Proposal: Gardiner + Marner for Faulk

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TSN Jdog

Apr 25, 2016
Starting to hate the Leafs
:leafs

Justin Faulk

:canes

Jake Gardiner

Mitch Marner

Leafs get a top pairing defender who can run the powerplay and pair with Rielly at even strength

Hurricanes get a #2 defender with huge upside plus a Top 5 prospect league wide that projects as an elite scorer.

Thoughts?

Blitzago*

Dec 11, 2015
:leafs

Justin Faulk

:canes

Jake Gardiner

Mitch Marner

Leafs get a top pairing defender who can run the powerplay and pair with Rielly at even strength

Hurricanes get a #2 defender with huge upside plus a Top 5 prospect league wide that projects as an elite scorer.

Thoughts?

Who's the #2 defender?

Finlandia WOAT

No blocks, No slappers
May 23, 2010
I think both teams refuse.

EDIT: marner shoots right and plays right wing?

Depending on how good Gardiner actually is, Canes may take some pause on this. Though I think they may refuse anyway.

Last edited:

TSN Jdog

Apr 25, 2016
Starting to hate the Leafs
A rebuilding team isn't going to trade away its bluechip prospects.

It defeats the entire purpose of the rebuild.

An elite defender would accelerate the rebuild. Having 2 top pairing defenders will create a solid foundation for a future contender and the cherry on top is having elite upside prospects in Nikita Zaitsev and Travis Dermott developing while Rielly + Faulk anchor the top pairing.

kyle o connor

enjoying first line highlife
Apr 8, 2008
Winnipeg, MB
An elite defender would accelerate the rebuild. Having 2 top pairing defenders will create a solid foundation for a future contender and the cherry on top is having elite upside prospects in Nikita Zaitsev and Travis Dermott developing while Rielly + Faulk anchor the top pairing.

... And by elite upside you mean top 4 upside

Blitzago*

Dec 11, 2015

Jesus, if those are elite upside prospects, Oiler's have a ton of Elite upside D prospects then.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Jesus, if those are elite upside prospects, Oiler's have a ton of Elite upside D prospects then.

Zaitsev and Dermott elite prospects? :laugh:

Matthews and Nylander, sure those guys are elite prospects.

DANTHEMAN1967

Aug 10, 2016

The goal shouldn't be to accelerate the rebuild but rather to ensure it reaches it's highest potential (at least one cup) and stays at that level for years.
Chicago didn't trade Kane and Toronto shouldn't trade Marner.

Leafsrock95

Oct 4, 2014
As a leaf fan i dont do it. Marner will be more valuable than Faulk and Gardiner is just icing on the cake.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
As a leaf fan i dont do it. Marner will be more valuable than Faulk and Gardiner is just icing on the cake.

Could* be more valuable. We dont know for sure yet but the signs are looking good.

I also wouldnt do the deal until we know what we have with Marner, Canes wouldnt do the deal until they knew what Marner is.

All things told, another poorly thought out proposal by the OP again and again and again and again... etc

varano

Jun 27, 2013
Is this a joke??? Carolina adds significantly to get even close to marner

CertifiedLurker

Aug 13, 2016
Even if the value is appropriate right now, no way would I want to do this trade if I were the Leafs. Just the idea of Marner reaching his potential is enough for me to not trade him before he's even turned 20. Kid is going to be a stud.

Gavy

Jan 30, 2012
Ottawa
LEAFS. AREN'T. GIVING. UP. THEIR. PROSPECTS.

What don't people get about thus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad