Post-Game Talk: GAME 9 - BRUINS 4 Hogtown 3 F/OT

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Posters have been on Marchand hard through the early part of this season. The guy had no offseason training and limited in the preseason. Marchand is the least of the Bruins problems.
Why is this the least of their problems? If you think it's no off season training for the reasons his game has slipped so be it but come on Father Time has caught up to him.

Not saying he is no longer effective but he is no longer top threat to other teams on a constant basis. And that's ok.

But to listen to posters say suck it haters after he scored his what first goal of the season and 6th I think in his last 30 games is laughable and childish.

Now we hear rumors of a three year deal? yikes

Last edited:
Reactions: RiverbottomChuck

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
Posters have been on Marchand hard through the early part of this season. The guy had no offseason training and limited in the preseason. Marchand is the least of the Bruins problems.
This is what Razor pointed out too and said he wasn’t expecting #63 to be really ready to go at full-pace until mid-November.

People have zero patience and just don’t get it.

These are not robots, it takes time..

Reactions: lopey

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I watched the DVR later last night, and yeah, it was okay. There were signs of life and maybe a turnaround. Still a lot of stupid shit going on out there and it was nice to see the inability to defend a 6 on 5 has returned, but there were positives too. 4th line is great so far- what a pass by Beecher on that goal, Andrew Peeke has been good and was last night, and Zado has a lot of skill that doen't immediately come to mind when you think about him. E. Lindholm has been as advertised since he got here, so its too bad his linemates have been so poor so far. Brazeau and Poitras had solid games. Hampus has been somewhat of a mixed bag, but I think overall he's been decent. However . . .

Pasta, FFS. I always expect some terrible things from him because that is how he has always been, and the scoring has more than made up for it. He looks kind of brutal so far this season, though. The McAvoy PP experiment needs to end. That one goal they got was a beauty, but right now it feels like the blind squirrel strategy. Brad might be getting back to game shape but even so, he is not the Brad of three seasons ago.That's okay because it happens to everyone but he just isn't a game-breaker anymore and maybe needs a role that reflects that. Coyle, Geekie, Frederic still yuck out there.

Step in the right direction? We'll see. I hope so. I am going to the Dallas game on the 14th and I don't want to have bring a paper sack to wear on my head.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
That Matthews OT turnover still just floors me. 13M+ Toronto are paying this guy and he makes a peewee play like that. Take a look and hold on to the puck jfc

Bergeron his entire career I don't think made a play that dumb.
Auston Muffins

I thought Marchand looked better last night. Hopefully he’s coming around.

Zadorov played a great game.

Still too many guys MIA though. Coyle, Frederic, Geekie etc

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
far from perfect but much much more focused and determined effort. Good win , that 4th line or whatever you choose to call them has me smack dab in the middle of a man crush

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I thought Marchand looked a lot better. A lot faster and made better decisions with the puck.

Poitras also had a great game but just couldn’t finish his chances. I think he’s looking good on that second line.

He had the least amount of ice time among the Bruins d-men. Either he missed shifts because of injury or he was sat a few shifts. Even the bottom pairing defenseman had more ice time.
No idea but considering how good Peeke has been it’s possible

Peeke the guy who has played controlled and steady

Living up to high second round pick

Peeke & Koepke very underrated pickups

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
far from perfect but much much more focused and determined effort. Good win , that 4th line or whatever you choose to call them has me smack dab in the middle of a man crush
Remember the Leafs are playing as well - they have a very good roster and a desperate team

Bruins played very well

I love you man
Thank you. We all need love lol

Reactions: ODAAT

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Auston Muffins

I thought Marchand looked better last night. Hopefully he’s coming around.

Zadorov played a great game.

Still too many guys MIA though. Coyle, Frederic, Geekie etc
my guess, Johnson signed and is playing vs Philly on the 29th and Geekie will be on the 9th floor

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I feel like I’m close to ordering a Kastelic jersey. Love everything about how he plays. Effort all the f***ing time.
perfect 4th line C ~ I mean really perfect

He and Beecher go very well

Koepke the more I watch I think can play higher even if only L3

He’s solid, honest, smart

Tampa knows wtf they are doing

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Reactions: BigGoalBrad

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
No idea but considering how good Peeke has been it’s possible

Peeke the guy who has played controlled and steady

Living up to high second round pick

Peeke & Koepke very underrated pickups
100%.

Peeke is a better Carlo we need to trade gloves glued on Brandon and move him up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad