Post-Game Talk: GAME 9 - BRUINS 4 Hogtown 3 F/OT

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Hope Carlo is ok he got hammered behind the net late in the first ~ that was as hard a board check as I’ve seen in awhile. Thought he missed a shift or so after that

Gotta check his minutes

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
Bruins again should've had 2 pts in regulation if they had a decent powerplay,
and don't play the 9.5 million dollar man in the last minute.
Macs been brain dead this year. That matthews goal was him going for a big hit. There about a minute left. Use you head you follow Matthews there. Nevermind the hit. He needs a wake up call.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I like that Lohrei kept his game simple tonight. It indicates to me that the D as a whole are trying to get back to basics.

I know opinions on Brazeau are mixed here, but watching him play I think there’s something special about him. It’s hard to define.

The Pro Shop better be stocking Kastelic jerseys.

Overall the team structure has improved. There was a lot less freelancing and weird behind-the-back passes. They’ve got a ways to go yet, but tonight I feel a little better about this team.
For the life of me, I don’t know why opinions on Brazeau are mixed around here.

Big body, soft hands, ALWAYS around the net.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Posters have been on Marchand hard through the early part of this season. The guy had no offseason training and limited in the preseason. Marchand is the least of the Bruins problems.

Disagree.

I think he is a big part of the Bruins problems.

Whatever the excuses, he has not been good, at all.

Plays like he has an injured wrist. No puck control. And he insists on trying the cute plays that he doesn't make anymore. Leafs 2nd goal last night was Marchand asleep at the point, puck watching as Marner flip a nice pass to Rielly, who was 20 feet free of Brad.

He needs less ice time.at this point.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
I thought Marchand looked a lot better. A lot faster and made better decisions with the puck.

Poitras also had a great game but just couldn’t finish his chances. I think he’s looking good on that second line.

Hope Carlo is ok he got hammered behind the net late in the first ~ that was as hard a board check as I’ve seen in awhile. Thought he missed a shift or so after that

Gotta check his minutes
He had the least amount of ice time among the Bruins d-men. Either he missed shifts because of injury or he was sat a few shifts. Even the bottom pairing defenseman had more ice time.

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
5 pages when they win against a divisional rival and 15 when they lose is funny. It's how it goes around here.

When the Bruins are on their game they are a good team. I don't think they are going to win on skill alone but they are going to be heard to beat, which may just be enough to make the playoffs and push

Need more guys to step up, they still haven't showed their best yet but getting closer

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

Forester65

Jan 31, 2019
Posters have been on Marchand hard through the early part of this season. The guy had no offseason training and limited in the preseason. Marchand is the least of the Bruins problems.
I hear you, but he has been one of the guilty parties who were taking costly stupid penalties. You don't need practice reps to be smart.

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
The Bruins were the better team tonight. Out-worked the Leafs, carried more of the play, created more chances. But some sloppy play, errors and the quality of Mitch Marner kept the Leafs in it. Leaving Matthews unmarked at the end of regulation was inexcusable, almost cost them what should have been a reasonably well-earned 2 points. Fortunately Auston repaid the favor in OT. Nice to see Marchand torment Toronto again, even though his overall game still suggests he’s got a ways to go.

I thought Poitras did a really good job on the wing, allowed him to find some space and show his skill. Stick with that. Kastelic and the 4th delivered again. Beecher was good apart from the penalty he gave away. Brazeau needs to stay in the lineup. Defense was a mixed bag. Some dumb moments, but overall they are improving, slowly.

A narrow win, but deserved. Hopefully it will give the players some confidence and something to build on. Little steps.
Matthews let go by McCavoy in dieing minutes of regulation was pure Charlie. His hockey IQ ....
well Ill say this .....he ain't the sharpest knife on the drawer

Reactions: BamBamCam

Forester65

Jan 31, 2019

Hopefully that gets the monkey off his back and he gets on a roll with some confidence.

getting monkey off back.gif

aguineapig72

Jun 28, 2023
Since Friedman (32 Thoughts) and the 4th line have been highlighted in this thread, here's 3 thoughts on the 4th line.

Kastelic is everything Harry said we got from the Sens when he traded for Trent McCleary. He just didn't mention it would be nearly 30 years later. But so far it has been well worth the wait.

Koepke is everything I had hoped we would see from Chris Pelosi 3 or 4 years from now. Kind of like an early Christmas present.

If you read this DKH, I believe you stated you were in attendance last evening. My mind is feeble and my eyes failing but since #19 has been moved to the wing I almost think I'm watching the ghost of Donnie Marcotte

Reactions: sarge88

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
Disagree.

I think he is a big part of the Bruins problems.

Whatever the excuses, he has not been good, at all.

Plays like he has an injured wrist. No puck control. And he insists on trying the cute plays that he doesn't make anymore. Leafs 2nd goal last night was Marchand asleep at the point, puck watching as Marner flip a nice pass to Rielly, who was 20 feet free of Brad.

He needs less ice time.at this point.
spot on.

We beat the sniveling leafs. In my books that’s all that matters. It That makes up for the crap we’ve been watching.
easy week coming up. Should hopefully get 6 points min.

Reactions: Dr Hook

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad