OT: General College Hockey Talk

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
National Championship going to OT, and Colby Cohen is calling this game? I think I know what highlight is going to get shown at some point... :D

• Haha
Reactions: Chainshot

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
They are an impressive team because they all buy in.
Rand Peckhold's influence on their program reminds me of Lou Lamoriello with the trap era Devils. I'm not sure the style of play is that different either, although they do it with skating and puck possession instead of clutch and grab.

But there's no doubt they make up some of the talent deficit with teams like Minny and Michigan with their system, and when they play teams with similar talent levels in the ECAC look out.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I will let you know in the coming days if I feel sorry for Johnson or if I am thrilled with this result

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Well that was fast. Minnesota falls asleep on the faceoff and Q-Pac makes them pay.

The Big Ten's drought continues.

Outstanding hands/awareness to draw that back on the backhand instead of one-timing it.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Shame on the next NCAA team to get beat by that set play going forward. Everyone they play should have that play imprinted on their brains going forward :laugh:. I'm sure the Bobcats will make that trade.

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
Love to see the rodents fall short yet again.

Guess they can’t win big games without the refs gifting them five minute power plays.

Sound_n_Fury

Apr 3, 2005
It's interesting that 'blue blood' programs like Minnesota recruit so well and ride their young talent through the season, only to get stoned in the championship.

Perhaps having 11 freshman in the lineup isn't the best thing when it comes to playoff hockey against an older, more experienced opponent.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
It's interesting that 'blue blood' programs like Minnesota recruit so well and ride their young talent through the season, only to get stoned in the championship.

Perhaps having 11 freshman in the lineup isn't the best thing when it comes to playoff hockey against an older, more experienced opponent.

I saw a comment from some Minnesota fan crying it's not fair these other problems have all these seniors and they have to play all these young kids. Yeah it's not fair their players are so good they leave college early. :eyeroll:

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I saw a comment from some Minnesota fan crying it's not fair these other problems have all these seniors and they have to play all these young kids. Yeah it's not fair their players are so good they leave college early. :eyeroll:
Heard similar crap on final 4. These teams had a bunch of jr and sr players

Reactions: Dingo44

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
I just finished watching the game a day after the action (thank you Hulu). As a fan of the game you can't ask for a better final than that! If anyone watched Quinnipiac this year it shouldn't be a big shock they won. They have been a machine all year.

The best talent doesn't always win, otherwise Michigan would have won last year. The best team does generally win. College hockey is the best sport because we can see teams like Quinnipiac, Yale, Providence, Union and UMass win a title.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad