Post-Game Talk: Game V Pens win: Geno is so score

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Guarantee he's on L3 within a few games for no apparent reason.

On one hand I'd hate it because I really like the mix of the O'Connor-Eller-Puljujarvi line. On the other hand, I also think O'Connor on L2 could be a nice spark for Malkin at 5v5 and the demotion may wake up Bunting.

Sullivan has made plenty of dumber moves than that would be IMO.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
Look at that majestic purple bar for Petts

1729131550815.png

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
While I know that holding long-term grudges against stupidity is not healthy, I still can't help wonder, every time Geno does something so perfectly Geno, if David Backes and TJ Oshie could have done it better or faster or, I dunno, in a way that was maybe less Russian.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
On one hand I'd hate it because I really like the mix of the O'Connor-Eller-Puljujarvi line. On the other hand, I also think O'Connor on L2 could be a nice spark for Malkin at 5v5 and the demotion may wake up Bunting.

Yeah that's why it would be..

DOC - Crosby - Rust
Beau - Malkin - Rakell

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012

Doc should be with Geno. Bunting should be with Sid. Beauvillier should be on bumble hoping he can trick Anna Kendrick into swiping on his ass while being on another team.

spcastlemagic

Jul 3, 2006
Look at that majestic purple bar for Petts

View attachment 917550

So okay with Graves turning in games where the bars look like this tbh

While I know that holding long-term grudges against stupidity is not healthy, I still can't help wonder, every time Geno does something so perfectly Geno, if David Backes and TJ Oshie could have done it better or faster or, I dunno, in a way that was maybe less Russian.

My girlfriend let me rant about the glory of Geno for 10 straight minutes, going on and on about how’s he underrated and under appreciated , I figured it all comes down to being left off the top 100 list and my general disgust with the English-speaking Canadian bias in hockey media, better than any breakthrough I’ve had in therapy

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I said in the GDT but this was a game last year that they would have gotten 0 points out of.

To instead find a way to get at least a point out of this and get the extra one to boot is massive. This was a game last year they would have found a way to get nothing out of.

Cool to see the powerplay start clicking as well. And beyond fortunate to have been able to watch Geno play out his career here. What a legend.

As Mike Lange used to say if you missed this one shame on you for six weeks.

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
My girlfriend let me rant about the glory of Geno for 10 straight minutes, going on and on about how’s he underrated and under appreciated , I figured it all comes down to being left off the top 100 list and my general disgust with the English-speaking Canadian bias in hockey media, better than any breakthrough I’ve had in therapy
1729132094305.png

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Obvious things have been said. Just want to add that it´s critical for this team to have Rust back and playing well. This game was a big step forward for him.

Letang and Karlsson with some shocking moments, at least Karlsson kinda compensated it.

Beauvillier really doesn´t belong there. Obviously DOC is a better option but maybe they don´t want to break that 3rd line. Maybe Hayes instead of Beauvillier? I feel like Hayes deserves better than Acciari and Glass so far. Nothing to lose there with that switch, imo.

Reactions: Lustaf

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Tristan Jarry as a starting Goaltenderpretender:
d77e414c89d2a74fc9f585b79cfb9eae.gif

He probably thinks he's Brodeur, Turco, or Barrasso when it comes to handling the puck.
With his choking/loser mentality, all he handled was the series over to the Isles.

Ned/Joel are more than capable of carrying this team along for some magic playoff carpet ride.
If not/injured, trade for Matt Murray, his dirt cheap stock is better than TJ's overpaid ass at this point.
You know we have a lot of dumb ass takes but to insinuate he thinks this is fine and that he's thinking he's so and so is absolutely f***ing idiotic. Jarry isn't good right now and needs to figure it the f*** out and hopefully that's in wbs rather than the big club, but the rest of these shit takes is why I push back so hard and then dumb :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: think I'm some Jarry apologist when I've literally mentioned he shouldn't be playing and other shit.

But this f***ed up made up idiocy, yeah f*** right off with that. At the end of the day they are normal blokes like you and I. Not performing well and hearing it is something he's very aware of and to make up dumb shit is just the lowest common denominator - always makes me understand why other fans think Pens fans are shitty when I read stuff like this.

All anyone has to say, which is the truth - is Blomqvist should be the starter, Jarry shouldn't be playing until he's worked out his issues and to me that is in wbs and they should call up Larsson. But the other shit is personal attacks to a player none of us know. That's absolutely pathetic behavior and people should get called out for that stupid sort of stuff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad