GDT: GAME 9: HABS @ VEGAS | Vegas, baby! | Mon. Oct. 30, 2023, 10PM -- RDS, TSN2, TSN690, 98.5FM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who's going to get the most scorched in the GDT?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

StCaufield

Mar 14, 2022
Slaf has not shown any vision, it's like he wants to get rid of the puck as quickly as possible without any regard to a proper play that could lead to a goal. I know it's early in his career and season but this isn't very reassuring.

Do you think that him getting tombstoned all year last year made him fear possession?

Pomee

Nov 26, 2006
Michael Carcone, a no-name playing for Arizona who happens to have a hat trick tonight, is a 27 years old with less NHL games under his belt than Slaf and more points (with over double the goals).

🥲
Are you really comparing 27 years old with 19 one?
To nemyslis vazne ty dilino!

Reactions: SlafySZN

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
We need guys who can win battles along the boards too. Maybe the least talked about struggle this team has
sorry was watching second. 100% agree. Caufield is not scoring from the dot on the PP vs a team as good and big as Vegas is in their own end. Ain't happening. If no one is going to the net and looking for greasy goals, it's 100% loss tonight. you can see the difference in a well-oiled machine like the Knights. One f***ing bonehead play by kovacevic and it's in the net - on their second shot of the period! Too much spacing for the 5 habs on the ice.
This is why the habs need to get bigger up front and be patient with the quality on D. We aren't scoring again tonight unless guys want to get in front of Hill and screen or look for rebounds. Caufield isn't scoring from the circle with the goalie looking right at him.

larek

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I think Habs are playing their most complete game of the season as a team so far tonight. They could still end up losing this game, but at least after 40 minutes, they're playing their a complete game.
Offense Mickey.mouse up to now
Power play not much power

Riddick412

Crash da net!
Dec 15, 2011
Ottawa
I felt the Habs were out playing VK most of the first and second with minor moments of breakdown. Unfortunate score considering. No doubt the crowd called the penalty for the 6on5 goal, it is the NHL's team after all.

Man the special teams continue to suck

StCaufield

Mar 14, 2022
If you want to get fixated on everything he does, especially tonight, Go for it if it makes you feel good.

I want him to succeed. Not all first overall players need to be in the NHL right away. There’s something psychological with him that needs to be nipped in the bud

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
I think Habs are playing their most complete game of the season as a team so far tonight. They could still end up losing this game, but at least after 40 minutes, they're playing their a complete game.
Agreed I think they look like a real hockey team tonight

Doesn't feel like the right time to shit on MSL but I do wonder what his shelf life is before players start seeing the motivational speeches as cringe, I'm sure some already do

I want him to succeed. Not all first overall players need to be in the NHL right away. There’s something psychological with him that needs to be nipped in the bud
He's a party animal and we're playing in Vegas

Reactions: StCaufield

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Slaf has not shown any vision, it's like he wants to get rid of the puck as quickly as possible without any regard to a proper play that could lead to a goal. I know it's early in his career and season but this isn't very reassuring.
That was the reason why we passed on Wright, because he seemed like he didn't want to take control of the game. I don't see Slaf "wanting it" so far in the NHL.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
sorry was watching second. 100% agree. Caufield is not scoring from the dot on the PP vs a team as good and big as Vegas is in their own end. Ain't happening. If no one is going to the net and looking for greasy goals, it's 100% loss tonight. you can see the difference in a well-oiled machine like the Knights. One f***ing bonehead play by kovacevic and it's in the net - on their second shot of the period!
This is why the habs need to get bigger up front and be patient with the quality on D. We aren't scoring again tonight unless guys want to get in front of Hill and screen or look for rebounds. Caufield isn't scoring from the circle with the goalie looking right at him.
Vegas has a lot of turds on the team. Cassidy is a great coach.

Dirby Kach

Sep 2, 2009
This D is gonna be gross in a few years with possibly Reinbacher, Guhle, Hutson, Mailloux, Xhekaj, Barron.
I don’t see Harris as part of the future and Matheson , Kovacevic are just kinda placeholders.

Reactions: zx81

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
That was the reason why we passed on Wright, because he seemed like he didn't want to take control of the game. I don't see Slaf "wanting it" so far in the NHL.

Oh god.

You're right.

That hurts.

tbf Slaf does NOT belong in the NHL at all, and even he probably realizes it.

Sad situation.

Apr 28, 2010
Michael Carcone, a no-name playing for Arizona who happens to have a hat trick tonight, is a 27 years old with less NHL games under his belt than Slaf and more points (with over double the goals).

🥲
ready to make that trade though?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad