GDT: GAME 9: HABS @ VEGAS | Vegas, baby! | Mon. Oct. 30, 2023, 10PM -- RDS, TSN2, TSN690, 98.5FM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who's going to get the most scorched in the GDT?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cournoyer12

Mar 17, 2022
Vegas 8-0-1, Habs will have to play a disciplined, close to perfect game and goaltending will need to be on point.

One more important observation- is it me or does Mark Stone have a punchable face?
Right on brother! Stone, Matthews,Nylander= Mount Rushmore of punchable faces! Feel free to add to the list!

• Love
Reactions: Tyson

Cournoyer12

Mar 17, 2022
The Arpon article about “Positionless Hockey” and the way the “modern game” is played irks me a bit in that some people think these are novel concepts. Oops there’s MSL’s favourite word :sarcasm:

The Soviets crafted zone entries that led to defensemen driving the puck into an empty slot for a shot on net. I don’t think anyone needs reminding of the style many NHL teams used in the 80s and early 90s.

It reminds me of the one of advanced stats nerds, probably Dom, that once said Babcock’s Leafs are the first team to ever consistently use “4” players to maintain possession in the O zone. WHAT?
Plain old recency bias my friend, seems like no one remembers anything before 2000….. except us old geezers!

• Haha
Reactions: Runner77

Bushero

Oct 4, 2023
So we're gonna scratch Ylonen again to accommodate for our young future cornerstone piece Joel Armia again right?
If anything Armia should be given a chance in the first line after last game. Especially because of the other options that totally sucks. And what's the obsession with below mediocre Ylönen ? There's a billion players like him out there. Absolutely nothing special or ever will be.

• Haha
Reactions: HabsForHire

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
If anything Armia should be given a chance in the first line after last game. Especially because of the other options that totally sucks. And what's the obsession with below mediocre Ylönen ? There's a billion players like him out there. Absolutely nothing special or ever will be.
I don’t think this is true, he skates very well, has a hell of a one timer It’s just his positioning IQ which is lacking but I also think that with more ice time it COULD get better creating a lethal PP guy / 3rd line scorer.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Ya you’re right, there’s no player like Armia in the league which is why he’s so special. He’s clearly a hot commodity when he just cleared waivers.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
we are gonna get worked hard.
Which leads me to believe that our trusted Forum Oracle, is not optimistic even though he seems to be smitten with Yoelle’s aura. :naughty:

PulbPBY.gif

Bushero

Oct 4, 2023
I don’t think this is true, he skates very well, has a hell of a one timer It’s just his positioning IQ which is lacking but I also think that with more ice time it COULD get better creating a lethal PP guy / 3rd line scorer.
He skates very well and that's about it. Far from "hell of a one timer" at NHL level. I can't stand how the guy handles, passes and shoots the puck. Like punching a punching bag with an open palm.

• Haha
Reactions: Jaynki

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
The Arpon article about “Positionless Hockey” and the way the “modern game” is played irks me a bit in that some people think these are novel concepts. Oops there’s MSL’s favourite word :sarcasm:

The Soviets crafted zone entries that led to defensemen driving the puck into an empty slot for a shot on net. I don’t think anyone needs reminding of the style many NHL teams used in the 80s and early 90s.

It reminds me of the one of advanced stats nerds, probably Dom, that once said Babcock’s Leafs are the first team to ever consistently use “4” players to maintain possession in the O zone. WHAT?

I think people get it wrong with the MSL concepts thing. He is teaching nothing new, it's in the manner in which it is taught that is different. It is also less rigid than a system, but it's mostly the players themselves that develop the structure through following certain habits in all possible phases of the game.

It's not the strategies that are new, it's how they're implemented that is new.

Reactions: jrom

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Which leads me to believe that our trusted Forum Oracle, is not optimistic even though he seems to be smitten with Yoelle’s aura. :naughty:

PulbPBY.gif
Well... if Yoelle is the only one constantly carrying the team on his shoulders, however broad, it doesn't bode well for the team. I am not optimistic. My feeling is bad.

• Love
Reactions: Runner77

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
So true, Armia has just never been given a chance before

Put him on the first line and watch him turn into prime Sergei Fedorov

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Wow I had no ideas the Knights added the Mumbletaker to their coaching staff.
It was an afterthought for most here as they were probably trying to forget the disaster that he was.

Reminded me about how at the time when he took over from Julien, he turned out to be so similar to him rather than the innovative, modern-thinking breath of fresh air that many in here thought he might be.

Reigning veterans in to institute a meritocracy? Nahhhhh.

NjFGTBK.gif

A departure from Julien’s archaic methods? Nope.

E17SlPF.gif

He couldn’t even dress for the part without causing disturbing fashion faux pas:

onWqDZv.jpg

Even @overlords couldn’t take him anymore!

MxJ3AdZ.png

He was largely considered to be a puppet of Bergevin as he acted with no mind of his own …

fHFtsN9.gif

And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. :sarcasm:

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
It was an afterthought for most here as they were probably trying to forget the disaster that he was.

Reminded me about how at the time when he took over from Julien, he turned out to be so similar to him rather than the innovative, modern-thinking breath of fresh air that many in here thought he might be.

NjFGTBK.gif

E17SlPF.gif

He couldn’t even dress for the part without causing disturbing fashion faux pas:

onWqDZv.jpg

MxJ3AdZ.png

He was largely considered to be a puppet of Bergevin as he acted with no mind of his own …

fHFtsN9.gif

Fenwick McCorsi

Not impress.
Mar 3, 2013
Montreal, QC

NjFGTBK.gif

E17SlPF.gif

onWqDZv.jpg

MxJ3AdZ.png

fHFtsN9.gif

The Circle of Claude's around serial-killer face Ducharme is something I never needed to see, yet I can't look away.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Harris with an honorable mention to RHP

I don't count Gallagher hate, it's lazy at this point

Where I'm from Dominique is a woman's name, Dominic is for men

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Also prepare for our young guys to suck tonight, I'll be surprised if this isn't Slaf's worst game yet

They don't know how to control themselves in Vegas, especially with all the Halloween fun, Monahan and Allen will have to carry

Reactions: Sasha Orlov
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad