BRUINS GDT GAME 9 10/30 7:08 PM - THE BEAR seeks revenge against the Sunrise Kittens - NESN, NESN 4K, ESPN+, 98.5 WBZ-FM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
We all saw how Matthew ran around last year. I'm just saying to keep your heads up and watch out for Poitras. Not unreasonable

lol we saw how Matthew was running around? It’s the playoffs you’re supposed to be playing on the edge like that looking for an advantage.

We could have used some of the Bruins players “running around “ and maybe they wouldn’t have been embarrassed.

People out here making it like Poitras should be checking under his bed for Tkachuk before he goes to sleep tonight.

Cmon guys

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
We all saw how Matthew ran around last year. I'm just saying to keep your heads up and watch out for Poitras. Not unreasonable
I put Poitras with Jake and maybe Brad. We really have nobody tough enough right now to protect him but when JDB and BM want to, they can rival almost anyone's toughness.

Reactions: BMC

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I put Poitras with Jake and maybe Brad. We really have nobody tough enough right now to protect him but when JDB and BM want to, they can rival almost anyone's toughness.
Brad is tough for sure but Jake?

Hopefully Poitras will be OK. He doesn't seem to shy away from digging in the corners.

Last edited:

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
lol we saw how Matthew was running around? It’s the playoffs you’re supposed to be playing on the edge like that looking for an advantage.

We could have used some of the Bruins players “running around “ and maybe they wouldn’t have been embarrassed.

People out here making it like Poitras should be checking under his bed for Tkachuk before he goes to sleep tonight.

Cmon guys

I don't think it's unreasonable to say "keep your heads up" or "Hopefully the boys keep an eye on Poitras". Nobody is going overboard about it, unless I can't see it.

Nothing wrong with hoping the boys are ready for a physical test. And it's also a test for Potsy as well. So we'll see what happens.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
If something goes sideways and the Kid is run and abused then they other 4 go in like a starving wolfpack. You send that message and accept the penalty consequences.
Theres some real tough guys but mostly fake tough guys out there. If in a fraction of a second they have 3 or 4 guys on them they will shit their pants.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
If something goes sideways and the Kid is run and abused then they other 4 go in like a starving wolfpack. You send that message and accept the penalty consequences.
Theres some real tough guys but mostly fake tough guys out there. If in a fraction of a second they have 3 or 4 guys on them they will shit their pants.
I am looking forward to the return of Looch (not a fake tough guy)

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Yup.

That's the mentality we NEED to have.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Problem is that I don't think Sweeney drafts with that idea in mind. I don't think it's unreasonable to use a late round pick on a physical presence every so often. Keep the guy on a two way contract in the minors, ready for a call up for a game that may get testy. OTOH, it may trigger a response that could cause an issue. I just wish that for once, when a young guy like Deslauriers etc come available for cheap they grab him. $1.75 million isn't chump change for him but I'm sure there are a couple of guys I'd rather not have, to pay for him. Lucic is a great signing but now that he's out the void is obvious IMO. When the going gets rough, and with no heavies willing to payback, players look over their shoulder more than when a Lucic is on the bench/ice. Reaves for example cost only $1.35 million. IMO that's a bargain for that kind of insurance.

Last edited:

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Of course I won't be pulling for him Monday night, but last year's playoffs made me a fan of Matthew Tkachuk. I believe in intangibles, and he has them by the boatload.

But more importantly, he's highly skilled with a knack for skating to where the puck is going to be, not where it has already been. So the concern shouldn't be retaliating physically; it should be containing him offensively.

I once saw a doc on the late 80's Detroit Pistons. The players said they knew when they rolled into a visiting city and everyone was preoccupied with everything except basketball, they'd win.

So I hope the B's focus is where it should be - on the game.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
With Poitras, I'm more worried about management sending him back to juniors than I am any Florida player running him. Not sure why so many here are so paranoid about that, especially with Gudas off their team now.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Problem is that I don't think Sweeney drafts with that idea in mind. I don't think it's unreasonable to use a late round pick on a physical presence every so often. Keep the guy on a two way contract in the minors, ready for a call up for a game that may get testy. OTOH, it may trigger a response that could cause an issue. I just wish that for once, when a young guy like Deslauriers etc come available for cheap they grab him. $1.75 million isn't chump change for him but I'm sure there are a couple of guys I'd rather not have, to pay for him. Lucic is a great signing but now that he's out the void is obvious IMO. When the going gets rough, and with no heavies willing to payback, players look over their shoulder more than when a Lucic is on the bench/ice. Reaves for example cost only $1.35 million. IMO that's a bargain for that kind of insurance.

Deslauriers is going on 33.

Reactions: Gordoff

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
This place is going to be insufferable tonight. Way too much focus on fighting and revenge going on already.

This is the GDT. I'm not in the mood to be creative.

Its game 9 of a long season. No one’s bringing playoff intensity. To the panthers its just another game. I dont see them targeting anyone. The bruins might br a little more jacked up to win. I dont see much violence

Reactions: Jonathan Stan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad