and haven't gotten any randoms.

I just joined.

Cheers

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Hope our Florida brethren and sisters are doing ok and that you guys were minimally affected, if at all. Scary videos of flooding down there.

A sober reminder that only 13-15% of Floridians have flood insurance despite 75% of the population living in coastal portions of the state. Something needs to change there to help out people who won’t be able to afford to restart their lives if they lose their homes and property.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com

I joined as Marlowe though I will have no idea how to do this.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Let's go!

I'm happy to answer any questions you might have. Sounds like you probably haven't played before, but are you familiar with the concept?
Sure with fantasy hockey. Though more specifically the format of head to head with another team in the league versus just purely points based overall. Overall points based was not all that much fun since no one could really catch up during the season but again this was on the hockey side.

bacchist

lumpy, lumpy head
Feb 7, 2013
Sure with fantasy hockey. Though more specifically the format of head to head with another team in the league versus just purely points based overall. Overall points based was not all that much fun since no one could really catch up during the season but again this was on the hockey side.
Oh, you're in good shape then. I think football does seem a little more competitive. In my experience a lot of it comes down to if your key players stay healthy. Random players can have big games out of nowhere and tip the scales any given week.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Why the f*** don't schools teach kids cursive, but teach them math EVERY SINGLE DAY ignoring they will be carrying a calculator with them everywhere they go when they reach the age of actually needing to do math? My neighbors 16 year old son had to sign his drivers license. It looks like a first grader signed it.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Why the f*** don't schools teach kids cursive, but teach them math EVERY SINGLE DAY ignoring they will be carrying a calculator with them everywhere they go when they reach the age of actually needing to do math? My neighbors 16 year old son had to sign his drivers license. It looks like a first grader signed it.

I get your point about cursive, but learning math is incredibly important even if calculators can do simple computations a million times faster. Sure, most people might never need trigonometry or calculus in their lives, but all of the work put into learning how and why those methods work prepares your mind to approach life problems more logically.

It's similar to going to the gym and squatting or bench pressing. The point for most people isn't to get better at squatting and bench pressing, but rather to just get stronger overall. Those defined, relatively controlled movements in the gym make you much better equipped to handle daily actions like moving furniture, lifting toddlers, or clobbering a guy headfirst into the boards after he calls your mother a whore.

Similarly learning math helps people for example manage finances, fix cars, write software, negotiate salary, and win hockey arguments on the internet. Math is like a workout for the mind. Same with more artistic disciplines, though it works the other side of your brain/mind. Even if you never are going to become a painter or sculptor, an art class is certainly useful in helping you approach problems more creatively.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad