TV: Game of Thrones | Season 6 | Part V (NO BOOK DISCUSSION - NO SPOILERS!)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
wait a second...... how the hell are we going to see the tower of joy scenes. Bloodraven's dead, and Bran has left the cave.

Bran looking back into the past. His vision didn't end when the Night's King killed the Three Eyed Raven.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Also the Walkers walked right through the Children's fire magic.

Soooooo...we sure that the Dragons fire will work on them?
White walkers can only be killed by valaryian steel or dragon glass. It's the whites(reanimated humans) that can be killed by only fire(for now, maybe something else is discovered).

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
Hold the door = Hodor. Really. Really really?

It makes sense, but... God.

Oh, good god. People like you try SO hard to find things to hate. It's really grating. That's some of the most powerful and gripping television you're going to see. Plenty of stuff to complain about on this show without resorting to trying this hard.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I really don't understand how some of you get so emotionally invested. Crying about Hodor/Summer this week. Crying about Stark reunion last week.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
* I didn't find the hold the door thing cheesy-- In fact, it was easily the best thing about the episode and redeemed all the annoying stuff below. The way they organically juxtoposed his origin and his death is outstanding.

* Problems with the Bran plot-line-- even if it's reasonable, having Bran accidentally **** everything up by being stupid is annoying in not a good way. You'd think if there was such a possibility, he would have been warned about it (the Blood Raven clearly knew about the possibility/danger, so what the hell is his problem?). Then to go back to sleep to watch some uneventful flashback when they're about to attack. I suppose the explanation is that the Blood Raven did it to intentionally set necessary events in motion, but that was presented in a pretty silly/unconvincing way.

* The Summer thing really blind-sided me... Jesus. But it was a really effective moment/good decision.

* The Sansa/Littlefinger/Jon stuff was good. Brienne being cut off right when mentioning Tormund was hilarious. The Tyrion stuff was good/fine too.

* Iron Islands felt rushed. Euron's argument sure didn't seem very convincing (it was a convincing argument why they should ally with Danaerys, but not why he should be the one to do it, given all the questions they raised about him just a second ago). They were able to stealthily stage that coup/betrayal/escape with only recently acquired information way too quickly, and it doesn't make sense that Euron wouldn't notice all those people being gone until after the coronation.

* The show's improved from last year's trainwreck, but everything good about it is action/excitement/shocking deaths rather than political intrigue (which I find more interesting). It's good action, but D&D are looking pretty limited w/o the source material right now (that said, I've heard that the source material has fallen off in quality as well).

Questions that I don't remember/understand:
* How did Sansa lie about Blackfish again? I don't remember anything about that... is it actually true, and what's the real reason she knows?
* Is Bran still able to enter flashbacks at will without the tree now? How does that work?

* Is it just me or do the WhiteWalkers seem painfully easy to defeat now, all things considered? There's only three (?) guys who aren't afraid of fire-- they can be killed in one hit with Dragon Glass or Valerian steel. Everyone else you can just divert by setting the place on fire. They also have nothing that comes close to resembling a counter against Dragons, who can light them up easily.

Last edited:

Garo

Jul 30, 2005
Montréal
Oh, good god. People like you try SO hard to find things to hate.

Good of you to always try to set me straight :)

* I didn't find the hold the door thing cheesy--

My problem with it is that it's symptomatic of a show that is going for the simplest explanation a little too often. And I don't think it needs to be spelled out that way, but if others like it, let them like it.

And I like the time loop, like I said. It's depressing and terrible, but it works.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Oh, good god. People like you try SO hard to find things to hate. It's really grating. That's some of the most powerful and gripping television you're going to see. Plenty of stuff to complain about on this show without resorting to trying this hard.

Yeah tell me about it.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
I really don't understand how some of you get so emotionally invested. Crying about Hodor/Summer this week. Crying about Stark reunion last week.

Who cares?

It's a thing people do. We get attached to a narrative and the idea of a character or a person and their trials and tribulations, so we enjoy their successes and feel bad about their downfalls. I think if you let it affect you to where it keeps you from living your life it is a problem, but having some emotion over it isn't something necessarily bad.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
* I didn't find the hold the door thing cheesy-- In fact, it was easily the best thing about the episode and redeemed all the annoying stuff below:

* Problems with the Bran plot-line-- even if it's reasonable, having Bran accidentally **** everything up by being stupid is annoying in not a good way. You'd think if there was such a possibility, he would have been warned about it (the Blood Raven clearly knew about the possibility/danger, so what the hell is his problem?). Then to go back to sleep to watch some uneventful flashback when they're about to attack. I suppose the explanation is that the Blood Raven did it to intentionally set necessary events in motion, but that was presented in a pretty silly/unconvincing way.

* The Summer thing really blind-sided me... Jesus. But it was a really effective moment/good decision.

* The Sansa/Littlefinger/Jon stuff was good. Brienne being cut off right when mentioning Tormund was hilarious. The Tyrion stuff was good/fine too.

* Iron Islands felt rushed. They were able to stage that coup with only recently acquired information way too quickly, and it doesn't make sense that Euron wouldn't notice all those people being gone until after the coronation.

* The show is currently far superior to S5, but is still far weaker than S1-S4. Obviously relying a helluva lot more on action/excitement/shock rather than complex political intrigue. It's good action, but D&D are looking pretty limited right now.

Questions that I don't remember/understand:
* How did Sansa lie about Blackfish again? I don't remember anything about that... is it actually true, and what's the real reason she knows?
* Is Bran still able to enter flashbacks at will without the tree now? How does that work?

* Is it just me or do the WhiteWalkers seem painfully easy to defeat now, all things considered? There's only three (?) guys who aren't afraid of fire-- they can be killed in one hit with Dragon Glass or Valerian steel. Everyone else you can just divert by setting the place on fire. They also have nothing that comes close to resembling a counter against Dragons, who can light them up easily.

LF told Sansa about the Tullys. She lied to Jon and said she heard it from Ramsey.

Multiple times they teased tension between the half siblings.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Who cares?

It's a thing people do. We get attached to a narrative and the idea of a character or a person and their trials and tribulations, so we enjoy their successes and feel bad about their downfalls. I think if you let it affect you to where it keeps you from living your life it is a problem, but having some emotion over it isn't something necessarily bad.

Hey man I'm not saying it's bad. I just don't understand it.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
Then to go back to sleep to watch some uneventful flashback when they're about to attack
No. No, no. It was obviously necessary to go back to "create" Hodor. And it wasn't really as a contrived plot device... it was because Bran had to learn the extraordinary responsibility that comes with his gift. Bloodraven's time had run out, and it was what had to be done for Bran to learn how to "be" Bloodraven.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

- She told them that Ramsay got a raven about it before the left. She actually learned of it by meeting with Littlefinger in Mole's Town.

- Apparently he has that power, as the vision didn't collapse when the Three Eyed Raven died.

- There are more than 3 White Walkers, some of the earlier episodes of shown more. I assume in a normal battle they won't be at the front lines, like at Hardhome where they sat back until most of the damage was done.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Whitewalkers are easy to defeat if you have dragon glass/valyrian steel and have a free shot, yeah. But at the same time how many people currently in Westeros have that? Three maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad