GDT: Game #XII | Seattle Kraken vs Pittsburgh Penguins | 11/5/22 7:00 PM EST | The Beast Has Come East

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I don't agree that Sully is some kinda "in over his head" dunce a la Johnston or Bylsma. He's just an egomaniac and stubborn to a spiteful degree. Different kinds of coaches, but I mean, when the end result is pretty much the same, it kinda doesn't really f***ing matter. :laugh:

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
If they win.... and lets dream here.... win convincingly. Does that lighten things up or... say they win here and shite the bed next game... back to square one I'd say.
Two wins would clear some way... at least pretend they may be past this..

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Pens just don;t have it right now. things change and if they lose at home to this team, I expect the old players only meeting that tends to come right before the coach being fired. Sully was the solution for a much younger faster team in 2016. He is the issue now. But with 4 years left after this year, can't see Hextall selling anything to new ownership after they wanted him and signed him. The only option is to trade Sully which is rare but maybe someone will buy his stuff. Hell Bylsma got another job.

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
If they win.... and lets dream here.... win convincingly. Does that lighten things up or... say they win here and shite the bed next game... back to square one I'd say.
Two wins would clear some way... at least pretend they may be passed this..
Yup. One win changes nothing. If they can follow it up with more playing the right way, then maybe we can turn the heat down on Sullivan/Hextall/players. Maybe.

Reactions: LOGiK

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Yup. One win changes nothing. If they can follow it up with more playing the right way, then maybe we can turn the heat down on Sullivan/Hextall/players. Maybe.
I had to correct passed to past..
was bothering me too much.

Yeah. I can see if they win being all lackadaisical next go.
So... I mean... that is even IF they win tonight.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I love how Malkin is trying his "play even harder while the team is floundering under a dunce coach" routine but he's old AF now so he mostly just does something dumb and gift wraps the puck for the other team. Goals you set up for the opposition don't count toward Geno's Kids. Maybe he is confused on this point.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I don't agree that Sully is some kinda "in over his head" dunce a la Johnston or Bylsma. He's just an egomaniac and stubborn to a spiteful degree. Different kinds of coaches, but I mean, when the end result is pretty much the same, it kinda doesn't really f***ing matter. :laugh:
Been seeing this being said about him since 19...
Honestly I'm completely amazed he's still here.... let alone re-signed.

Now... he may be good to carry a young'un squad post sid/geno/tang... but that is a ways away....

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Been seeing this being said about him since 19...
Honestly I'm completely amazed he's still here.... let alone re-signed.

Now... he may be good to carry a young'un squad post sid/geno/tang... but that is a ways away....
I'm pretty much the opposite in that regard. I physically recoil at the thought of Sully, and his adoration of guys like ZAR and Simon, being in charge of handling the growth and development of the next crop of high picks and skilled prospects.

Absolutely no thanks. Let him coach out the rest of the era, I don't really care. He's not stopping some juggernaut team with Cup potential from doing their thing, even if he's not helping things. But I definitely do not want him handling the next chapter.

• Wow

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I'm pretty much the opposite in that regard. I physically recoil at the thought of Sully, and his adoration of guys like ZAR and Simon, being in charge of handling the growth and development of the next crop of high picks and skilled prospects.

Absolutely no thanks. Let him coach out the rest of the era, I don't really care. He's not stopping some juggernaut team with Cup potential from doing their thing, even if he's not helping things. But I definitely do not want him handling the next chapter.

I used to defend the guy and how he handled younger players. And to be fair there are worse. But I think the first batch that he won B2B with were simply "his guys" and every example since then seems to have been kinda botched. So....

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007

Oh yeah... woa let me back that up.... haha
Yeah... I meant 'good to head a bunch of young'un nobody's... misfits... 2002 level of endicott... dome... and et al... '
High pick high talent impressionable youths .... stay the hell away from please!!!
Thanking youuuu

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Why no Blue!? 😡
FFS

I will say, the Kraken mascot is at least a really dumb concept and looks horrible.

So, Iceburgh has gotten us a bit of a win already

FeB_HIYX0AEg-AM

I mean, come on. Go with some real seafaring lore or hell try to incorporate pacific northwest native peoples....

But this stupid troll related to an art installation under a bridge? GTFOH
This looks like a first generation Xbox platforming game protagonist.

Mike Sullivan has put himself in a cocoon the last few years and has triumphantly emerged from his chrysalis as some kind of horrific hybrid of Mike Johnston and Dan Bylsma. Isn't nature as beautiful as it is mysterious?
Post of the year, ladies and gents.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Pens just don;t have it right now. things change and if they lose at home to this team, I expect the old players only meeting that tends to come right before the coach being fired. Sully was the solution for a much younger faster team in 2016. He is the issue now. But with 4 years left after this year, can't see Hextall selling anything to new ownership after they wanted him and signed him. The only option is to trade Sully which is rare but maybe someone will buy his stuff. Hell Bylsma got another job.
Bylsma was 252-117-32 (.668) here. That's better than Sullivan's .635. He also had a Cup and won 7 rounds.
Of course he got another job.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Bylsma was 252-117-32 (.668) here. That's a higher point % than Sullivan with Pitt (.635). He also had a Cup and won 7 rounds.
Of course he got another job.
Pixies could of been head coach with a primo sid geno everyone else and landed that record.
Whats DD's record outside of a stacked up powerhouse?
or are you being sarcastic?

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Pixies could of been head coach with a primo sid geno everyone else and landed that record.
Whats DD's record outside of a stacked up powerhouse?
or are you being sarcastic?
Then why has Edmonton struggled so much with prime McDavid and Draisaitl? Wasn't long ago that playoffs weren't a given.

What about the year Sid and Geno were both out for over half of it and the Pens still got 106 points? DB got the Jack Adams for that one.
I remember him using the same players as Therrien after he got canned and going 18-3-4 when he got the job to get us into the playoffs.

Yeah he wasn't perfect, but we've had far worse coaches in this organization. The way he gets mocked here is totally overblown.

Besides, a lot of these Sullivan teams have had better depth on paper than those Bylsma teams.

Bylsma era:
1667672039537.png

------------------------------------------------------
Sullivan era:
1667672096942.png

Malkin's output is similar. Sid produced like 18% more. Big whoop. Hardly enough to carry a coach with that differential when the wingers and blue lines are worse.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Then why has Edmonton struggled so much with prime McDavid and Draisaitl? Wasn't long ago that playoffs weren't a given.

What about the year Sid and Geno were both out for over half of it and the Pens still got 106 points? DB got the Jack Adams for that one.
I remember him using the same players as Therrien after he got canned and going 18-3-4 when he got the job to get us into the playoffs.

Yeah he wasn't perfect, but we've had far worse coaches in this organization. The way he gets mocked here is totally overblown.

Besides, a lot of these Sullivan teams have had better depth on paper than those Bylsma teams.

Bylsma era:
View attachment 603665
------------------------------------------------------
Sullivan era:
View attachment 603666

Malkin's output is similar. Sid produced like 18% more. Big whoop. Hardly enough to carry a coach with that differential when the wingers and blue lines are worse.
I can't put that much effort into it. So I'll concede.
I will say the Penguins were probably so relieved to be free of iron-fist Therrien.
Better teams? Better roster? Commitment to win? Too far back to remember, too little care to research and I have no idea about Edmonton. Don't watch them... don't follow them... never have.
If DD was so great... he'd be doing big things. He isn't. He won't be.

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
I can't put that much effort into it. So I'll concede.
I will say the Penguins were probably so relieved to be free of iron-fist Therrien.
Better teams? Better roster? Commitment to win? Too far back to remember, too little care to do so and I have no idea about Edmonton. Don't watch them... don't follow them... never have.
If DD was so great... he'd be doing big things. He isn't. He won't be.
All I'm saying is there's a tendency in fan bases to take the last season/playoffs with players and coaches and re-write history to match their negative emotions.
It's already happening with Sullivan. Suddenly he's a bad coach in many people's eyes, even though he pulls out 100+ point seasons with ridiculous injury lists. I'm not happy with some of his lineup decisions either, but there's way more to coaching than that.

Edmonton's had McDavid for 7 seasons. They've missed the playoffs 3 times, lost in a qualifier, got swept in R1 and won 3 Rounds total. Swept again vs Colorado recently.

Fans like to think of NHL star Forwards in similar terms to basketball stars, but their influence on the game isn't even close to the same. LeBron plays like 90% of games (?) and orchestrates almost all attacks. McDavid and Drai can only do so much with their 22 minutes, much of which could be spent defending. They need help.

Last edited:

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I will say, the Kraken mascot is at least a really dumb concept and looks horrible.

So, Iceburgh has gotten us a bit of a win already

FeB_HIYX0AEg-AM

I mean, come on. Go with some real seafaring lore or hell try to incorporate pacific northwest native peoples....

But this stupid troll related to an art installation under a bridge? GTFOH

Release the Kraken.....!

4ZRSc0n.gif

• Haha
Reactions: BusinessGoose

Lemieuxfan

Oct 12, 2006
Cologne
I know it is OT, but I would love to get a reply here.

I just ordered that jersey: Men's Pittsburgh Penguins adidas Black Home Primegreen Authentic Pro Custom Jersey

custom with my name on it.

I also wanted to get a away jersey with my name on it, but the only one I could find was: Men's Pittsburgh Penguins adidas White Authentic Custom Jersey

but that white jersey is from 2017 if I'm not completly wrong, because of that adidas patch.

The new jsersey is also called "primegreen". I think that the new one has also a morge orange "gold" than the previous jersey.

So my question is: is it really impossible to buy the away jersey with the own name on it? If there's a serious shop selling those, please send me a link.

Question 2: Is that yellow different from the "primegreen" one?

I was so frustrated that I just bought the white one with #87 Men's Pittsburgh Penguins Sidney Crosby adidas White Away Captain Patch Primegreen Authentic Pro Player Jersey but maybe I would return that if I could get the one with my name on it.

Thanks so much!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad