GDT: GAME 9: HABS @ VEGAS | Vegas, baby! | Mon. Oct. 30, 2023, 10PM -- RDS, TSN2, TSN690, 98.5FM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who's going to get the most scorched in the GDT?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
My fondest memory of the great Mark Stone was going pointless against the Habs for an entire playoff series, now that's Captain leadership right there.
I've often wondered how Ottawa has managed to draft or trade for so many punchable faces. It started happening after they were so good and couldn't win it all. The funny thing is it isn't limited to players with coaches like DJ Smith and the Walrus we'd all like to wale on. :laugh:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
From Arpon Basu’s article on The Athletic this morning:
One of a number of Phantom Calls it's getting very frustrating when they are now calling just about every stick on stick regardless if it's near the hands or not while letting blatant boarding calls go either unpunished or too mildly punished.

I'll treasure that series win over Vegas forever honestly
And the Toronto one obviously (which still feels like it never sunk in that we actually did that lmao)
It was a small bit of light during the dark times that were covid.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I don't like West trip, puck drop is basically when I go to bed and this game looks like a nice setup.

Habs first versus (assistant) coach Ducharme since the fiasco season.
It's Suzuki 300th game against the team who drafted him.
It's also Monty's birthday.
I'm getting ready to read a book real soon and will no doubt find my self ZZZZZZing not long after.

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Good luck to the Habs tonight and best wishes to those of you staying up to watch the game.

1698690067801.png

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Monty in net and Matheson is ready to go.

My bold prediction- Primeau plays in Arizona and Allen confronts his old team.

Why do we keep parading RHP out on the first line?
Cuz you need size to help Suzuki and Caufield 😅😅😅

Reactions: CDN24

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I've often wondered how Ottawa has managed to draft or trade for so many punchable faces. It started happening after they were so good and couldn't win it all. The funny thing is it isn't limited to players with coaches like DJ Smith and the Walrus we'd all like to wale on. :laugh:
Yeah I hated the Sens more than the Bruins in the last 12 years or so

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I'll complain about this every year but 90% of the leagues revenue comes from the eastern standard time zone. 10pm starts should never be a thing.

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
The Arpon article about “Positionless Hockey” and the way the “modern game” is played irks me a bit in that some people think these are novel concepts. Oops there’s MSL’s favourite word :sarcasm:

The Soviets crafted zone entries that led to defensemen driving the puck into an empty slot for a shot on net. I don’t think anyone needs reminding of the style many NHL teams used in the 80s and early 90s.

It reminds me of the one of advanced stats nerds, probably Dom, that once said Babcock’s Leafs are the first team to ever consistently use “4” players to maintain possession in the O zone. WHAT?

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
KK 9 pts in 9 games........

I'll complain about this every year but 90% of the leagues revenue comes from the eastern standard time zone. 10pm starts should never be a thing.

Right. West people should just watch Canadiens Express @10. Everyone wins !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad