OT: General College Hockey Talk

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Bucci is awful at PxP, and Melrose is worse at color commentary. The number of absolutely stupid things he said on Thursday is mindboggling. Even Rob Ray does a better job.
I found and watched a replay of RIT vs UNH in the national quarterfinals back from 2010 that they did, and they were awful. For the first two periods Melrose called the game per his pre-concieved notions - it's only when those were shattered by the 3rd period (with RIT up 4-1 and outshooting/outchancing UNH) that they even noticed that the Tyler Mazzei line for RIT completely ate the lunch of Bobby Butler's line for UNH in that game. (And I don't think they ever picked up the defensive pairing matchup, where Chris Tanev-Dan Ringwald was the d-pair every time Butler was on the ice). Jared DeMichal got far too much credit for that RIT team being successful - he wasn't even the best goalie in the AHA but he was "the backbone of RIT" and "the best player on the team" because he had the game of his life against top seeded Denver in the first round. He was an average goalie who nearly farted away game 1 in the AHA playoffs with an "as bad as the Denver game was good" performance against UConn. RIT's strength was a top defensive pairing that was as good as any top defensive pairing in the nation.

Annnyywaay....sorry for the rant lol.

TL;DR: Yeah, they're freaking terrible.

Reactions: Chainshot

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Mittelstadt family is on a roll.

and I continue to find myself rooting for Mittelstadts.

I'd be up for drafting more Mittelstadts.

Also this is close to the end of Ryan Johnson's college hockey career and the beginning of RJ signing watch 2023.

Sound_n_Fury

Apr 3, 2005
I'm really surprised by the lack of playmaking for the top two ranked teams in the nation. It looks like an AHL game in November.

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I'd be up for drafting more Mittelstadts.

Also this is close to the end of Ryan Johnson's college hockey career and the beginning of RJ signing watch 2023.
Luke is an option as an udfa to Roch if he isn't picked in 2023. He's a double overager, but a dman with decent counting stats. Size/skill/speed all questions.

John is no shot. Quadruple over-ager (I think, might be triple) with bad stats, and is a college freshman at 21. Bad size, bad stats.

Neither are close to their big brother's talent.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Does Bucci know he's the play by play guy?

Luke is an option as an udfa to Roch if he isn't picked in 2023. He's a double overager, but a dman with decent counting stats. Size/skill/speed all questions.

John is no shot. Quadruple over-ager (I think, might be triple) with bad stats, and is a college freshman at 21. Bad size, bad stats.

Neither are close to their big brother's talent.

I meant draft them for Sabres : Embedded but Roch would be cool too 😁

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
I dunno *sigh*

Minny got a soft one early in the period, Q-Pac gets a questionable one late.

EDIT: Okay maybe that was mostly the Minny guy. I'm a little better with it after that replay.

Sound_n_Fury

Apr 3, 2005
Cooley with a brain fart there. You CAN'T do that in the offensive zone when you're just barely hanging on.

Last edited:

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Absolute great decision to pull the goalie that early. 6-on-4 with an offensive zone faceoff, and it pays dividends right as the penalty expires.

Reactions: Chainshot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad