tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
1000002544.jpg

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
  • Blomqvist is life.
  • Jarry should be in wbs until he knows what he did.
  • Sullivan should be shot out of a cannon into P Diddys generously lubed turd cutter, he can freak off this franchise.
  • Karlsson with the sweet dish to Sid. Almost makes up for a disastrous game by him. Almost.
  • I heart Geno. I'll always go to bat for Geno, just a treat to see how f***ing awesome he is.
  • Sid with the goal finally, about time Sid. Also Raks with a nice one.
  • Good battle back off the momentum of Joel. Just so many beast mode saves but the defensive collapses are just too f***ing much.
  • This team is going to get murdered by Carolina so let's enjoy this push back of a game. Because the next 3 could be bad.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I was planning to watch on delay, to find out it was another Turner game that Fubo didn't have. F****g boo.

Geno is having another terrific start, and to score 500 from being the guy whose Russian death metal YouTube vid I binged hard to a top player of all time is wild. Half my life the guy has been here.

Jarry - 3 in 5 is indefensible. Blom looked good in the game I saw and Ned is fine. Send Jarry to a psychologist, whatever. He is hurting us. Take him away.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Posting this here too since Zirak has no clue how threads or time work:

First full game I've watched this season. And I barely watched last season from January on.

+ battling through that 3-1 start
+ Blomqvist
+ milestones for Sid & Geno
+ MalKing straight up feeling it this season
+ 3rd line
+ 4th line looks way more competent although expensive
+ tying it up with 46s left
+ Graves with the least amount of minutes on D
+ OT PP

= Graves looks better?
= PP looks better but still isn't good given the Hall of Fame personnel

- Jarry obviously
- Karlsson
- Bunting quitting when he needs to keep the motor going
- blowing the lead in the 3rd
- JSI looked to be way out of position this game

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Not too much to dwell on, but I do want to reiterate the point about what they do with the goalie situation. Blomqvist is playing very well and Jarry has been terrible, to the point where sending Blomqvist down once Nedjelkovic gets back is a horrendous look for the Penguins. I don't see the justification for not running with Nedjelkovic and Jarry, but I also don't really know how they can realistically do that.

It's either run with 3 goalies or trade/waive Jarry, where the second option seems super unrealistic and the first option seems silly. Super curious for what they decide to do. In a perfect world, I think they dump Jarry for an ugly defenseman contract and just run with Nedjelkovic and Blomqvist.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
@BigEezyE22 the difference is TV time outs vs ads. NFL has to have one near the end of the quarters as a "TV timeout" while commercials will run while the game is still playing.

The NHL I believe has about 4 per period. I'll find the info and quote it.

Edit you're right - 3 per period. That's still 9 per game that stops flow of the game but can benefit a team if they know how it's timed.

NFL is supposed to have 8. But only 2 are mandatory while 6 are optional so you never see as many and in some games you'll see the in picture game with the ad as an option.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Geno leading the league with 10 points in 5 games. Safe to say, that wasnt on anyone's bingo card this season

He started off super hot last year, too. Hopefully he can keep it up to some degree. I'll be optimistic and say he looks stronger this year and I think his overall linemate situation is better.

EDIT: lol I think I was a little late on the 11 points thing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad