Games you are currently playing - Part 7

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I think i'll check it out for at least a couple of hours. PS plus game at one point so no loss in starting.
Just to warn you: the game has a seriously long prologue--about 8 hours long if you don't skip the cutscenes--in which you pretty much have to go where and do what you're told in order to set up the story. After that, the game opens up and you can go anywhere and do anything that you want, like your usual open-world RPG. If you stop after only a couple of hours, you may not get a true sense of the game. You may want to count on giving it 9 or 10 hours. If you're unsure if you want to commit that much time, you might look up YouTube videos of later gameplay to see if it appeals to you first.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jovavic

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Just to warn you: the game has a seriously long prologue--about 8 hours long if you don't skip the cutscenes--in which you pretty much have to go and do what you're told in order to set up the story. After that, the game opens up and you can go and do anything you that want, like your usual open-world RPG. If you stop after only a couple of hours, you won't get a true sense of the game, so, you may want to count on giving it 9 or 10 hours. If you're unsure if you want to commit that much time, you might look up YouTube videos of later gameplay to see if it appeals to you first.
I have made it through some long tutorials, the Xenoblade games instantly come to mind. I get the sense those are more 'hands on' though.

I'll do a little more digging and see if I want to commit.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
I tried it but for me, a lot of these horror games with no combat just feel like hide and seek games to me. I understand that making you weak and defenseless adds to tension but it just doesn't do it for me. I wouldn't mind trying Amnesia: The Bunker because I know you at least get a gun in that one.
I picked up Amnesia: The Bunker because it's part of a Fanatical bundle right now and I was wrong, it was still not for me... It's so rare for me to find a horror game I enjoy.

I also played a few hours of Miasma Chronicles and ended up giving up on that too. That was made by the same team as Mutant Year Zero which I really enjoyed. This one just has really uninspired combat and the balance is way off. It feels like they focused too much on making a good looking world and forgot about making the game fun to play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad