GDT: GDT: #60 New York Islanders @ Pittsburgh Penguins | February 20th | 7 PM | F/4-2 W

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
Absolutely; they deserve the praise. I've always loved the Parises and Cizikas of the hockey world, and they shined tonight. The french kid looks like he's in that mold. A blue collar night.

Don't mind me, very frustrated.
Nothing to be frustrated about, maybe they found themselves tonight. The defense has to get better but they locked it down in third to point it would made Trotz proud. The game got physical and I thought that’s where changed.

Reactions: doublechili

crashthenet

Jul 9, 2004
Hockey Falls
14 minutes in a NHL debut for Durandeau tells you a lot about how Lambert felt about his game.

On the otherhand, Holmstrom was slotted on the top line from the start, but didn't stay there long(after his man beat him inside and tapped in a free goal). Holmstrom only played 8:49. We're now 32 games into his career, it looks like he needs more time in the AHL.
Hasn't looked quite the same since he returned. Still annoyed Bennett wasn't made to pay. was hoping he would get it going tonight.

12Dog

Feb 14, 2013
Butchie sounds remarkably coherent in the post-game. What’s going on here? Laying off the sauce? Worried Hickey might take his spot?

No worries Butchie. You’re a treasure. Our own Rizzuto.
The stupid air horn took him off his drinking game
I feel for Butch, air horn almost ruined my game, I persevered through it

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Nothing to be frustrated about, maybe they found themselves tonight. The defense has to get better but they locked it down in third to point it would made Trotz proud. The game got physical and I thought that’s where changed.

Frustrated by the idea of this effort, with their best player.

Yeah, they have to lock things down, and get back to those opportunistic ways (like the 3rd).

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
This team is a real c*ck tease. They would absolutely have a fighting chance to make the playoffs with Barzal in the lineup. This lineup, though as gritty an effort as you'll see tonight, will not be able to play like this for the next 20 or so games. Stuck in f***ing no man's land. Not good enough for the playoffs, but will play hard enough to avoid a top pick (most nights). Sure the loss of Barzal may ignite them, but for a team struggling with talent, they absolutely cannot afford his loss.

Lastly, they have to cut down the chances against. 48 shots is unacceptable; they need to play a real conservative game, Trotz-like, and score opportunistic goals.
the islanders have a good goalie - Jarry would like to have that Horvat one back for sure.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
Frustrated by the idea of this effort, with their best player.

Yeah, they have to lock things down, and get back to those opportunistic ways (like the 3rd).
The first agin was bad, second was better and third was really good.

I'm the farthest thing from a Capologist here but I wonder if Lou plays the LTIR game heading into the TDL to absolutely weaponize our available cap space for reinforcements if they continue to show fight
Isles Twitter would implode of Lou bought lol

NYI365

Let's Go Islanders!
Jun 5, 2011
Merrick, NY
Winnipeg, LA, at Winnipeg, at Minnesota up next. 2-1-1 at the very least should be the goal here. Those are good teams.

The Real JT

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss. :(
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
C0A53A9F-B38B-4FFD-95AD-BC0608617458.gif

I copied this from the Pens board. Too funny.

ALEXIVICH CHULKATURI

Dec 5, 2010
HILTON HEAD ISLAND
View attachment 653928
I copied this from the Pens board. Too funny.
Though I’d like to have their 3 cups in the last 15 years. They are our dynasty Isles, should have traded their superstars 3 years ago but they just couldn’t. Window is nailed shut, but what a wonderful view when it was open.

Winnipeg, LA, at Winnipeg, at Minnesota up next. 2-1-1 at the very least should be the goal here. Those are good teams.
Nope. They have to do better.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
Dobson had good game and I thought Aho was really good, Martin has had good season and his experience was key tonight he just makes good plays with puck all over ice. Liked Durandeau, Cizikas and Fasching together they are all really good skaters who are hard on puck they could be a good checking line as season moves along.

12Dog

Feb 14, 2013
Dobson had good game and I thought Aho was really good, Martin has had good season and his experience was key tonight he just makes good plays with puck all over ice. Liked Durandeau, Cizikas and Fasching together they are all really good skaters who are hard on puck they could be a good checking line as season moves along.
Def was one of Dobson’s better defensive games

PJGooch

Aug 2, 2005
I'm away so I've only been able to watch clips, but I dont think I've ever seen linesmen work so hard to keep players separated than in that johnston-malkin-zucker dustup. Are they that concerned about Malkin getting what's coming to him?

NYI365

Let's Go Islanders!
Jun 5, 2011
Merrick, NY
Though I’d like to have their 3 cups in the last 15 years. They are our dynasty Isles, should have traded their superstars 3 years ago but they just couldn’t. Window is nailed shut, but what a wonderful view when it was open.

Nope. They have to do better.
They can survive a stretch like that. It's the next 4 immediately after that against DET, BUF, PIT, and WASH they need to excel at.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad