Games you are currently playing - Part 7

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
DnD and DOS2 are right up my alley.

Right now I'm playing Pathfinder:WoTR and it's looking like it'll be my favorite crpg. It's Pathfinder rule set, so DnD 3.5. It's a hard, deep, but brilliant game if you can get over the crusade mechanics.

I really want to start WotR, but a bit worried about the time commitment haha! from what I’ve read, I’m looking at 80+ hours?

I will get to it, just need to find the right time to start!

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I really want to start WotR, but a bit worried about the time commitment haha! from what I’ve read, I’m looking at 80+ hours?

I will get to it, just need to find the right time to start!

I would say it's more like 100-120+ hours, if not more. It's a huge game, similar to DOS2.

Reactions: flyersnorth

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
I see a lot of people complain about the combat that it’s like some weird boxing simulator. Haven’t played it what are your thoughts?

It is different, it might look like Dead Space, but thus far it is much more melee than shooter, and there is a dodge involved in the melee'ing that is not far from a feint in boxing so I can kind of see the comparison, I have also found myself hitting a button for the "roll dodge" found in so many games that is not in this one that leads to me taking some damage

I like it so far, I don't think it is going to be a masterpiece or in contention for any GOTY awards but its been an enjoyable experience so far

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Was reading some top 100 list and noticed Inside and it looked interesting so I looked to see how much it was on PSN and it's actually on the Plus Extra tier that I started a month ago (and that has already paid for itself within that month), pretty good game so far, I like the puzzle/platforming and that you have no idea why this kid is running. Interesting game
Try Limbo, it came before Inside and I think it's better.

Jovavic

Concept of a Plan
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Try Limbo, it came before Inside and I think it's better.
I will get to Limbo. I played, and beat, Little Nightmares yesterday as I read it's close to the puzzle platforming found in Inside and it was also enjoyable but not as good as Inside, it being 3D threw me a bit lol

Ishin comes out on 2/21 so I'm trying to fill in that with some games I normally wouldn't play and the Plus Extra tier has a bunch, so I started Spiderman and it's surprisingly fun, I normally don't care for superhero anything.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Dead Space remake is legit. Get the same feeling of unease and nervousness slowly stomping around the Ishimura as I did so many years ago... and it looks so good.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I've been playing Shadow Warrior Classic Redux, the enhanced version of the 1997 shooter that's a lot like Duke Nukem 3D, but with a wisecracking Chinese guy named Lo Wang. Actually, I just finished the main campaign, but have the two expansions to go. I'm enjoying it. I started a bit lukewarm on it, but it's grown on me and something that made a big difference was replacing the source port. The included one is not very smooth and has a misaligned crosshair. About halfway through the campaign, I decided to see if a newer source port would work and fix those things and settled on Raze, which is based on GZDoom. It made the game more enjoyable because I was no longer fighting the engine. I wish that I'd downloaded it earlier. If you play Shadow Warrior Classic Redux and you're on PC, I highly recommend using Raze or another source port instead of the included one. In fact, you could probably even use one of them with the free version of Shadow Warrior on GOG (no need to pay for the Redux's source port if you're just going to replace it, after all). Anyways, it's a fun game. After I finish the expansions, I'll eventually give the 2013 re-imagining a shot, since that's supposed to be good, as well, assuming that I still want some Wang.

Last edited:

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Messing with Diablo 3 in anticipation of D4. I never really dove deep in the endgame, but now I’m regretting it. I think I’m going to start a new hardcore character and go for the platinum. They’re pretty much the only trophies I have left.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Playing through Spiderman, should I bother with the three part DLC or should I just go to Miles Morales once I finish it?
Miles Morales is pretty short compared to the first Spider-man game by Insomniac. If you are enjoying Spider-Man, I'd say play the 3 DLCs. They add to the story. Although, I think I got every trophy in that game outside of one of the Screwball challenges in one of the DLCs. I'd def recommend beating the DLCs and then going on to Miles, just maybe not losing your mind trying to get every trophy before moving on.

I don't know if you've played Uncharted 4 and Uncharted: The Lost Legacy. But, Spider-Man is like Uncharted 4 in length, Miles Morales is like The Lost Legacy in length.

Reactions: Jovavic

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Messing with Diablo 3 in anticipation of D4. I never really dove deep in the endgame, but now I’m regretting it. I think I’m going to start a new hardcore character and go for the platinum. They’re pretty much the only trophies I have left.

Any reason to play Diablo 3 is a good reason.

Reactions: 542365

Jovavic

Concept of a Plan
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Miles Morales is pretty short compared to the first Spider-man game by Insomniac. If you are enjoying Spider-Man, I'd say play the 3 DLCs. They add to the story. Although, I think I got every trophy in that game outside of one of the Screwball challenges in one of the DLCs. I'd def recommend beating the DLCs and then going on to Miles, just maybe not losing your mind trying to get every trophy before moving on.

I don't know if you've played Uncharted 4 and Uncharted: The Lost Legacy. But, Spider-Man is like Uncharted 4 in length, Miles Morales is like The Lost Legacy in length.
Thanks for the reply. I'm not a trophy hound lol, I stick to the extra stuff I like doing (the lab puzzles, landmark photos, research labs) and just totally ignore the other stuff (demon/sable/Fisk bases, most random crime). I think I'll have enough time to play the DLC and finish Miles, Ishin comes out in three weeks and I average about ten hours of game time a week so it should be fine.

SimGrindcore

Mar 16, 2021
www.facebook.com
161 hours in Cyberpunk 2077 and I'm starting to feel the completionist fatigue. I have cleared all the map from NCPD gigs, side gigs, cyberpsychos and side quests. I'm at the finals missions which I have to do 4 times to get all secret achievements for the different endings. Please God help me ahahahah!

Last edited:

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I will get to Limbo. I played, and beat, Little Nightmares yesterday as I read it's close to the puzzle platforming found in Inside and it was also enjoyable but not as good as Inside, it being 3D threw me a bit lol
Yeah, comparisons always get drawn, but I don't think Little Nightmares is in the same tier as either of them, personally. That one's kind of just a fun accessible thing with nothing particularly special about it, IMO.

I'd take Inside over Limbo, but they're both great and thoughtful/mysterious (Limbo's more challenging but less polished-- Inside's more of a smooth and perfectly considered ride where nobody's likely to get too stuck on any puzzle for very long, but it's designed in just the right way to trip you up for a second and make you feel stupid for not catching it right away).

Last edited:

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Finally started Nioh 2 this week. This game is....involved. Even within the first few levels, I have multiples of several different weapons, armor, and special abilities (I believed called soul cores) all with different levels and special effects. There's a different skill tree for each weapon, ninja skills, transformed skills. Different attributes to level up. I just unlocked the blacksmith and now I can I guess combine different stuff together to level up all the weapons/armor/soul cores, switch out the special effects, break it down into materials? It's all very RPG-y. I guess people like putting together their build, but the reason Sekiro is my favorite game is because of how streamlined all this stuff is. A basic skill tree and a basic prosthetic arts tree and that's it. You spend more time actually playing than staring at menu screens overwhelmed.

The combat though is very good. Level design is OK, too, but seems a little more video game-y than FromSoft. I'm going to stick with it, but I hope this stuff doesn't reallllly matter and I can get through it without having to research how to optimize my build.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad