BRUINS GDT GAME 9 10/30 7:08 PM - THE BEAR seeks revenge against the Sunrise Kittens - NESN, NESN 4K, ESPN+, 98.5 WBZ-FM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
We have come along way from the O’connel years
We have been lucky with coaches, net minders (thanks goalie coach Bob) and players who bought into the plan. Chemistry has been good for a number of years.

Of course, having the duo of Bergy/ Brad didn't hurt.

I don't know what to expect this season but I am having fun ...so far.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
This place is going to be insufferable tonight. Way too much focus on fighting and revenge going on already.

This is the GDT. I'm not in the mood to be creative.

Ya I'm past last season. So many players from that series aren't even on their respective teams anymore. This is just another game of the 82 game season for me

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma

I can't think of any runs on poitras over the last couple games. Admittedly I haven't watched every minute of every game but I would assume I would have seen it online somewhere.

All I can recall is Gudas laying a good hit on Poitras but nothing out of the ordinary. Not like he was specifically targeted for that one.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I can't think of any runs on poitras over the last couple games. Admittedly I haven't watched every minute of every game but I would assume I would have seen it online somewhere.

All I can recall is Gudas laying a good hit on Poitras but nothing out of the ordinary. Not like he was specifically targeted for that one.

hes been hit from behind a few times. Its around here somewhere.

Ducks:

Less than a minute in, Jackson LaCombe cross-checked Matt Poitras from behind, the rookie’s face smashing into the glass. The Bruins did not take kindly to the assault on their 19-year-old center, and they first went after LaCombe and then they went after the net.
“I think ever since I’ve been here with the Bruins we stick together like a pack of wolves,” said Montgomery. “So, you come after one of us, you’re going to have to deal with all of us, and I love the way we responded that way and I love the energy we had, and even after we went ahead, 3-1, we had numerous opportunities to extend the lead.”

Red Wings:

The Bruins struck first on the power play after Michael Rasmussen drilled Matt Poitras into the boards. Rasmussen’s nose was still a bit out of joint after he was thumped by Kevin Shattenkirk.

Last edited:

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta

Rasmussen ran him during the Red Wings game.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

I thought he was teamed up on a couple of games ago, but he handles it well. He isn't shy about digging in the corners.

If the other team choses to go after him, I am quite sure the Bruins will answer. If not...I am bringing the bat.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Rasmussen ran him during the Red Wings game.

I just saw that one on Twitter. Bad hit but not sure if that counts as someone targeting Poitras specifically.

Bruins just committed that same type of hit recently and I don't think it was specifically targeted.

There's a difference between just taking a couple hits and being specifically targeted. If Poitras starts taking abuse that only gets directed at him and no other Bruin I would start buying into the line of thinking that he's being singled out.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
I just saw that one on Twitter. Bad hit but not sure if that counts as someone targeting Poitras specifically.

Bruins just committed that same type of hit recently and I don't think it was specifically targeted.

There's a difference between just taking a couple hits and being specifically targeted. If Poitras starts taking abuse that only gets directed at him and no other Bruin I would start buying into the line of thinking that he's being singled out.
Monty wanting to protect the young kid is the right thing. I agree none of those hits are targeting but the next one might

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Monty wanting to protect the young kid is the right thing. I agree none of those hits are targeting but the next one might

Apparently he is going to run Frederic on that line to help discourage that kind of thing. We'll see how that goes. Even more I hope those guys can find some offensive chemistry.

Reactions: hrdpuk and lopey

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
full

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
I don't expect much because no one hates anyone anymore. I fully expect a la-de-dah game that's not remotely physical.

One time you'd have this one circled on your calendar. Not anymore.

the bruins fanbase had the game against vancouver "circled" after the 2011 cup win, that game was a shit show and the bruins lost.

La-de-dah, la-de-doo, all I care about is that we get TWO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad