GDT: Game V Pens vs Swords: Can we make it 2 in a row?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
PIRATES FAN RAGE.gif

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
If it’s to rebuild, his current play is going to help us rebuild very quickly.

I don't think the situation with Jarry is good for the room at all and I certainly don't think it's good for Jarry.

I know you guys are in a hurry to suck and all that. I won't even begrudge ya'll for how you choose to enjoy the team. But I dunno... I want them to win.

LiffLaff

Crazy? Me?
Feb 22, 2010
Vardal
The D looks horrible again, Petterson honestly looks like a completely different player from last year, and Beau has no business on the first line. Fourth line is playing decent hockey right now though which is encouraging at least. Blomquist allso looks like he belongs.
And congrats to Sid on 1600, true legend. Hoping Malkin can get his goal in this one as well.

Oh, and Jarry should be sent straight to the AHL when Ned gets healthy, either he gets claimed (riiiight) or he can try to salvage some sort of confidence against lesser opposition.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
We get it. Jarry isn't good right now. He can be good so I'm not gonna act like he's been awful his entire tenure like most are acting like he's been. But a goalie that is damn good at handling the puck, the moment he fumbled that you pull him. That's always going to snowball into something worse.

Like I said, Joel should have started this one. Jarry should have had work with Chiodo after the Habs game not be thrown in for a second game. This is a goalie that has absolutely no confidence.

Invalid cuz QoC

Jan 30, 2017
I’d like to see some renewed vigor from the team from the puck drop from in the second. There must be a sense of relief knowing Jarry will never see the net again.

Reactions: canadianguy77

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
The TNT panel doing a 5-minute segment on Jarry fumbling the puck :laugh:
Remember when he was still coming up through the organization and we heard nonstop that he's phenomenal at playing the puck, then in his first and only real playoff showing, he biffed the series with multiple egregious errors handling the puck? :laugh:

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
It's crazy how you can literally throw away an entire Cup contending (the last one, probably) season like Jarry did in 2021, proceed to get benched for quitting on the team 3 years later, and then you STILL get yet another chance to fail the next season. Anything is possible folks, chase your dreams.

spcastlemagic

Jul 3, 2006
Jarry’s weird. He was so technically sound but had a penchant for giving up untimely goals a few years back. He has regressed every single year… all that’s left are the Jarry meme goals. First shots of games, last shot of period, immediately after we score? He’s gonna give one up and at this point do nothing good in between.

It sucks cause I like how he battled in the third last game, was hoping it could be a turning point. But you can’t let this guy play games for the Pens anymore.

Reactions: Lustaf and Sideline

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I’d like to see some renewed vigor from the team from the puck drop from in the second. There must be a sense of relief knowing Jarry will never see the net again.
Jarry's gonna be right back in the net after Blom or Ned have a shaky game.

He's not going anywhere imo. People are high if they think he's never playing again for this team.

Reactions: Dipsy Doodle

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
It's crazy how you can literally throw away an entire Cup contending (the last one, probably) season like Jarry did in 2021, proceed to get benched for quitting on the team 3 years later, and then you STILL get yet another chance to fail the next season. Anything is possible folks, chase your dreams.

It's incredible how many f***s this team lost over the years. When did it happen? When JR took his ball and left?

The Pittsburgh Penguins -- propping up head coaches and goaltenders. Surely the two most crucial ingredients in today's NHL success stories.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
We get it. Jarry isn't good right now. He can be good so I'm not gonna act like he's been awful his entire tenure like most are acting like he's been. But a goalie that is damn good at handling the puck, the moment he fumbled that you pull him. That's always going to snowball into something worse.

Like I said, Joel should have started this one. Jarry should have had work with Chiodo after the Habs game not be thrown in for a second game. This is a goalie that has absolutely no confidence.
It's over for him here. There's no trust between him and the team, or him and the coach. The fans have turned on him.

He could become a solid goalie again elsewhere. He needs a fresh start.

He's not going to fix himself here. There's too much of a poisoned well.

Reactions: canadianguy77

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Jarry’s weird. He was so technically sound but had a penchant for giving up untimely goals a few years back. He has regressed every single year… all that’s left are the Jarry meme goals. First shots of games, last shot of period, immediately after we score? He’s gonna give one up and at this point do nothing good in between.

It sucks cause I like how he battled in the third last game, was hoping it could be a turning point. But you can’t let this guy play games for the Pens anymore.

In what universe was Jarry ever technically sound?

Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
It's incredible how many f***s this team lost over the years. When did it happen? When JR took his ball and left?
Id argue it happened long before JR left. Seems like the moment after the cup was handed out in 2017, JR and Sullivan stopped talking to each other. JR was on a futures trading rampage and Sullivan was the greatest coach to every walk this earth

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad