Post-Game Talk: GAME 9 - BRUINS 4 Hogtown 3 F/OT

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014
That was much closer to the Bruins team we are used to except for the brain dead mistakes. I hope this is the beginning of a turnaround, lots of positives with that effort tonight.
They got the win and it was an entertaining game. Still a lot of sloppy plays, but that at least looked like the kind of game style they need to play. Brazeau and Freddy looked good. I liked Poitras on the wing. Where were the defensmen on the Matthews goal? Yikes

Reactions: BTO

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
Bruins played with better effort tonight.
Maple Leafs did not look good.
I lost My feed when Pastrnak got high sticked in the second, got it back in the third.
Bruins played three men back in third protecting the lead.
Which is something they haven't done all season.
So that is a change in their strategy.
Bruins should buy Matthews dinner, that was a gift.
Really bad play.
But what goes around comes around, the Bruins have given plenty of gifts.
Better game by the team, but they got lucky
Take the two points and run.
The better play by the Bruins gives Monty a stay to live and fight another game.

Reactions: OV

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
That was much closer to the Bruins team we are used to except for the brain dead mistakes. I hope this is the beginning of a turnaround, lots of positives with that effort tonight.

Mathews is being crucified on the Leafs board for his OT giveaway, pretty funny. I don't care what numbers he puts up he is nowhere near the likes of McDavid, McKinnon and Draisatal when it comes to the best NHL forwards. Pastrnak for all the criticism he receives here is also a player you want before Mathews when the playoffs start.
Eichel is better than him.

BB79

Partially deceased
Apr 30, 2011
Bullshit.... 34 played pond hockey in OT. Good for us.
That play he made after turning it over, going at #88 and leaving Marchand alone on the doorstep was equally as dumb :laugh: Stolarz did everything possible to make it difficult to score, 100% on Matthews. I get what they're trying to do though

Reactions: Bradely

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
Great win (besides nearly choking it away in the final minute). Played good defense, big guns gave them important goals, and got some secondary scoring as well. Keep playing like that and the wins will keep coming.

If Johnson is signing between now and our next game (I think he will be) then I think he has to be slotting in for Geekie right now. He just looks so lost out there, and the 4th line is still great and Brazeau is starting to find the scoring touch again.

MartyLapointe20

Dec 20, 2023
More p p please.

Poitras and peeke.
Good speed from Poitras on that breakaway - way to protect the puck. Him and Lohrei are the future stars. Liked them both tonight. No bad turnovers and didn’t try to do too much… played well within their games. I’m pretty sure Bergeron played a little wing sometimes early on in his career. This looks like it’ll be a good move for 51, especially with Coyle and Marchand. And Lohreis crafty - he can get out of trouble quick and has a ton of offensive upside. Toronto makes a little flip dump pass tonight - Lohrei chokes up on his shaft catches it mid flight on his stick blade and spins off pressure. He’s getting more comfortable and making the good subtle plays.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
That's the forecheck I want to see, that kind of skating is what it's going to take for this team to have success. Gave Toronto very little time and space with the puck and that's how you force mistakes. Teams have been looking too clean against the Bruins the last couple weeks and it's because we've been giving them too much room.

Much better game out of the forwards. Blueline is still a work in progress but there were some positives there as well.

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton

Attachments

• IMG_1911.jpeg
    IMG_1911.jpeg
    47.8 KB · Views: 1

bwunderlich

Feb 27, 2002
woodstock, ny
Visit site
Unless Brad's stick has a 3ft blade it's Pasta's goal, but whatever.

Would, obviously preferred Brad with empty-netter to solidify solid team effort (would prefer 2-year deal). Didn't like defensive posture in the 3rd . . .felt Leaves were ripe for the picking. Tanev and OEL make them a better team but something is just missing . . .and their getting the best goaltending they've ever had. idk?

For those at ice-level, it sure seemed like Bruins finished a lot of checks with bad intent. Was it so?

I like medium-sized Z. Mac seems to lose a lot of physical battles. Mason has hands and instincts - when the game slows down more and he gets stronger look out.

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
It was good to see them skating, playing fast and harder. Still some issues but that was much more like what we expected this year. Brazeau back to being what he was end of last year. I think that cements his place on the third line over Jones. At least for now.

Wish it had been in regulation but I'm happy.

Reactions: PlayMakers

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Back from one of their better efforts so far this season. Still a bunch of room for improvement but they played with focus and intensity for long stretches.

Some thoughts
-the Matthews ot giveaway was egregious - loved it

-almost as bad was the Bs prevent defense near the end of the third

-Sway is building his game back to last seasons form

-Marchand had a true Jekyll and Hyde night - ot winner and a beautiful pass to set up the Pasta goal, on the other side of the ledger were a number of major muffed plays including one on an empty net

-Liked seeing young players like Beecher and Poitras playing well and with confidence

-Kastelic has been a major plus so far - like how he plays

-can we PLEASE change up the pp- it baffles me that Monty will change lines and d-pairs at will while trotting out the same predictable and bordering on dysfunctional power play

-and finally-looks like the Monty watch gets put on ice for a while

Night all

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Clutch play by Matthews.:laugh:
As I said prior to the game, this guy is a defensive liability. Leave it to the leaf media to prop him up by blaming everyone else when he screws up.

Still...nice pressure by Marchy and Pasta to make him cough it up.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Just got out - heck of a game

Bruins looked fast and engaged

Pastrnak & Marchand played great

Brazeau been fantastic since scratched

The entire team was on it
Nice to wave across the arena @DKH

Just in.

I like Pasta and Brad together. Love that Brad got the game winner...Pasta loved it too!

I watched the coach-player interaction tonight. Not much drama. Lots of chats between Brad and Chris Kelly.

Poor Leaf fans. I almost feel bad for them.

I thought the Bs looked better tonight. I hope it improves from here on. I thought Brad played well and all of those shitting on him can suck it.
Pasta played well too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad