OT: Around Hockey and the NHL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Laine traded for far less than we paid for Jeannot. Laine better succeed in MTL or they will roast him 24/7 in the media.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Laine traded for far less than we paid for Jeannot. Laine better succeed in MTL or they will roast him 24/7 in the media.
Jeannot looking for more draft picks to be traded for:

0V1VlyL.jpeg

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
3 on 3 ot sucks. Is rather have each team send a guy out and fight for the point. It is as fair to each team as 3 on 3. Never happening but would be more fun and entertaining then 3on 3.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Backyard Hockey needs to return. I played it on my Gameboy religiously. Jumbo Joe, Mikey Mo and Pablo (the multi-sport all star they had in the franchise), were a lethal trio. I need this nostalgia in my life.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Backyard Hockey needs to return. I played it on my Gameboy religiously. Jumbo Joe, Mikey Mo and Pablo (the multi-sport all star they had in the franchise), were a lethal trio. I need this nostalgia in my life.
I could see them adding NHL mascots. They're in Chel, but mascots in Backyard Hockey would be a perfect fit.

posted 11 days ago:

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

I'm not sure if I agree that lifting the CHL ban wouldn't result in more D-I hockey programs.

While I agree that most university presidents don't really care about player development, or how that sausage is made, universities benefit big time from sports. Schools like Auburn, Alabama, or Duke are household names because of their sports teams and the athletes they send to major pro leagues. This promotes their school nationally (and internationally). We've all pretty much seen kids who want to go to an out-of-state school because they like their sports teams.

There could be a dumb money bubble of schools trying to get D-I teams, but there could be a few universities that fill a certain niche that may benefit the most. Pennsylvania, Illinois, and Wisconsin are a bit underweight in D-I men's hockey programs, and places like California and Iowa could fill certain recruitment niches. Iowa has a ton of USHL teams to draw from, and California is both a destination, and the only team really representing the continental west coast of the US.

If they're in a situation where they could step right in and recruit some future pros, they'd think about it.

Last edited:

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
There is a rumor circulating on social media that Columbus’ Johnny Gaudreau has passed away. Since there is no official statement as of yet please don’t discuss or spread potential misinformation, thanks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad