Providence Bruins General Discussion thread XIX

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I think that's especially true of rookies. It's the 2nd deal and the free agent deals that get interesting.

For example, Regula's AHL salary is $215k. That makes me think they're ok sending him to the minors. $215k is 'well paid' for the minors but not budget busting. On the other hand, Patrick Brown gets $800k to play down there. He makes as much as 10 Merkulov/Lysell/Lohrei's. So I would think they hate burying that contract.

Yep. Like I said its just a rule of thumb. Another factor to go along with those exceptions is the higher AHL salary can be a deterrent on getting claimed off of waivers.

Reactions: PlayMakers

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
Yep. Like I said its just a rule of thumb. Another factor to go along with those exceptions is the higher AHL salary can be a deterrent on getting claimed off of waivers.
Oh that's true. Hadn't thought of that, and it's particularly relevant to Regula who is waiver eligible and is one of those guys that is right on bubble.

Reactions: wintersej

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Oh that's true. Hadn't thought of that, and it's particularly relevant to Regula who is waiver eligible and is one of those guys that is right on bubble.

Well.... I may not agree with that entirely. Here's why:

As you both well know, a player claimed off waivers can't be traded or sent down to the AHL without first being offered to any other team that put in a claim or the original team first. Hence, the AHL salary is meaningless unless no one else wants the player.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I always liked him and the way he plays. Scoring touch was never expected of him, and he was a great spark plug kind of player. Wish we kept him around full time, he might not have scored but always put the puck deep and crashed into people.

Yeah but his hits were too small to be the only part of his game. He had to be good on draws or draw penalties or get some scoring touch or something more. A poor man’s Lauko ain’t gonna cut it.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
Is John Farinacci getting slept on a little around here?

Amongst prospects down in Providence his numbers fall just behind Merkulov, Lysell and Brazeau

I see a lot of Kuntar and Duran love around here and some even predicating that one or the other could make the big club but not much buzz at all about Farinacci

Even Dom has him ranked as his #3 prospect (prior to Letourneau). Saxon Eric had him at #6 after development camp.

I feel like he's knocking just as much as the other guys

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

Amongst prospects down in Providence his numbers fall just behind Merkulov, Lysell and Brazeau

I see a lot of Kuntar and Duran love around here and some even predicating that one or the other could make the big club but not much buzz at all about Farinacci

Even Dom has him ranked as his #3 prospect (prior to Letourneau). Saxon Eric had him at #6 after development camp.

He might be . My perception, but not sure it is based on reality is Farinacci came out hot last year, and played really well the first half of the season, and then cooled off a good bit as the season went on. Looks like he started with 29 points in his first 44 games, and then finished with 9 points in his last 27.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle

I think Dom still has a second line ceiling on him. I’m not sure how likely he is to achieve his ceiling but he is definitely being slept on by us internally. The lists I’ve seen seem to have him ranked highly so maybe it’s just here?

Reactions: CellyHard

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Kitchener OHL has free agent overage Mathew Sop. 40 goals and close to 40 assist so far this season. Kid can dangle. Not a scrapper but goes to the dirty areas to score goals. Probably end up in USports at a University if no NHL team picks him up.

Signed to AHL contract with Iowa Wild.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I think Dom still has a second line ceiling on him. I’m not sure how likely he is to achieve his ceiling but he is definitely being slept on by us internally. The lists I’ve seen seem to have him ranked highly so maybe it’s just here?
Looks at this point a 2C NHL center ceiling for him isn't likely. Turns 24 in Feb and yet to play in the NHL.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
deal is not expected to change except Adam Goldberg's role which will be a promotion.... thanks Eric.... hopefully, this will not be a mistake for the 2nd time like it was in 1982-83 when Comcast sold the original franchise to New Jersey, which is now Abbotsford.... it's expected that the ECHL will approve the transfer just as they did in 2018 and acquired the assets of the Alaska franchise...

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
btw, folks, a new look Cross Arena for 2024/2025; delayed due to the lost pandemic year; essentially the Lewis Auditorium will be flipped from its original configuration to the fanbase/general public which will reduce the capacity by 30 seats

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad