Post-Game Talk: GAME 9 - BRUINS 4 Hogtown 3 F/OT

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Hope Carlo is ok he got hammered behind the net late in the first ~ that was as hard a board check as I’ve seen in awhile. Thought he missed a shift or so after that

Gotta check his minutes

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
Bruins again should've had 2 pts in regulation if they had a decent powerplay,
and don't play the 9.5 million dollar man in the last minute.
Macs been brain dead this year. That matthews goal was him going for a big hit. There about a minute left. Use you head you follow Matthews there. Nevermind the hit. He needs a wake up call.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
My takeaway is they play smart and fast they are going to win a lot of games- top 5 team

On the entertainment scale it was 9 or 10

Reactions: sarge88 and lopey

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I like that Lohrei kept his game simple tonight. It indicates to me that the D as a whole are trying to get back to basics.

I know opinions on Brazeau are mixed here, but watching him play I think there’s something special about him. It’s hard to define.

The Pro Shop better be stocking Kastelic jerseys.

Overall the team structure has improved. There was a lot less freelancing and weird behind-the-back passes. They’ve got a ways to go yet, but tonight I feel a little better about this team.
For the life of me, I don’t know why opinions on Brazeau are mixed around here.

Big body, soft hands, ALWAYS around the net.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Posters have been on Marchand hard through the early part of this season. The guy had no offseason training and limited in the preseason. Marchand is the least of the Bruins problems.

Reactions: JAD

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Posters have been on Marchand hard through the early part of this season. The guy had no offseason training and limited in the preseason. Marchand is the least of the Bruins problems.

Disagree.

I think he is a big part of the Bruins problems.

Whatever the excuses, he has not been good, at all.

Plays like he has an injured wrist. No puck control. And he insists on trying the cute plays that he doesn't make anymore. Leafs 2nd goal last night was Marchand asleep at the point, puck watching as Marner flip a nice pass to Rielly, who was 20 feet free of Brad.

He needs less ice time.at this point.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
I thought Marchand looked a lot better. A lot faster and made better decisions with the puck.

Poitras also had a great game but just couldn’t finish his chances. I think he’s looking good on that second line.

Hope Carlo is ok he got hammered behind the net late in the first ~ that was as hard a board check as I’ve seen in awhile. Thought he missed a shift or so after that

Gotta check his minutes
He had the least amount of ice time among the Bruins d-men. Either he missed shifts because of injury or he was sat a few shifts. Even the bottom pairing defenseman had more ice time.

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
5 pages when they win against a divisional rival and 15 when they lose is funny. It's how it goes around here.

When the Bruins are on their game they are a good team. I don't think they are going to win on skill alone but they are going to be heard to beat, which may just be enough to make the playoffs and push

Need more guys to step up, they still haven't showed their best yet but getting closer

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad