Grub's Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Hockey Starts Now

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
No need to butt clench the Zadorov decision. A better player and opportunity will open up for us. They took a patience approach and we all nodded our heads and agreed that was the right decision. If you're now questioning that decision just give it a bit more time.

Reactions: im gangster

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon
No need to butt clench the Zadorov decision. A better player and opportunity will open up for us. They took a patience approach and we all nodded our heads and agreed that was the right decision. If you're now questioning that decision just give it a bit more time.
Agreed. His money will be better spent elsewhere. I'm taking the long term approach.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
From what I've read Boston fans are getting annoyed by all his penalties. :laugh:

PIMs in all 5 games he's played for them, including tonight.

LemonSauceD

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Speak for youself.

He’s carried his playoff performance with the Bruins so far.

I would’ve easily paid him $5M or whatever rather than spend $6.675M on Forbort, Desharnais, Sprong and Heinen. $9.675M if you add Myers (3 year NMC term is so f***ing gross).

He’s very clearly evolved his game to be a #4 defenseman. He has his warts sure, but every #4’s have them, and he would be a #4 on a lot of playoff teams, let alone bottom dwellers, and a luxury piece on the bottom pair.

Meanwhile we have a revolving door of Forbort, Desharnais, Juulsen, on our bottom pair and Soucy/Myers soaking up top 4 minutes.

Allvin so far is looking like 30/70 on his UFA signings.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
So Brannstrom recalled after only two games in the AHL.

Surest sign yet that Tocchet isn't happy with his blueline. If they thought that much of Brannstrom, it's hard to square it with the fact they put him on waivers and he could have been snapped up by 31 other teams around the NHL.

But I guess with expectations being so low, it won't take much for him to come in and 'exceed them'.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Apparently Ian Cole has been pretty bad for Utah. Would be funny if the Canucks circle back and flip Forbort for him (50%) at some point, salaries would almost balance out.

Tinhorn1

Aug 7, 2007
Speak for youself.

He’s carried his playoff performance with the Bruins so far.

I would’ve easily paid him $5M or whatever rather than spend $6.675M on Forbort, Desharnais, Sprong and Heinen. $9.675M if you add Myers (3 year NMC term is so f***ing gross).

He’s very clearly evolved his game to be a #4 defenseman. He has his warts sure, but every #4’s have them, and he would be a #4 on a lot of playoff teams, let alone bottom dwellers, and a luxury piece on the bottom pair.

Meanwhile we have a revolving door of Forbort, Desharnais, Juulsen, on our bottom pair and Soucy/Myers soaking up top 4 minutes.

Allvin so far is looking like 30/70 on his UFA signings.
Every one of those contracts minus the Myers one is gone after two years. Zadorov's contract is six. You're talking about different things. And by the way, we're three games into the season. We know nothing yet. Nothing.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Apparently Ian Cole has been pretty bad for Utah. Would be funny if the Canucks circle back and flip Forbort for him (50%) at some point, salaries would almost balance out.
We saw Cole vs EDM, and he's not getting any younger.

Neither guy is the answer. We need a real upgrade.

Reactions: oceanchild

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
this team benefited last year from a great shooting percentage and great goaltending. I think they did well to improve speed and also position themselves to improve shot volume to reduce the reliance on PDO. But, I think they could have focused on deepening the defensive group and building from the net out. I like the Debrusk signing the most form the signings but think we should have focused on a dman. I also think we blew the budget last year on Lindholm and it restricts what we can do this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad