Salary Cap: Garbage Day collection comes early!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
If their hockey iq is good enough they can get by.

A lot of younger players don’t have the skating at the time of the draft and improve on it later. It’s impossible to tell which ones will and which ones won’t. Poulin didn’t.

Agree but you can only improve within some natural limits..his skating was so funky his draft year it was always going to be an uphill climb for him

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Yeah, I mean, Ty Smith very probably sucks shit too. But again, let's see (I know he's gone, but point stands)? Zero reason to sign multiple years' worth of vet losers on inflated deals when we have young losers on cheap deals here. :laugh:

Not like this team's anything within miles of a contender anymore. They might not even make the playoffs again while Sid's still playing.
Gotta give Ryan Graves 6 years and 4.5 mil and then watch as the team actually is good when he goes out with a concussion and we are playing some no names in Ryan Shea and St Ivany.

I for one welcome the youth movement we are clearly not going to do.

Agree but you can only improve within some natural limits..his skating was so funky his draft year it was always going to be an uphill climb for him

Poulin has looked fine in NHL games.

Noel Acciari had 7 points in 55 games last season. Poulin can fill that quote for 800k.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
Tampa must be pretty confident they can get something done. Or else they just flushed a 3rd.

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
HFPens posters trying to figure out the path Dubas has the team on:

bf9f518b-015f-4087-8092-07257ec353a9_text.gif

87dfcfc0-83b9-4431-bf84-5b85709dd709_text.gif

MayorofWBS

Apr 14, 2015
Mars
Worse players than Smith that have term have been traded. Not sure Dubas even is all that urgently trying to move him it seems.
I'm not saying Reilly Smith doesn't have value but I don't think teams are like holy **** I need to secure Reilly Smith's services before free agency starts. He's the key to my offseason:scared:.

We should start both bitching if he isn't gone by week to week and half after free agency starts and the market starts to die down.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
This is why you don’t spend money on bottom pair dmen or 4th liners. Every year there are perfectly reasonable replacements for cheap.

Reactions: vodeni and Andy99

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Koivunen, Pono, Bunting, 44th OA and Cruz for a measly TB 2025 3RD ROUNDER? :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::nod::nod::thumbu::thumbu::thumbu::thumbu:

Let me tell you something folks, okay? Nobody, and I mean nobody, makes trades like I do. What we did with the Carolina Hurricanes, it's just incredible. People are saying it's the best trade in NHL history. Believe me, they're saying it. The Hurricanes, they were smart, but we were smarter. We got the best deal, the greatest deal. And now, we're making history. They're talking about it everywhere. The pundits, the experts, they can't believe it. But you know what? It's what I do. I make deals, I make great deals, and this one, it's at the top. Historic.

I would see if you can trade POJ for a comparable forward and then sign Brannstrom to replace him on the bottom pair.

Is the comparable forward an empty roster spot?

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
Let me tell you something folks, okay? Nobody, and I mean nobody, makes trades like I do. What we did with the Carolina Hurricanes, it's just incredible. People are saying it's the best trade in NHL history. Believe me, they're saying it. The Hurricanes, they were smart, but we were smarter. We got the best deal, the greatest deal. And now, we're making history. They're talking about it everywhere. The pundits, the experts, they can't believe it. But you know what? It's what I do. I make deals, I make great deals, and this one, it's at the top. Historic.
If only it was Philly or Anaheim so I could say "Orange Team Bad".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad