GDT: GDT#4| Penguins vs. Redwings | Wed, Oct. 18 2023 7:30 PM EST|LCA| Hey, it's My B-Day, all I want is a Karlsson good game...

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

metalan2

May 30, 2008
I said to myself after the first shot went in.. "this would be the only goal we score if this was last year" lol. I truly thought we'd keep it going tonight, but sadly we are the same team as we've been for 3 seasons.

Inconsistent with zero semblance of bottom six scoring or even a threat too.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
He'll fix them eventually but I'm not sure that's something he can do mid season

I don't think he needs to fix all of them. I'd like to see him go and get some nutsos for the 4th line that can forecheck and create some chaos. You really just need them to be able to possess the puck. We need to get Ruhwedel back to #7. Those are really the two big ones for me.

My fear with Dubas is that he doesn't have it in him to make hard shakeups like Patrick was able to do in the 90's. That team revolted when Patrick traded Recchi...and it lead to a Cup. Maybe he includes Rust or Jake in a deal that kind of changes the complexion of the team? Dubas couldn't do that in Toronto. I'm hoping he learned a lesson.

Reactions: Pancakes

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
He fired that pass 300mph and DeB just took it and fired it. That was awesome.

This Larkin line may be one of my favorites in the league. If you appreciate skating these guys are incredible. I'd love to see them live.

Reactions: ColePens

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Carter's effort level that last shift was abysmal.

I don't think I've seen him "skate hard" once this season.

Reactions: WickedWrister

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
I am just so disappointed in our bottom 6. A bunch of Craig Adams out there.
I'm not really sure what we expect from the bottom 6. Nobody has ever been a scorer there except for Carter like 10 years ago.

It definitely isn't built to score so if you expect scoring you will be disappointed.

All you can hope is EK puts the puck on a platter for a few of these guys and they are gifted some goals.

Outside of that your not going to see any career reinvigoration. They are who they are.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
I'm not really sure what we expect from the bottom 6. Nobody has ever been a scorer there except for Carter like 10 years ago.

It definitely isn't built to score so if you expect scoring you will be disappointed.

All you can hope is EK puts the puck on a platter for a few of these guys and they are gifted some goals.

Outside of that your not going to see any career reinvigoration. They are who they are.
I think it's fair to expect one combined goal through four games.

The Grim Reaper

Apr 18, 2017
Hobart, Tasmania

I think it's pining for the days of the HBK line, which we were spoiled with and not the standard across the league.

Ben White

Dec 28, 2015
What on earth is wrong with Pettersson?? He just refuses to give EK the puck when EK is open. He rather just dump it out, dump it in or play it directly to a forward in a bad position. It’s not even his job to play the puck to forwards unless he has to. EK will 9 times out of 10 find a better play than Pettersson does so if EK is open you just give him the damn puck. That needs to be Pettersson’s #1 mission whenever he gets the puck - check if EK is open, option #2 - do something else. If Pettersson can’t cope with that they need to be separated. Right now it’s just a waste of time offensively to have them out there together.

Reactions: Andy99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad