Games you are currently playing - Part 7

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
Currently playing Saints Row reboot.

6.5/10

while it has the Saints Row feel, it lacks that something special to put it over the top. I know some fans of he series has issues with the use of all new characters, but I didn’t mind them. I did have some issues with the driving controls, particularly the lack of effective brakes. Loved the LARP missions though.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
I played Battlefield 2042 for an extended period since launch today.

Battlefield is in a REALLY good place now. This is the game that everyone wanted at launch. Plus you can create your own public/private servers and it stays up after you log off. I had a lot of fun with it.

Currently playing Saints Row reboot.

6.5/10

while it has the Saints Row feel, it lacks that something special to put it over the top. I know some fans of he series has issues with the use of all new characters, but I didn’t mind them. I did have some issues with the driving controls, particularly the lack of effective brakes. Loved the LARP missions though.
The LARP missions were some of the best written parts of the game. I had a girlfriend who did this kind of stuff and they nailed it. I just love that it’s just a smart ass attitude in the game across the board.

I loved the insurance fraud stuff but you’re right on the money about the cars. I don’t use them unless I have to.

These are my go to modes of transportation.

SimGrindcore

Mar 16, 2021
www.facebook.com
3 hours in Resident Evil 2 Remake. I have to say that it's not my favorite type of game. But I must admit that I love the atmosphere and it makes me feel like I'm watching Welcome to Racoon City for a second time.

Next game's gonna be Gardians of the Galaxy. I heard it's a nice game.

Last edited:

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I still have my GB versions of Tetris and my original GBs. I used to play the GB version of Tetris every day on my GBA SP for about 3 years. Got real f***ing good at it.

My geezer eyes can't handle the original game boy anymore. I do have one still in our basement to confuse my son when he's old enough to start playing himself.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
My geezer eyes can't handle the original game boy anymore. I do have one still in our basement to confuse my son when he's old enough to start playing himself.

I need to de-yellow the shit out of both of the ones I have (mine and my brother's). I've only ever gotten rid of 2 systems in my life. Traded in my GBC for a GBA SP and I gifted my PS4 (got the PS4 Pro) to my friend who didn't have one.

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Just picked it up from my local gamestop. No need to pre-order I guess bc they had 10 or so left.

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
Got the girlfriend Hogwarts Legacy so I will let her play it before I give it a go.

For myself, just picked up Yakuza: Like a Dragon for real cheap. My first foray into the series and I’m loving it. Feels like a real video game in the sense that it’s arcadey and doesn’t take itself serious all of the time. Really enjoying it

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire. Loving it!

Marvel's Midnight Suns. Only a few hours in, and it seems ok so far. Not great, not bad.

Reactions: Andrei79

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Got the girlfriend Hogwarts Legacy so I will let her play it before I give it a go.

For myself, just picked up Yakuza: Like a Dragon for real cheap. My first foray into the series and I’m loving it. Feels like a real video game in the sense that it’s arcadey and doesn’t take itself serious all of the time. Really enjoying it
Yakuza: LAD is a super fun game. I'm anxiously waiting for the follow up.

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
How does it compare to DOS2?
Favourably, I’d say.

A few notable differences:

- Classes are a bit stricter in PoE2. By that I mean DOS2 is more about blending whichever abilities you want (pyromancy, aerothurge, etc) for your build, as long as you meet the base stat requirement (str, dex, etc). So the possibilities are endless in that system. PoE2 limits you to your class abilities. You can multi class but you lose access to the highest tier of abilities for each of your classes.

- I chose turn-based combat but you can also choose RTwP. I am really happy they added this feature.

- The medieval pirate theme is a nice change from the fantasy world of DOS2. I find the story more relatable.

- Combat is not as fun as DOS2 so far. I’m only in the first half of the game but I don’t find it is satisfying as the scorched battlefields after an epic fight in DOS2! Maybe it’s better in RTwP?

In a nutshell, though, it’s near the top of the list of best CRPGs.

Like I’m sure Wrath of the Righteous is! I swear I’ll get to it eventually!

Reactions: Andrei79

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
Oh, Pillars of Eternity 2 has Turn Based Combat? I can't get used to RTwP in the first one and never finished it as a result. I remember enjoying the world and story. I might have to give PoE2 a shot if there's turn based combat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad