GDT: GDT#4| Penguins vs. Redwings | Wed, Oct. 18 2023 7:30 PM EST|LCA| Hey, it's My B-Day, all I want is a Karlsson good game...

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

farscape1

Jun 22, 2010
Pittsburgh
I don't think the lack of structure is why this team is so mid, though. I think they're just old.

Ultimately, what this team had to do to still be a top contender now was making good drafting and developing decisions 5 years ago. Even when the core was prime aged, it still required a massive influx of youth from guys like Rust, Sheary, Guentzel, Murray, Dumoulin and whatnot for them to get over the 2010-2015 hump and win another cup. This team has literally no young depth at this point due to bad management from the previous 2 GMs.
Which worries me what the team is going to be like when both Sid and Geno retire together.

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I don't think the lack of structure is why this team is so mid, though. I think they're just old.

Ultimately, what this team had to do to still be a top contender now was making good drafting and developing decisions 5 years ago. Even when the core was prime aged, it still required a massive influx of youth from guys like Rust, Sheary, Guentzel, Murray, Dumoulin and whatnot for them to get over the 2010-2015 hump and win another cup. This team has literally no young depth at this point due to bad management from the previous 2 GMs.
and those bad managements have kept Sullivan even though he hasnt won a round since 2018
losing 5 consecutive play off rounds! I believe is a record . Because EVERY coach in history gets replaced before he can manage that streak of futility

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Which worries me what the team is going to be like when both Sid and Geno retire together.

I mean they're going to suck after Crosby and Malkin retire, I don't think anyone doubts that. That's just the ebbs and flows of how professional sports work.

Even the best NFL dynasty in the Patriots suck today after their window closed.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Yes, but you can play a way when you’re older and slower that is more conducive to slowing the game down and winning, namely clogging the NZ more…we rarely do it..teams have free range to skate on through a lot of the time…they could generate TOs from this and get more scoring chances…Isles do it fairly well, although Jarry is no Sorokin
Again, the Pens don't do this because the top players won't commit to it.

If you don't have total commitment to play a clogging, slower style, it backfires terribly and makes your problems worse.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
yes-very-sad-anyway-loki-sad.gif

Chad hurt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad