Garth Snow Pt. III - Snow’s inactivity

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
Don't worry, you can just fire Snow and promote your current Assistant GM to full time GM. :D

Come on you know how the line of succession works for the Isles, if Snow is fired, then our current backup goalie retires and steps into the GM role. Right now that is Greiss but I guess if it happens in the off season when Halak and Gibson are UFAs, then whoever is on the depth chart behind Greiss will rightfully assume command. Kristers Gudlevskis or Eamon McAdam, come on down!!

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Come on you know how the line of succession works for the Isles, if Snow is fired, then our current backup goalie retires and steps into the GM role. Right now that is Greiss but I guess if it happens in the off season when Halak and Gibson are UFAs, then whoever is on the depth chart behind Greiss will rightfully assume command. Kristers Gudlevskis or Eamon McAdam, come on down!!

I heard Greiss was going to night school to finish up his degree in business management.

macleod50

Apr 24, 2006
Long Island, NY
That Metro article summed up Garth's tenure as a GM. Get better for/to make the playoffs? Nah, just go sit in Burger King, down a couple Whoppers, and keep thinking he's a genius.

This team has significant pieces to build upon, but nope. Just continuing to wallow in mediocrity grasping for that last wild card spot.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
If Tampa wins the Cup this year, maybe their Asst GM Julien Brisebois will be up for a new challenge. If I'm L&M, that's the first guy I call.

Reactions: periferal

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
If Tampa wins the Cup this year, maybe their Asst GM Julien Brisebois will be up for a new challenge. If I'm L&M, that's the first guy I call.

Brisebois is more on the administration side of the team. He is a lawyer who manages the cap among other things. I'm not saying he would be a bad choice but I would want a very good scouting director under him.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Brisebois is more on the administration side of the team. He is a lawyer who manages the cap among other things. I'm not saying he would be a bad choice but I would want a very good scouting director under him.
Didn't realize that - I assumed he was personnel too. Okay, if that's the case scratch him off the list.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
So Garth now deserves no credit for taking advantage of Chicago and Boston's cap situation? His job as a GM is to acquire talent. He did that. He should be praised for those trades. Likewise, he should be blamed for fielding the atrocious defense that we have today.

Just curious...What are our goals around here? Is it to "win some trades" or "win the Stanley Cup?" I will happily agree that snow has won some deals...And we're going to miss the playoffs this year (again).

So I'm giving snow all the credit in the world for making some good moves. Can he be fired now?

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Early in the season Snow gave a radio interview, trying to sell this group as being built for a SC run
I think he overrates his talent.

I expect he will try to use injuries as an excuse to explain this crappy season. It is a bs excuse because the defense and goaltending were bad before De Haan and Boychuk went down.

I think snow knows exactly what he has. He's just good at being a snake-oil salesman. He's fooled wang and now fooling Ledecky.

snow will be saying the exact same thing this October (with or without Tavares), and one year from now it will be, "We think we're growing in the right direction."

Just watch any interview with snow. He isn't sharing information...He's spinning it. He'd be a better politician than NHL GM.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
I'm not so sure JT would be upset if Snow and coaches were fired. I know he has a friendship with Weight, but he must be thinking the same things we are thinking. The best path to stability an progress would be to wipe everything clean right now and hire the right people.

This is one of the great excuses being floated around. Tavares survived the trading of his BFF Moulson just fine, and besides...If Tavares is prepared to go to another team then he'll be dealing with a DIFFERENT GM & COACH.

Let's just bring the different GM & coach here and kill two birds with one stone.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
God we need to get Snow out of here ASAP. But I'll be honest. I'm not up to date on candidates. Is there much out there? I can't think of a real good

I wasn't sold on Weight as coach, but since capuano clearly was not the answer I was fine giving him a shot.

The same philosophy should be applied to GM. I'd pick out of a hat and see what happened as opposed to keeping a GM who will never win us a Stanley Cup.

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
The mutiny is complete. Capt Abe is once again at the helm. I concede to his victory.:(

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002

How great would it be to have established and successful execs/coaches instead of guys who are just trying to get established, trying to gain experience?
I have always hated seeing the cheapskate nyi, acting as a stepping stone in the league.

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
GMs with a longer tenure than Snow: 3 (all have made the finals)
GMs hired within 5 years after Snow: 6 (5 of which have won more playoff series than Snow)

Since Snow took over the Islanders are:

Goals for: 20th
Goals against: 29th
PP: 26th
PK: 29th
Total points earned: 23rd
354 ROWs in 932 games.

Since 2013 (first year they made the playoffs after starting the rebuild):

Goals for: 8th
PP: 23rd
PK: 28th
Total points earned: 15th
190 ROWs in 440 games.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
GMs with a longer tenure than Snow: 3 (all have made the finals)
GMs hired within 5 years after Snow: 6 (5 of which have won more playoff series than Snow)

Since Snow took over the Islanders are:

Goals for: 20th
PP: 26th
PK: 29th
Total points earned: 23rd
354 ROWs in 932 games.

Since 2013 (first year they made the playoffs after starting the rebuild):

Goals for: 8th
PP: 23rd
PK: 28th
Total points earned: 15th
190 ROWs in 440 games.

Well when you haven't had a stable goalie 30 years nor a true #1 defender these things will happen. I'm not saying KJ wasn't very good, however, he was not a top 10 defender in the league in any point in his career.

Reactions: michaelrc51

Stercrazy

Jul 4, 2007
Going to the Barclays for the fight Saturday night. If I see either owner or Garth I most likely will be thrown out because I will most certainly lay into them.

Reactions: Nassau Revisited

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Going to the Barclays for the fight Saturday night. If I see either owner or Garth I most likely will be thrown out because I will most certainly lay into them.

Please just enjoy yourself. There's really only one effective response to NYI's front office - don't go to games, don't watch games, don't buy tickets for 2018-2019.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Please just enjoy yourself. There's really only one effective response to NYI's front office - don't go to games, don't watch games, don't buy tickets for 2018-2019.
That didn't work when the fans were staying away from the Coliseum and it's not working now.

Reactions: Eberzal

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Lou Lamorillo hasn't re-signed with Toronto. Babcock tends to be a coach with greater latitude than most. Toronto has two other Assistant GMs who have a pretty active role. All that said, I'm hoping Lamorillo feels as if he does not have as much autonomy as he would prefer.

I would want Lamorillo for president. Then he can decide what to do with the GM, coach positions. I mean if this organization is going to go with nepotism... at least do it right!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad