GDT: Game V Pens vs Swords: Can we make it 2 in a row?

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
At this point I think you can reasonably argue that Dubas' decision to re-sign Jarry was the final nail in this team's coffin to ever making the playoffs again.

They're toast.
Why "process" can never be the be all end all. Yea that summer his numbers for that cap hit was the best option. What didn't figure in the data was how he was a choke artist who had zero dog in him.

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
At this point it does kinda feel like I'm picking on the guy... that ugly contract isn't his fault... the team in front of him isn't his fault... etc. But man... they really just have to part ways with Tristan Jarry ASAP for the sake of everyone.

I will never forget how many people dismissed the Jarry signing as "what other choice do they have?" when it was very obviously a massive stretch and I think that's being very charitable.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
I think the other big indictment of Jarry besides his actual (piss poor) play is this team clearly hates playing in front of him

Typically hate making sweeping generalizations like that but it’s painfully obvious

Reactions: reino and Turin

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
I think the other big indictment of Jarry besides his actual (piss poor) play is this team clearly hates playing in front of him

Typically hate making sweeping generalizations like that but it’s painfully obvious
Bro quit on the team last year.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
At this point it does kinda feel like I'm picking on the guy... that ugly contract isn't his fault... the team in front of him isn't his fault... etc. But man... they really just have to part ways with Tristan Jarry ASAP for the sake of everyone.

I will never forget how many people dismissed the Jarry signing as "what other choice do they have?" when it was very obviously a massive stretch and I think that's being very charitable.
You can’t just part ways with him though if he’s playing like this. The Penguins aren’t in a position as a team to waste assets to get rid of his contract unless they find another awful contract coming back.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019

Counterpoint

1729121785711.png

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Man, they just kind of brushed over 1,600 didn’t they?

Leave it to Jarry...

You can’t just part ways with him though if he’s playing like this. The Penguins aren’t in a position as a team to waste assets to get rid of his contract unless they find another awful contract coming back.

Then you waive him. It's an extreme solution but they can't carry on like this even if the stated intention for this season is to rebuild.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Well the Sabres have 3 goals. The first was on Jarry

Then he needs to save at least one of the next two (truthfully like 8/10 or more. Less is untenable. Even elite teams give up odd man rushes)
He's obviously hearing the chirping from the fans., Sully should have avoided playing him at home for a month and let him work his nerves out. All goalies battle this at times during their career; Jarry is simply more susceptible to this due to his natural streakiness.

This coming from someone didn't want him resigned.

Sideline

May 23, 2004

I was in favor of pay up to get Hellebuyck and now want Ned and Blomquist running with the net at this point, but Jarry's UFA year really was one of the worst goalie markets ever. Korpisalo was the 2nd best choice...

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I was in favor of pay up to get Hellebuyck and now want Ned and Blomquist running with the net at this point, but Jarry's UFA year really was one of the worst goalie markets ever. Korpisalo was the 2nd best choice...

Oh well. They're goaltenders. Figure it out for a year to bridge the gap. Giving Tristan Jarry 5 years was madness.

Reactions: Sideline

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad