GDT: GDT: #60 New York Islanders @ Pittsburgh Penguins | February 20th | 7 PM | F/4-2 W

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Taswell

Oct 4, 2017
Not to rain on the happiness. But they really need to cut down the shots against. Sure, Sorokin can be super human and handle it some nights, but not always. And Varly absolutely cannot face almost 50 shots.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Always fun to beat the Pens....we can argue whether the Isles should be sellers but one thing I know for damn sure, Pittsburgh absolutely should be selling. They are not dynamic offensively as they used to be, a sieve defensively and barely average goaltending-wise.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
I am happy for Durandeau, solid debut for a kid who has worked very hard and has been impressive any time I manage to catch a Bridgeport game. Always around the puck and making things happen.

Hopefully he can keep it going and then maybe carve out a role alongside Martin and Cizikas or perhaps JGP and Parise (if he returns for another season next year).

I am also taking 0.0000000000000001% of the credit for tonight's win, as I had a large bet on the Penguins (for the second time) and did my best to "buy" a win.

Unfortunately I can't hemorrhage that much cash for every Isles game remaining, but I will do my best against the Metro teams we love to hate along the way.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
JHS is the Islanders version of Kravtsov. No one compares to such a generational talent.

Who is a major, recent disappointment for the Devils as a prospect (not counting Zacha who has bonced back well in Boston)?

Maybe that player could be the third musketeer alongside JHS and Krapsoft in the KHL next season.

Talk about a line for the ages! They could be called the dirty diaper line.

12Dog

Feb 14, 2013
Always fun to beat the Pens....we can argue whether the Isles should be sellers but one thing I know for damn sure, Pittsburgh absolutely should be selling. They are not dynamic offensively as they used to be, a sieve defensively and barely average goaltending-wise.
You might be correct but
Never going to happen
Crosby, Malkin, Letang
Unless one of those requests a move, they’re going to try and keep the band together and supplement
As well they should

crasherino

May 9, 2013
I'm away so I've only been able to watch clips, but I dont think I've ever seen linesmen work so hard to keep players separated than in that johnston-malkin-zucker dustup. Are they that concerned about Malkin getting what's coming to him?
What a douchie move by Malkin going in throwing punches against a tied up Pulock after Johnston took it easy on him. Next time Ross should take a few shots at him when he’s down.

Seems like that’s Malkins MO. Did the same thing against Hamonic in the playoffs a few years back.

12Dog

Feb 14, 2013
What a douchie move by Malkin going in throwing punches against a tied up Pulock after Johnston took it easy on him. Next time Ross should take a few shots at him when he’s down.

Seems like that’s Malkins MO. Did the same thing against Hamonic in the playoffs a few years back.
Malkin been a Cee you next Tuesday his whole career
Hamonic owned him

He’s a guy who had the blessing of instead of being a “savior” fell into the best possible situation
Sid’s sidekick

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

He's a gigantic p***y who only goes after guys significantly smaller, when it's someone his own size he runs away or gets tossed around. He wanted no part of Johnston and saw an opportunity to go after someone already tied up so he took it because he's a piece of shit on the ice.

Reactions: 12Dog

PJGooch

Aug 2, 2005

No "seems like" about it. Malkin has been the biggest POS on the Penguins forever, it's just that everyone's focus has always been on Crosby. Letang is not far behind Malkin.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
You might be correct but
Never going to happen
Crosby, Malkin, Letang
Unless one of those requests a move, they’re going to try and keep the band together and supplement
As well they should
I pray you're correct because I want their retool behind ours but they are legitimately a bad team. Even if they snuck into the playoffs, they would be destroyed in rd 1, like they have been the last 5 yrs?

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Who is a major, recent disappointment for the Devils as a prospect (not counting Zacha who has bonced back well in Boston)?

Maybe that player could be the third musketeer alongside JHS and Krapsoft in the KHL next season.

Talk about a line for the ages! They could be called the dirty diaper line.
No idea. The Devils don’t really have anyone to talk about between Patrick Elias and Jack Hughes. That grey area in between is a mystery.

• Haha
Reactions: danteipp

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Missed the Game But watched much of it late.
Gutsy Win.... Glad we came through....
Martin sparked team with great energy on top line. Horvat had awesome 3rd pd. Fasching made superior play jumping to keep puck in on Horvat goal. Sorokin showed why if they make the playoffs, they'll have a punchers chance

All that said, Penguins are really not that good

So we can write off Tristan Lennox.
Annie though belonged on the top 200 list

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
I’ve pumped him quite a bit, he uses what talent he has and plays his butt off. thst was best game they have gotten from a rookie this year.
He looks to put the puck on net. Good things happen when the puck goes on goal

The Romanov save was his best play all season.
The Sorokin save.
Proud of that effort.
That was a tremendous play by Romanov

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
This is almost a troll to get @Sidney the Kidney to bite. Just kidding buddy.
I’m honestly amazed how bad the pens are.
I literally want to punch anyone who says Sullivan isn't a huge issue in the face. When a team is disorganized CONSISTENTLY, that's on coaching.

Oh and at this point I'm just checking boxscores to see whether Sid or Geno added to their career totals so they can move up the all-time lists. I couldn't give a f*** about the on ice product as long as Sullivan is around.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
I literally want to punch anyone who says Sullivan isn't a huge issue in the face. When a team is disorganized CONSISTENTLY, that's on coaching.

Oh and at this point I'm just checking boxscores to see whether Sid or Geno added to their career totals so they can move up the all-time lists. I couldn't give a f*** about the on ice product as long as Sullivan is around.
Wow. That's what we say

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
I am happy for Durandeau, solid debut for a kid who has worked very hard and has been impressive any time I manage to catch a Bridgeport game. Always around the puck and making things happen.

Hopefully he can keep it going and then maybe carve out a role alongside Martin and Cizikas or perhaps JGP and Parise (if he returns for another season next year).

I am also taking 0.0000000000000001% of the credit for tonight's win, as I had a large bet on the Penguins (for the second time) and did my best to "buy" a win.

Unfortunately I can't hemorrhage that much cash for every Isles game remaining, but I will do my best against the Metro teams we love to hate along the way.
Man, Kudos to you. I'd keep the cash and fool myself into thinking I have no impact on the outcome

I have sushi and Starbucks addictions to fund

scottywiper

Dec 2, 2018
Still buzzing. My kid will be itching to watch highlights when he's home from school in an hour.
I like Johnston, I think it's time we look to create a new fourth line combo and I hope he can do enough to be in it. He makes other teams accountable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad